Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I went ahead and decided to reroll. Almost purely because I had 3 bounty mobs that would be very hard to separate out the loot.

My reroll:

Act I - Fallen (Rakanishu)
    Act II - Leaper
    Act III - Fetish Shaman (Witch Doctor Endugu)
    Act IV - Regurgitator
    Act V - Succubus
    Act Boss - Andy

Again, if I missed any Super uniques, just let me know.

IncGamers Member
    @Jaelen: I don't think you did. This is actually a much better roll, imho... 2 superuniques less, that's nice. Leapers might also spawn in Act III and IV. The Fetish shaman is still a weak point, as they are few and their loot is hard to separate from the normal fetishes. The Succubi I find hard to tell apart from the Stygian Furies, so that might take some careful killing (making sure you have a group of Succubi, rather then furies). Regurgitators are quite allright, I'd say.
    The Fallen is pretty nice though. I dont foresee any equipment problems during Act 1 for you, Jaelen! :P
    And Andy has those nice gems you can use, which isnt bad.

@Fabian: I'd probably switch it for mine! :P
    Allthough the Countess can potentially drop several items which you will HAVE to use, she will also drop at least 1 rune, which can be used for a runeword. So if you play your cards right, and are lucky with the drops, and last all the way through hell, you could get 1, maybe 2 runewords for sure, on items you won't have to switch out! Besides, Corrupted rogues are quite common, as are the slingers in act 2, so you'll probably have a reasanbly equipped hero at the end of act 2. And you can use Duriels drop as well, although he's by far my least favorite boss, not only for killing, but also item drop wise.
    Frog demons aren't all that great though, and they will be the only trophymobs you'll find in Act 3, since neither Fallen nor slingers spawn here. I've got Finger Mages as well, I hate their fleeing away over lava, but they can spawn in several map areas. Your act V spawn is way better then mine, IMHO. They spawn much more then siege beasts, that's for sure :P

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    Decided on playing a Paladin - not sure if it's going to be a Tesladin, a Frost-Zealot, a hybrid or a FoHDin - or something totally else:grin:

My rolls granted me a s***load of superuniques - I don't know if it's even possible to have more...Now I'm indecisive. On the one hand I'll get more (potentially useful) usable items, on the other hand, I'll have to use them...

What do you people think?

I - Fallen (Rakanishu)
    II - Sabre Cat (Blood Witch the Wild)
    III - Council Member (Ismail Vilehand, Geleb Flamefinger, Toorc Icefist, Bremm Sparkfist, Wyand Voidbringer, Maffer Dragonhand, Bartuc the Bloody)
    IV - Megademon (Infector of Souls, Ventar the Unholy)
    V - Reanimated Horde (Bonesaw Breaker, Pindleskin)
    Boss - Mephisto

IncGamers Member
    Well, you could have gotten zombies in act 1, with two superuniques, or Fallen Shaman (also 2)... :P But you pretty much have the superunique jackpot :P
    Basically, you have to balance out the potentially great drops from the council against the scarcity of the mobs and the high lvl of superuniques... I'd opt for a reroll, because with a bit of bad luck, you'd pretty much have to wait for superunique drops after Act 3, and you have an otherwise excellent roll, so a big chance you keep finding good, usable items that you have to sell...

IncGamers Member
    I originally was going to steer clear of this one, but have grown to love it. Very well done indeed Merlin.

Two questions...well, perhaps one question and one suggestion:

Replays? Do you just get one attempt, or one attempt per class, or as many attempts with whatever class?

Given that some quest rewards, book of skill, lam essen and golden bird are allowed (which I think is great, this will be tough enough as is), how about also allowing the Hellforge? That'll at least give you a chance to get a decent rune-word...but you'll still need all the stars to align for you.

I was thinking Frost Zealot or Tesladin myself (given that I've never played either and they're very versatile weapons-wise), but it seems they're too popular, so I'll pick a different class and make my rolls later today.

Butz. :dunce:

IncGamers Member
    scoring

As promised, the updated scoring rules.

The list
    Act I :
    Common : Zombie, Fallen, Skeleton, Spike fiend, Corrupted Rogue.
    Uncommon : Fallen Shaman, Corrupted Rogue Archer, Corrupted rogue spearwoman, Skeleton archer, wendigo, goatmen, blood hawk, tainted, wraith
    Rare : The rest, meaning : Vampires, Giant Spiders, Fetish, Skeleton mage.
    Almost non Existent - Not for this act.

Act II
    Common - Sabre Cat, Leaper, Mummy, Skeleton, Scarab Demon, Vulture Demon, Slinger
    Uncommon : Sand Maggot, Skeleton Archer, Skeleton MAge, Blunderbore, Bat Demon, Greater Mummy, Sand Raiders.
    Rare - Zombies, Vampires, Claw Vipers, Swarms, Wendigo, Goat men, Wraith, Blood Hawk, Baboon Demon.
    Almost non-existent - None.

