Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Whats good bow dmg/mods?

Give a good example of a gg bow.

Obviously IAS but whats good dmg and other mods.

1xx dmg goth bow i believe

also i think it depends on where you are at. i think eur has highest max dmg for things currently, then east.

this is only my current observation, as im trying to obtain a high dmg naga or bham on west and they are all about 10-20 dmg weaker than on other realms.

IncGamers Member
    Nice gothics start from 140 dmg onwards. With 20 ias on them. Other mods are not necessary, but obviously fire dmg, resistances and + skills are a bonus and -req. Knockback is gg mod 4 a bow, since its needed 4 pvp and if you have it on a bow it allowes you to use much nicer helm than Holw tusk.

Runebows need 20 ias, 100+ dmg on them and Doublebows 20 ias and 8x dmg to be nice enough to make an nm dueler bowzon. -req not so good, since you will usually need str to wear howl tusk and need to pump str to 63 anyway (rune needs 73 str so some help to it). Razor bows are nice but low str req not helping much -> need sigs gloves anyway.

Lower dmg bows work too, but when im trading a bow i look for those kinds of stats. These are on ladder. On non-ladder there are plenty of better bows on market.

IncGamers Member
    Here's one I managed to dig up from zaxien's posts:

Blood Bolt

The Bow is in the middle along with some other Bowazon gear. I love the name!

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    hey I remember that bow!

80+damage 20ias fire damage double bow > that though =(

I remember that bow too, and the amulet. Found the amulet and got the bow in a trade.

Gothic bows without IAS work, any other bow without IAS will not work. 0IAS Rune Bow = 20IAS Gothic Bow, and the only advantage of a Rune Bow is the speed. 20IAS 100+dmg is good for a Rune Bow, 20IAS 140+ is good for a Gothic Bow. Bowazons are hardly worth playing on classic anymore, especially for PvP.

IncGamers Member
    Pvp bowzon is fun in nm... (Until you are prizoned by bonemancers). Just wondering about Gothics without ias working thought. To reach 10 frames one would have to equip sigs gloves boots or helm, wrap and twich. Just like when taking advantage of 8 frames with double/razor. Both suffer from the fact that you cant use deaths belt when striving for these frames. Therefore you are bound to be drinking thaws quite a lot, which is annoying. Main targets for my bowa in nm duels are sorcs... 8 frames is fast enough to make sorcs reel (most sorcs in nm). Maybe 10 frames with high dmg gothic puts sorcs out faster, since most 60 lv sorcs dont have much life?

Just thinking, that would it be better for me to change my 101 dmg 20 ias rune (fire and poison dmg mods, clean) to a 156 dmg -30 req no ias gothic which i would have to sock to get fire dmg on it?

Still looking for that 8x dmg 20 ias double.... Offer sojs !

-Lorg

Newb question I'm guessing, but why do bows have to have fire damage?

IncGamers Member
    Stuns.

IIRC

Depends on what you are, lvl etc.
    Here is a Good Game bow I still have from a long ago a classic conversion on west (added a socket and name when converted) that I put on every new bow user I start at level 29
    http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3...shot016un0.jpg
    They always seem to have the stats to use it even at that level and Ranger Pal etc. ;-)

Last edited by BobCox; 09-11-2007 at 10:03.