Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    So I decided we need a Sorceress in the mix...plus I haven't played one for a long time, so it's a nice change. Meet Bobbie_Fett, the Chill 'em, Zap 'em and Grill 'em Sorceress.

Time to roll (with commentary as it happened):

Act 1: Vampires. Not bad, they appear in a few acts, but I have to wait till quite late while to meet them!
    Act 2: Slingers. Again not bad, but it means full clears of the desert areas that I normally skirt around the edges of. Also a frequent guest monster should I get that far.
    Act 3: Frog Demons. Bugger! First bad roll. There are next to none of these, so not many drops to look forward to! Hang on...I don't think I have any S/Us yet? I didn't initially get that this is a good thing, but when I got my head around the order of precedence of equipment, I realised that it is.
    Act 4: Oblivion Knight. First impression was that this is a terrible roll...there are hardly any of them! Then when I clicked on them for more detail, I saw that it includes Doom and Abyss Knights, not just OKs. Thank goodness for that! First SU too...good old Lord De Seis.
    Act 5: Reanimated Horde. Not bad, there are a lot around, but it means a full clear of Nitty. Bugger! Two new SUs, Bonesaw Breaker and our buddy Pindleskin!

Act Boss: Fingers crossed...anything but Diablo...anything but Diablo...anything but Diablo...*drumroll*...aww cr4p!

The full list:
    Vampires: Banished, Ghoul Lord, Night Lord, Dark Lord, Blood Lord
    Slingers: Slinger, Spear Cat, Night Slinger, Hell Slinger
    Frog Demons: Swamp Dweller, Bog Creature, Slime Prince
    Oblivion Knight: Doom Knight, Abyss Knight, Oblivion Knight
    Reanimated Horde: Rot Walker, Reanimated Horde, Prowling Dead, Unholy Corpse, Defiled Warrior

SU: Lord De Seis, Bonesaw Breaker, Pindleskin
    Act: Diablo

Now, if only I wasn't at work so I could get her out of the Rogue Encampment.

Code:
    ALIVE
    Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP
      0   Shockfrosted    Paladin     Grisu               1     A1     Rogue Camp
      0   Bobbie_Fett     Sorc        Butzull             1     A1     Rogue Camp

DEAD/RETIRED
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Character      Act I       Act II      Act III     Act IV      Act V       Boss
    Shockfrosted   Fallen      Sabre Cat   Council     Megademon   Reanimated  Mephisto
    Bobbie_Fett    Vampire     Slinger     Frogs       Ob.Knight   Reanimated  Diablo
    Butz. :dunce:

Well, itīs been an interesting first day for Mary the assassin and Gwinni the fire rogue.

Mary did a basic Martial Artist buildup up to Stony Field, reaching level 13 in the process. Many things were just like they usually are for my fledgling assassins, but two things differered a lot: no gambling and being poor as a church rat (I donīt know if this expressing is regularly used in English - itīs a straight translation from swedish). I have never played a character whose economy is mainly based on selling mana potions.:grin:

After I had already spent money to hire Gwinnie (didnīt feel like taking on Blood Raven without help...) I got really extravagant and blew up almost all the ~900 gold I had on a Belt and a Hunterīs Bow of Shock.

Later on I could add a 3s Ring Mail and a Vicious Katar of Frost from the shops. They didnīt stay with me for long , because the UGP level 1 and Dark Wood hosted Skelly Archers, my targets! Two early boss packs (giving me two rejuves, yes!), plus quite a number of stray archers here and there.

The trophymobs in these areas dropped a total of five weapons, #2-5 were all bows (they must have greatly improved drop chances from archers). The first weapon was a plain Bardiche, so that is my only melee option at the moment. Itīs slow, but BoS makes it tolerable. An Attack when Tiger Strike is fully charged does 4-120 damage. Crazy variation!

Current gear:
    * Crude Skull Cap
    * Bardiche
    * 2s Superior Hard Leather Armor
    * Tangerine (10) Leather Gloves (from shop)
    * Ring of +1 STR
    * Belt (from shop)
    * Ring of +1 DEX
    * Chain Boots (from shop. Mary almost kissed Charsi when she finally decided to offer these. They are damn good for kicking boo-tay!)

