Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akukami View Post
    Ooo, I want that last Assorted Ring. :grin:

- Akukami
    The last two are a very old set from a Zealot I played around with.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodijackyl View Post
    Oh Snap!

As for my min rings, here's a few legits:
    BvB Rings
    9min 116ar 11str 15dex 5lr (1.10b NL)
    9min 89ar 11str 15dex 19lr (1.11 LS3)
    BvA Rings (from Ladder Season 3)
    8min 107ar 4ll 13dex 28cr 12lr
    9min 40ar 11str 5dex 39cr
    Assorted Rings (I don't even use these)
    9min 117ar 5ll 11dex 19lr
    9min 101ar 26life 17mana
    7min 14dex 39life 21fr
    7min 107ar 15str 12fr
    I still believe his ring is nearly optimal, with 9min, dual str/dex and CR/LR
    which actually are the resists to stack.
    Perhaps your rings have more dex/strenght = like 20-30 more life, but Id rather have 25+ LR/CR... than 20 more life

Btw. "standard" rings from my realm for many people (I dont know if these matters can be talked on this board - if not please delete):
    ring A - 141 ar, 2-7 light damage (lol), 5% life stolen, 12dex, 43CR, 15LR, 15FR, 15PR

ring B - 3min, 118ar, 6% life leech, 15cr, 63 lr (that's not even funny), 15fr, 15pr, 1light radius

Fohers have a pretty hard time, 126 light res only from the rings..
    I dont have a screenshot of the 140LR ring.. I hate the dupes so much, legit items cant compete with them at all...

I dont even want to touch the subject of weapons, 185 bh anyone?

I was thinking the point of the rings was AR, not the little extra stats.

Quote Originally Posted by fledgeling View Post
    Perhaps your rings have more dex/strenght = like 20-30 more life, but Id rather have 25+ LR/CR... than 20 more life

Btw. "standard" rings from my realm for many people (I dont know if these matters can be talked on this board - if not please delete):
    ring A - 141 ar, 2-7 light damage (lol), 5% life stolen, 12dex, 43CR, 15LR, 15FR, 15PR

ring B - 3min, 118ar, 6% life leech, 15cr, 63 lr (that's not even funny), 15fr, 15pr, 1light radius

I dont have a screenshot of the 140LR ring.. I hate the dupes so much, legit items cant compete with them at all...

I don't care about duped rings, I have legit rings that are better than dupes, and 3min on a ring is worthless.
    Neither of those rings beats mine, the stats on the one with 15/29 resists are low as is the AR (making it weak for anything other than a bowazon, already a nearly useless build), and the other lacks AR, again making it useless for any practical build, and only has a single high resist. The lack of AR also hurts a bowazon for any attack other than Guided Arrow, making them even more impractical.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fledgeling View Post

First off, you need AR to actually HIT the target. (I've made only one Bowazon, and I even knew this because it's common knowledge.) Secondly, dupes are worth squat and are good as collector's items. Why? Simply because there are multiples of them: the more there are, the less they're worth.

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    I thought we are discussing amazon rings here. According to my knowledge, while dueling, amazons use mostly guided arrow - and they should get enough AR to hit without special AR rings (they manage to hit my barb with 10k defense). For some time I even thought that guided arrow "always hits" unless blocked/dodged and requires no AR at all.

I have seen like 2-3 strafe bowazons and 1 amazon using cold arrows.
    Maybe the additional 80 AR would help them, but Im not that sure actually, because as far as I remember the "AR boost" from some amazon skills is bugged and not added at all (no idea which skills, read it somewhere on the forums).

I wonder what would be the additional bonuses of the 80 AR when combined with the skills of the amazon. Level 20 penetrate (just for test) adds 225%, so 3,25 x 80 = 260. Is that much? Im not sure...
    Id rather see numbers than just opinions.

IncGamers Member
    guided always hits but u can block it. also chilling armour can block it but thats more research needed

no ar is needed for guided. i say go for 100% pierce with fire or frozen arrows thats the only way you can work

-Fred

IncGamers Member
    The rings are my pvp ama rings -> would not use them on BVB either cause no ar. Since guided allways hits the extra ar is pretty useless.
    All my multi needs to hit is bonewalls to escape them (sometimes even succesfully). The rare duels with ZvsZ my multi has more than enough ar to hit twich zons...

Just because pvp bowzons are not what they used to be does not mean that its not fun to duel with them. Its like saying Hammerdins and Blizzers are the most efficient characters in this patch and draw the conclusion that everyone should play only them cause other chars are a waste of time. Well the hole point of the game is to waste the said time and have fun?

As for Zodi's rings go they are nice and i'd love to have them, but for my pvp ZON i might as well use mine cause for that they are just as good or near atleast. If i miss something other than the lack of ar plz educate me. I'm eager to learn...

Best Regards,

Lorg

Any decent PvP bowazon will use Multiple Shot in addition to Guided Arrow, the only thing that pure GA zons are good for is max dex + breakpoint hacks sitting on a TP, and even then MS is still very useful.

IncGamers Member
    Hmm... not a pure GA zon. Just using multi to hit low def targets and harass off screen to lure people away from town entrance.
    Atleast my rings beat the rings your friend used (or are on bar) on his godly pvp zon (pictures supplied in the beginning of the thread), which according to some earlier post was very efficient vs all but sorcs (no res on gear) and necs (boneprizon) + chargers. NO offence towards zaxien is intended. I allways like people who play builds that are not über. Pvp bowzons do work to an extent. They are not godly (like in earlier patches with the piercing bug), but they are fun.

Anyway, only one of his rings sported ar and that was pretty huge bonus (47ar). I bet his multi hits targets and mine does not? Or maybe he was not a deacent pvp bowzon (freguently used multi combined with ga) cause he had no ar? Or maybe he was sitting on TP using brakepoint hacks like you implied as a another good use for GA zons? Or maybe the rings that were posted in that picture were not the ones he actually used? Or... could it be that it worked good enough without rings plenty of ar, cause he used mostly GA?