Act III
    Common - Fetish, Zakarum Zealots, Thorned Hulks.
    Uncommon - Fetish Shaman, Bone Fetish, Baboon Demon, Zakarum Priests, Giant spider, Giant mosquito, Bat demon, Vampire, Vulture demon.
    Rare - Zombie, Mummy, Greater Mummy, Skeleton, Blunderbore, Corrupted Rogue, Corrupted rogue archer, Willowisps, Frog Demon, Leaper, Scarab Demon, Sand Maggot, Wendigo, Blood hawk, wraith
    Almost Non-existent - Sand Raiders, Council Members.

Act IV
    Common - Oblivion Knights.
    Uncommon - Regurigitators, MegaDemons, Fingermages, Vile mothers.
    Rare - Willowisps, Tainted, Bat demon, Sand maggot, Blunderbore.
    Almost non-Existent - None

Act V
    Common - Demon Imp, Baals Minion(includes Suicide minions), Death Maulers, Frozen Horrors, Reanimated Horde, Succubi.
    Uncommon - Blood lords, abominable, overseer, Putrid Defiler
    Rare - Stygian Fury, Catapult, Siege Beasts, Guest mobs.
    Almost non-existent : Minion of Destruction.

Now, to balance out points a bit (because Fallen will net only 1 point, whereas vampires will come to a cool 8 points, for example)
    Should NONE of your trophymobs spawn in an Act, you can use the drops from the act boss, and add 8 points to your score.
    If your mob only spawns in 1 act (council members and the last hero waves in Baals throne EXCLUDED) : +5
    If your mob spawned in 2 acts : +2
    Council-members : +2

Other scoring rules :
    Each character level -1
    Each waypoint +1
    Each quest +1
    Each Act completed +3
    Bonus for all quests, all waypoints : +1

PS. Can someone please make a table for me? I have no idea how... :shame:

Last edited by Merlin The Wizzard; 07-11-2007 at 22:29. Reason: Added question at end

to make a table do this-

[code] and then insert text and then [code]. Add a / infront of code for the last brackets ( i didn't add it because i would be making a table myself).

Hope it helps, if you still have trouble try replying to a persons post who has a table and it should show how it is done.

hope that helps.

BattleTag Grisu-2156
    What about this one?
    Although I filled in the table with my first roll, I still might consider a reroll with my character - but probably not. I'd mess it all up, I guess:rolleyes:

EDIT: Thanks to Wolron and Mursilis, from who I adapted the style as based on the Obsession tournament table

EDIT EDIT: For those new to table editing:
    - quote the newest table
    - remove the [ quote ] brackets on top and at the bottom
    - copy and paste the table to an editor (Winpad for example; any program, that writes each letter in the same width will do)
    - fill in/edit your data
    - copy and paste it back into your reply
    - voilą!

Code:
    ALIVE
    Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP      
      0   Shockfrosted    Paladin     Grisu               1     A1     Rogue Camp

DEAD/RETIRED
    Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP      
    Code:
    BOUNTY MOBS
    Character       Act I       Act II      Act III     Act IV      Act V       Boss	
    Shockfrosted 	Fallen      Sabre Cat   Council     Megademon   Reanimated  Mephisto

Last edited by Grisu; 07-11-2007 at 22:58.

IncGamers Member
    @Grisu - Thanks for the effort!
    @Morathi - Thanks for the explanation. Are you going to join? I hope so, the more the merrier I think :P

@Butzull - I went through that same 'falling in love' process when I started to work this out. :laugh: It's quite elaborate, but I think it has potential... Still, since I'm an itemhogger, its gonna be very hard to let all the goodies lie on the floor :wink3:
    Your questions :
    1) I don't see no reason why not, really. This is hard enough as it is. Restart as many times as you want, score restarts at zero, only highest score counts for winning purposes... obviously :P
    2) Hmm... ok, that's a good way to get socket fillers I suppose. Superunique socketfillers still have to be used first though. If you make a runeword with the Hellforge rune(or a cubed up version) in it, and no superunique rune, it can't replace a superunique weapon. The other quest limitations still hold.

@ Merlin. I am not sure yet, i will most likely join if my druid dies in the no vitality tournament.
    I dont like to have more than 1 character at a time, because i like to focus entierly on that 1 character and learn its playstyle and skills the best i can to hopefully make a guardian (havn't made one yet, infact the furthest i have gone in any HC chracter is Act 1 NM, which has happened twice but then i ditched both thoes characters for some reason).