* On weapon switch: 3s Hunterīs Bow, 308 arrows left

Gwinnie:
    * Low Quality Skull Cap
    * Sharp Short Bow of Flame
    * 1s Hard Leather Armor

Extra items available:
    * 1s Buckler
    * Crude Small Shield
    * 4 chippies (emerald, amethyst, sapphire and ruby)

Mary the MA Assassin and Gwinni the Fire Rogue, level 16, Tamoe Highlands next

IncGamers Member
    Code:
    ALIVE
      0   Shockfrosted    Paladin     Grisu               1     A1     Rogue Camp
     -9   Lloyd           Necromancer Merlin             14     A1     Dark Wood

DEAD/RETIRED
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Shockfrosted   Fallen      Sabre Cat   Council     Megademon   Reanimated  Mephisto
    Bobbie_Fett    Vampire     Slinger     Frogs       Ob.Knight   Reanimated  Diablo 
    Lloyd          Fln-Shaman  Bat Demon   Zealot      Finger Mage Siege Beast Andariel
    Meet Lloyd, who desperately wants to make the world believe he isn't related to Boyd. Nobody believes him though, partly because of the uncanny resemblance... They are both pastyfaced. Besides, they are brothers. Anyways, Lloyd has taken up the challenge, and he is going to prove to the world he doesn't need animated clay or bones to score some bounties... or he's going to die trying.

He spent some time happily wailing away with his little wand in the blood moor, and then proceeded into the den. He found a grand total of 8 fallen shaman there, 1 of which dropped nothing, 5 of which dropped items from the allowed crolls/potions kind, and 2 of which dropped a crude quilted and crude leather armor, respectively. Now heavily armorized, Lloyd made short work of Corpsefire and cronies.

Onward to the Cold Plains. I figured I would need some sort of belt, for the healing potions. I shopped a plain light belt at Charsi, only to have a crude sash drop out of the next shaman i encounter... Which I still use, because that was the last belt to drop :P. Oh joy.

Another shaman here dropped me a hand axe, and the following a throwing knife. I equipped both items :P
    Bishibosh proved no match for my amp curse and the throwing knifes, and he dropped : a rare cap (argh... Now I look like a dork until I can foist it of on an unsuspecting merc!) and magic throwing knives (+1 to min. damage). Could be far worse though, I saw great potential in those knives. I switched out my plain throwing knives, and moments later switched out the hand axe for a superior short sword with +1 to max damage that dropped. That was the equipment i took with me to Blood Raven. I had to TP back to camp to replenish my knives once, but eventually, Blood Raven croaked... Jay! I could get my merc... only I wasn't gonna. I had to make sure I could always see the drop from the shaman, and I feared the merc might make that far more difficult.

So no merc. I kept selling all the potions and scrolls of identify and crap I found. And while the fallen shaman bravely continued to drop nothing, I saw rings, amulets and even one rare ring drop from all sorts of fallen and carvers... AAARGH!

Rakanishu proved problematic, because he really tore through me with his lcharged bolts. The solution was to stand still, use bone armor, let him try and hit me, and the moment he missed, outdistance him and throw a knife and the curse. He didn't last long after I found that out :P

I did find a normal leather armor with 2 sockets in it, as well as a hand axe with 2 sockets in it. One shaman was kind enough to drop blue gloves, for a total of +12 AR. Through the underground passage (with 3 shamans in lvl 1, and 3 in lvl 2) into the dark wood. Time to finish up, get the waypoint and complete a write-up.So out of the cave, I make a sharp right, and make zigzagpatterns through the entire map, using terror to keep the mobs off my back. I found the tree, I found the unique hero guarding it, I found the exit to the black marsh, and finally, I found the waypoint. About 3 meters in front of the cave opening I started at, dammit!

The shaman roll pretty much requires me to do full clears of every single area I come across, so it will be slow going :P Still, even with the crappy item finds so far, the curses really make all the difference, and I can't say that I had many problems (apart from Rakanishu, that is).

Current Gear:
    Rare Cap (from Superunique bishibosh) Bitter Veil, Defense 7
    19%enh. def, +5 mana, 10% FHR, 9% LR, repair durability(33)
    Weapon 1 - Superior Short Sword
    Shield - none
    Weapon 2 - Magical throwing knives (From Superunique Bishibosh), +1 to min damage.
    Shield - none

2 socketed Leather Armor (16 defense, 2 sockets)
    No rings, amulet.
    Leather Gloves- +3 defense, +12 AR
    Crude Sash, 1 defense
    Superior Heavy boots (Defense 6) shopped.

