Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCP/IP game

IncGamers Member
    I had the same problem until I found out that WinXP's firewall was enabled. I disabled it and it worked fine.

IncGamers Member
    I have the WinXP firewall set to allow D2.

Hmmm. I will try turning off the firewall tonight when I get home from work.

IncGamers Member

Re: TCP/IP game

Hi, I'm kind of curious, I've seen some sites say you can, and some say you can't. CAN you connect a TCP/IP game from two different homes on two different networks? My boyfriend and I are trying to play DiabloII when he is at home and I am at home, and we keep getting the "Cannot Connect to Server" message. I've allowed the ports on the Windows Firewall, and I've allowed the ports on our Router so I can host. We would rather not play Battle.Net since its so laggy for us, so I'm just curious if you actually CAN play TCP/IP from two separate houses. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know a lot about port fowarding and if you could help, it would be appreciated.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Yes, you can.

It can be a bit tricky though.

Try looking at this thread: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=753452

If you can't get it figured out still, and nobody has helped you here, then you might just post your question there.

Hamachi is the de-facto solution for playing old TCP/IP games over the network afaik so it's worth a try