Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

best Amazon build?

i've asked this once but not too many responses came.

what could be the best Amazon build that isn't gear dependant?

i'm playing Single Player by the way

IncGamers Member
    From what I can remember of the different builds, a tankazon is probably your best choice with a daggerzon probably being the best of the bunch. With the high DAE, a good Vaklryie, and some cunning, it's should work out well for you. It's just not going to be a fast-kill kind of build, but I've played a daggerzon before and it's fun.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar
    you have got to be joking. he said the least item dependent build, and i cant think of a better one that would be more item dependent. most melee characters are.

for item independence fishyzon wins...pure javazon or pure ice zon are doable too.

as for best there, isnt a best. they're are a few that lag behind the major ones in terms of popularity and playability, but non are "best"

IncGamers Member
    @crawlingdeadman: I think he counts on valkyrie&merc to kill the stuff in the worst case. Such character is quite safe, but indeed slow, which is probably not what iLi wanted.

With mere 24 points invested, LF is without doubt the strongest mass-killer the game has to offer, which is a solid base for large variety of builds. Fire, cold or poison need almost twice as big investment to be viable. If you max CS (in addition to LF), you obtain a potent boss-killer.

If you seek safety, high level Valkyrie is a powerful tank, which in return gives you more freedom in merc choice. Decoy is an excellent scouting skill even with minimal investment.

Physical attacks depend heavily on weapon and also need a large dexterity investment to reach decent damage which results in less life. Still, MA is a cheap backup for most amazon builds.

=> I vote for single-element magezon, i.e. one elemental attack (preferably LF+CS, but FA+CA, IA+EA, or PJ+pJ also work), tough Valkyrie, few points in D/A/E (1-4) and Pierce (3-6), splitting the remaining points among Penetrate, Critical Strike, MA, or even Decoy according to your needs

There isn't a best build. So unless you say what you mean by best, we can't answer.

An undefined best results in an undefined build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugla View Post
    @crawlingdeadman: I think he counts on valkyrie&merc to kill the stuff in the worst case. Such character is quite safe, but indeed slow, which is probably not what iLi wanted.

With mere 24 points invested, LF is without doubt the strongest mass-killer the game has to offer, which is a solid base for large variety of builds. Fire, cold or poison need almost twice as big investment to be viable. If you max CS (in addition to LF), you obtain a potent boss-killer.

If you seek safety, high level Valkyrie is a powerful tank, which in return gives you more freedom in merc choice. Decoy is an excellent scouting skill even with minimal investment.

Physical attacks depend heavily on weapon and also need a large dexterity investment to reach decent damage which results in less life. Still, MA is a cheap backup for most amazon builds.

=> I vote for single-element magezon, i.e. one elemental attack (preferably LF+CS, but FA+CA, IA+EA, or PJ+pJ also work), tough Valkyrie, few points in D/A/E (1-4) and Pierce (3-6), splitting the remaining points among Penetrate, Critical Strike, MA, or even Decoy according to your needs
    if he's relying on valk/merc to kill, he's not a daggerzon, he'd be a passive zon. daggerzons arent sit back and wait builds. they're right in there doing all their best to kill crap. max block, good dr% and most of all a good dagger are all necessary and therefore a crap build for someone without at least a bit of gear already on hand.

if you do one element you're screwed vs immunes. where are you going to put all those extra points? 40 points for a basic "pure" build, one in to each passive and even saying you max valk, you're still left with a lot. hybrid is easy enough to do even untwinked. i still vote FA/LF for a non twink "best".

20 charged strike <-boss killer
    20 lightning fury <-crowd killer
    20 cold arrow
    20 frozen arrow <-lightning immune (crowd) killer
    1 all passives, more in pierce if necessary to get a decent %
    rest in charged strike synergies

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NASE View Post
    There isn't a best build. So unless you say what you mean by best, we can't answer.

An undefined best results in an undefined build.

sorry about that, well i was thinking a Magic Finding Amazon, and right now i guess an Amazon that uses Lightning Fury and Freezing Arrow is in the lead.

i looked at it and it looks like Mana would be a problem if you don't invest, do I use charms or get it from my gear, because i always see people with 500+ mana but no points spent

on untwinked builds you can put into energy. most people dont and just suffer and there are ways to get through the low levels w/o too much difficulty. namely saphires in everything or tir (i think it's tir) for mana per kill. that being said, dont feel bad if you put some into energy, just dont dump into it.

IncGamers Member
    I second the Tir/Sapphire approach. It's more than sufficient until late NM, esp. because CS/LF are so overpowered that your gear may focus on mana-regain, FRW, and other functional mods.

Honestly, I'm not sure about FA - it can turn out to be more mana-consuming than LF :rolleyes: Then again, it's only backup :grin:

@crawlingdeadman: I would not be afraid of a single-element build. I guardianed an untwinked fire magezon with some additional gear restrictions. She used act3 cold-mage, maxed Valk and MA or Strafe to bring down the FIs. I must admit I was quite lucky with bow drops, though.

Since the goal turned out to be MFing, hybrids can perform better than more all-around magezons.