I find the megademons easier to fight then the Finger mages, and I particularly dislike their penchant of flying away over lava while fleeing.
Finger mages will not flee if
- they are occupied in melee
- they are occupied with missile firing at half distance. (at long distance, they will fly towards you - useful if you need to lure them to a place where they can drop items)
The 'trick' is to avoid damaging them too much before either of the above is met and you think you can keep it that way during the fight.
@Huriel: It's not so much the fact that high end gear might be required, it may well be the case that she ends up using mauls and swords throughout the game, because she cant replace them with a spear or javelin.
@jiansonz : That might be tricky with a bonemagicking meleemancer :P First, let's see if I get there.
Another issue I just thought about :
If you encounter a gem shrine, you may only use it if you have a gem in your inventory that dropped from a legitimate mob.
Also, in order to be able to complete the quests, you have to be able to get and use those items that you pick up in the course of the game. So you may pick up quest items, and use them to complete quests/gain rewards. This includes the Book of Skill from Radament, and the Jade Statue from Act 3.
I'll try to cook up a more comprehensive list of rules, for easy access. (Leave the huge bountymob selection and scoring system out, just pure rules)
- HC only
- Single pass, no rerun.
- No MultiPlayer (duh)
- ATMA/GoMule may be used as an extended stash.
- Mercs are allowed
- Use any /players you like. However, no /players 8 just for chests.
- Pick out bountymobs as per rules listed on page 1. List these, the selected Act Boss and the superunique heroes in your character introduction post.
- You may kill all mobs. You MUST kill all trophymobs.
Equipment restrictions/item drops
- Items you can always pick up : health/mana/stamina/antidote/thawing potions, scrolls of town portal/identify, and gold. These are the only items to be taken from chestdrops.
- Quest items may also be picked up and used for the reward or continuing the game. However, wielding the Horadric staff or components, or Khalim's flail and Hellforge Hammer (apart from solving the respective quests) is not allowed. You can't use the ring from Akara, the ring from Ormus or the class specific rare from anya either.
- At the start of the game you may shop for equipment. However, such equipment MUST be replaced as soon as an applicable item drops from one of your bountymobs.
- Gambling is allowed to get rid of your money, but the items gambled cannot be equipped and used.
- The items dropped by your bountysuperuniques MUST be used, as per rules in first post.
- Items dropped by the selected Act Boss MAY be used, as per regular trophymob rules.
- If, in any act, you never encounter any of your trophymobs (Superuniques DO count!), you may use the item drop from that act's boss, as per previous rule.
- When you are in doubt what items have been dropped by your bountymobs, you cannot use any of them. Try to separate the mobs!
- Your mercenary is bound to the same item restriction rules as you are. You may use a superunique drop on your mercenary, if possible.
- You may put a superunique drop in the off-weapon slot, but should another weapon drop from the next superunique, you must replace your current weapon (but see mercenary, above).
- Poison/exploding shrine may not be used for item pick up. Gem shrine can ONLY be used if you hold a gem that dropped from a bountymob. Other shrines may always be used (Try to lure your trophymob near a monstershrine!)
- Keepers/graliers that drop in game may be muled off, but not used by this character.
- No summoned creatures that can do damage are allowed.
- This means the amazon may use decoy, and the druid may summon his life/mana regenerating vines, and the oak sage/Heart of Wolverine
- Skill restrictions:
- Barbarian : No Find Item, Find potion.
- Assassin : No Death Sentry, Lightning Sentry, Shadow MAster/Warrior.
- Amazon : No Lightning Fury, Valkyrie.
- Necromancer : no Summon tree skills
- Paladin : No Blessed Hammer
- Sorceress : No Hydra, Meteor, FO, Blizzard, Chain Lightning.
- Druid : No ravens, wolves, grizzly, poison creeper, spirit of barbs or tornado
Last edited by Merlin The Wizzard; 07-11-2007 at 17:20.
I have a quick question. As far as superunique bounty mobs go, do you have to equip the most recent drop? For example, I have Bishibosh and the Witch Doctor. If Bish drops gloves, I have to wear them (obviously). Now if the Witch doctor also drops gloves, do I have to wear them over the ones Bish dropped or do I get to choose which to wear?
You forgot Colenzo the Annihilator (Act 5, one of baals minions)
If you are happy with them, by all means, go for it!
But there are relatively few fallen shaman in the game, as well as few Fetish shaman. If I had that set, I'd probably reroll... But I dont like Abominables, so hey :P