About 15K cash, no gems/runes whatshowever.
    In stash 1 2 socketed hand axe, 1 crude leather armor.

IncGamers Member
    Silly me, I forgot to give the most important information.. stats and skill points. Well, here goes
    Skills :
    Summon - None (Restricted)
    Posion & Bone - Teeth-2, Bone Armor 1, Corpse Explosion - 2, Bone Wall - 1
    Curses - Amp - 1, Dim Vision - 1, Weaken - 1, Terror - 1, Iron Maiden - 1
    Skill points left over : 3

Stats
    That is where I decided to raise both Str and Dex, so I could wield whatever nice weapon would drop eventually. Nothing really stands out so far, I pumped everything (Even energy... With the brutal equipment rules, I can't be sure I can assure a big enough mana pool with equipment only, and I want to keep chugging blues down to a minimum, in order to keep some cash at hand)

Str = 45, Dex = 35, Vit = 35, Energy =30

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    Code:
    ALIVE
     -7   Shockfrosted    Paladin     Grisu              15     A1     Black Marsh
     -9   Lloyd           Necromancer Merlin             14     A1     Dark Wood

DEAD/RETIRED
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Lloyd          Fln-Shaman  Bat Demon   Zealot      Finger Mage Siege Beast Andariel 
    I decided to leave my rolls that way...I'll see what I'll have from that

Well, Shockfrosted, seeing that being a noble Paladin didn't net him any respect, decided to start a new career as a bounty hunter. Instantly he ravaged among the Fallens, the first dropping him a shiny rare scepter and the third one dropping him some rare boots. Nice start!

All went smoothly, until I got that Rogue Archer as a "helping hand"...she was just messing it all up! I kept telling her: "No! Not that one! You have to shoot these pesky Goblins!! What are you d... hey, why the hell are you killing that Skeleton, he? Now wait..."
    I threw everythin I've taken to heart as a Paladin over board and decided to kill her - well, actually, it should look like a murder from one of those monsters. Unfortunately, she was too strong for most of them. Until...

Yeah, that's right, beat her up!

No, I can't hear you screaming. LALALALALA!!! *puts fingers in ears*

Oh...she died! HOW COULD THAT POSSIBLY HAPPEN??? NOOOO!

I had such a bad conscience that I decided to wash the sins of my hands by rescuing Cain. This Rakanishu *** unfortunately hadn't anything good with him, but since he's some kind of Goblin Hero or something, I decided to keep them as a trophy.

Next thing is exploring the Forgotten Tower - if I ever find him...

Equipment:
    Skull Cap
    Hard Leather Armor
    Sash
    Magical Leather Gloves (+5 Sta)
    Rare Boots (+1 to Dex, +19% ED, Lightning Resist +5%, Poison Resist +5%)
    Magical Ring (Cold Resist +5%)
    Magical Ring (+28 AR, +1 Light Radius)
    Magical Amulet (+1 MaxDmg)
    Magical Short Sword (+28% EDmg, 7 PoisonDmg over 3 sec) <-- have to use that one!
    Rare Small Shield (ethereal, self-repair, +15% block, 10% faster block, +3 Mana, Poison&Lightning Resist 5%, Attacker takes Damage of 1)
    SWITCH:
    Magical Scimitar (+22% EDmg) <-- have to use that one!
    Damaged Targe (Resist All +10%)

Skills (8 points left)
    1 Sacrifice
    4 Zeal
    1 Might
    1 Holy Fire

EDIT: Some questions:

Crafting:

If I use an item dropped from one of my bounty superunique, may I and do I have to use it?

Bolts and Arrows:
    May I pick those up or buy them?

IncGamers Member
    Botls and arrows can be bought, can't be picked up and sold tho. If you get a weapon that uses bolts/arrows, better keep some cash at hand to replenish them arrows/bolts :P

Crafting. Same rules as per runeword, only less troublesome to make I think. Still, might take some doing to get a perfect gem :P So if you craft a superunique drop, be it the item itself, the gem (or one of the cubed up smaller gems inside it), or the rune, it inherents the superunique property and thus doesn't have to be replaced by another superunique drop (so you can choose whether to use your crafted belt or a magical belt dropped by one of your superunique bounty's). You may also craft with items dropped by normal trophymobs, of course (no shopped items though!) But remember you have to replace that crafted item with a superunique drop, so I'd advise against wasting the recipe ingredients in that way.

