Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

120 fcr light sorc guide

Well I don't know if there already is a guide on this, but people usually under estimate lightning on classic but i found it's really effective. And I felt like writing a guide because I'm bored lol.

Gear :
    Helm : Tarn (sucks but +1 is pretty useful on sorcs coz you get +1 for mastery)
    Amu : +2 fcr + str
    Armour : silks
    Wep : shard
    Shield : eyeless
    Rings : both fcr + str
    Belt : str, fhr, dex, hp, res blah blah
    Gloves : magefist
    Boots : i found frw doesnt matter that much when you always teleport the str and res is more important

and to prebuff ts use a +2 +3 ts staff, and sojs

Stats :
    Str : enough for silks, if you can stand the annoyance try to find high +str gear put silks on then put your normal gear on it saves alot of hp remember to empty your invent when you loot your corpse though
    Dex : enough for shard again try this ^^
    Vit : all
    Energy : none

Leveling :
    Get chanted, kill everything blah blah cows 20-40 nm cows 40-60/70 hell cs 70+

Skills :
    20 cb +8%
    20 light
    20 cl +8%
    20 nova +8%
    1 static
    1 teleport
    dont bother with energy shield theres too many synergies and warmth is a waste when theres mana pots
    This leaves you with a 117 bp for lightning doing about 1-25k damage which is pretty sexy pvp but most cs monsters have high *** lr so it kind of sucks but you can still zap a few cls down to infector for fun and to help out
    That should leave you at around level 70 so then start with thunderstorm, when you prebuff it at level 29 it does around 1.6-2.2k damage every second which is pretty godly

So this took like 5 min leave me some comments, I really just wrote this to see if most of what I said is actually right lol.

Silks? You must be kidding.

Lightning is hardly a viable classic build, and that guide describes a sorceress that will die very easily. That sorceress has almost no resistances, no FHR, and not much in the way of mana/life bonuses to work with the ES.

The way this sorceress would build would result in around 1-2k lightning damage at level 70, nowhere near 25k. Even with this gear at level 99, you wouldn't break 10k.

This is not a viable build, I advise against using this guide.

IncGamers Member
    lightning fully synergysed does like 8k average damage lol and you cant really use ES because theres no skill points left

IncGamers Member
    Uh, 25k Light Damage? Not on Classic. Even if you had full +Skill Items on, you'd only be doing up to at least 9k Damage at the maximum.

As for Silks, I don't even know where to begin with that. 100 Str on a Sorc? No FHR? Lack of Res? Honestly, I really hope you just came from LoD to be writing a guide like this. If not, then I strongly advise that you rethink your gear and strategy; if you're not sure of your build, start asking questions.

EDIT: Writing "blah, blah, blah" instead of explaining your thoughts will get you nowhere with this build. Don't be lazy.
    SECOND EDIT: I'm also going to assume that you're talking about NL because Dex doesn't exist on post-patch Belts, and the same goes for Str on Boots.

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    It does about 40-15k lightning damage, making the average about 8k. And this just comes from dueling hammerdins I suppose, 1 random hit and your dead, fhr and especially res don't really come into play much, damage is much more important.

But of course for dueling any class switch silks and tarn for better items, the blah blah just substitutes for other mods that are good, none are more important than the other, but the higher the number next to it the better.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sumzy View Post
    It does about 40-15k lightning damage....
    No, it doesn't. Click here if you want to argue some more about it. Oh, and that damage is assuming you're wearing Silks, Tarn, and a +2 Sorc Amulet.

And this just comes from dueling hammerdins I suppose, 1 random hit and your dead....
    And what about stacked LR characters? Ever try dueling them?

fhr and especially res don't really come into play much, damage is much more important....
    You killed your validity of PvP Sorc knowledge right there. Any person using a good PvP Sorc, no matter what type it is, knows that FHR and Res DO come into play.

But of course for dueling any class switch silks and tarn for better items, the blah blah just substitutes for other mods that are good, none are more important than the other
    Better items, such as what? A High Def 24 FHR 9x Life Str/Dex 2x CR/LR/FR -Req PRuby Socket Mage Plate? What "better items" are you talking about? All I saw was "blah, blah, blah," so please show me these "better items" you speak of. :shocked:

the higher the number next to it the better.
    This is assuming you're still alive after you get hit. Or don't you get hit? :shocked:

I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but to be blunt, this guide needs a LOT of garbage removal. Like I said before, I HIGHLY recommend that you rethink your gear and your strategy, and if you're still not sure what you should do, there's no shame in asking. You get better that way, you know?

- Akukami

IncGamers Member IsThisNamePermanent's Avatar
    The second I saw "blah blah blah" I didn't take the guide seriously.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThisNamePermanent View Post
    The second I saw "blah blah blah" I didn't take the guide seriously.
    That late? I dropped the whole thing the second I saw Dex on a Belt (unless he was refering to Bladebuckle) in the Gear Section. :undecided:

- Akukami

Quote Originally Posted by Akukami View Post
    That late? I dropped the whole thing the second I saw Dex on a Belt (unless he was refering to Bladebuckle) in the Gear Section. :undecided:

- Akukami
    I would have considered that as a legitmate option on NL due to the availability of prepatch items silks hadn't been mentioned.

IncGamers Member
    I think something similar was discussed somewhere, to make a lightning sorc semi-viable PvM max +skills need to be added and she is left with low resists :/

I've never tried using a staff, maybe the +5 chain lightning could help.. (it would probably also mean dying a lot)