Nice write up! Same goes to jiansonz tooo... Great crap so far!, much better then mine at least :P

IncGamers Member
    [QUOTE=Grisu;6016184]
    Code:
    ALIVE
     -7   Lloyd           Necromancer Merlin             15     A1     Black Marsh DEAD/RETIRED
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Lloyd started at the waypoint, all alone <sniff> But, he figured he would meet some nice shamans in this act, since he could remember boatloads of those crappy bastards in preivous runs. Alas, they had apparently decided to migrate. Instead, I got boatloads of annoying corrupted rogues. That superior shortsword is really not too great against the mobs now, and it's bound to get worse.
    Still, with judicious use of Bone Armor, terror and Amp. damage, it was pretty safe (if slow) going. All sorts of splendid items kept dropping all around me, and I couldn't use any of them, how swell! Eventually, of course, I came face to face with ironhead woodfist. I didn't really enjoy that experience. After I drank about 4 health potions, 3 mana potions, cast bone armor about 12 times, threw half my knoves away, lost 3 durability on my great shortsword, and got a sore throat from all the cursing I did, his healthbar was down to... Wood in the word woodfist.
    Ok.
    Time to collect my merc it seemed. Shop for a bow with 1-2 fire damage, see what sort of damage she did. It turned out to be... Cold damage. Well, I wouldn't be using many bodies, so that was fine. As you can imagine, the superunique died a whole lot quicker now. Collect the scroll, and to the stone circle. Which was interestnig, since I couldn't kill Rakanishu.. again, I did a merry run around the circle, touch the stones as you go. Three circles later a red portal appeared, and I dove in with half my healthbar intact and an angry Rakanishu snapping at my heels.
    Phew! Finally, three champion Carver shamans! Or so I thought. I had rolled fallen shamans for pretty much every HC game these last months, but now that I could REALLY use them... they turned into champion returned.
    Boohoo!
    Well, 1 of the three normal carver shaman dropped a crude skull cap, so now my merc has even more crappy armor (next to her crude leather:P)
    Another dropped a light crossbow, which I stashed for now (I can always sell it). Not other mob proved problematic, and Griswold never came close, slowed by the cold arrows and ripped apart by magical throwing knives.
    Into the black marsh, get the waypoint, and save. I doubt I will have much luck with the shaman here, but I keep hoping... i keep hoping.

IncGamers Member
    Code:
    ALIVE
    DEAD/RETIRED
     -6   Lloyd           Necromancer Merlin             19     A1     Inner Cloister 
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Ehhehehe... Oops.
    Too bad necros can't raise themselves, eh? Well, to make a long story short, my drops remained crap. I didn't find my second Fallen shaman hero/ champion until the catacombs. Up until that time, I found very little. One devilkin shaman dropped a superior dirk, which I imbued the moment I solved that quest, for a not too shabby weapon. I figured I could get some mileage on that dagger, seeing how my next superunique bounty wouldn't pop until act 3. But I popped first :P
    Anyways, Smith croaked pretty easily, mainly to the arrows from my merc. He made me lvl to 18, and got me Bone spear, which I used on a couple of heroes. I hit lvl 19 at the entrance of the catacombs. I got several unidentified items, one amulet which turned out to be +1 energy (wow... shocked), one large charm with 1-4 lightning damage (I was in favor of any damage adder, so that was a keeper) and 2 druid pelts. Enter catacombs 2, turn a corner, and wind up dead due to a fanaticism tainted who also fanaticised several dark ones who popped up around me... I miscast my terror in my haste... Byebye Lloyd... May you rest in peace, but if we can count on your brother, probably not. He ll have you dance on your own grave... literally.

IncGamers Member
    Oops. Sorry to hear the deeds Merlin. Good luck with the next one!

Bobbie_Fett will try to avenge you when she gets started this weekend.

Butz. :dunce:

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    Code:
    ALIVE
     -7   Shockfrosted    Paladin     Grisu              17     A1     Inner Cloister

DEAD/RETIRED
     -6   Lloyd           Necromancer Merlin             19     A1     Inner Cloister
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS

Sorry to hear of your loss, Merlin :undecided:
    So, will you enter with another character?

Fixed the table and made a small update. Nothing important so far...

EDIT: Do you want people to delete their bountymobs from the table after dying/retiring? Only asking since you did it