Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

fend bug and best way to deal with it that is possible

yep that sound like the same problem fend is still having.

the current bug with fend is: if your first strike hits, all your strikes to adjacent monsters hit. if u miss that first strike....u miss all the adjacent monster strikes until your done with your first fend attack than u try all over again. if u miss your 1st strike a second time...and a 3 third time..... u get the longest whif-lock in the entire diablo 2 game. than to make matters even worse the 3 dodge skills interupt your fend.....

1. if u use the 3 dodge skills with fend u especially MUST have a high FHR
    2. u MUST have 95% chance to hit. u don't wanna miss that first strike or have it interupted and subsequently miss the rest of the strikes on the adjacent huge mob surrounding u.
    3. u MUST have high IAS and FHR.

IncGamers Member

Re: fend bug and best way to deal with it that is possible

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    yep that sound like the same problem fend is still having.

the current bug with fend is: if your first strike hits, all your strikes to adjacent monsters hit. if u miss that first strike....u miss all the adjacent monster strikes until your done with your first fend attack than u try all over again. if u miss your 1st strike a second time...and a 3 third time..... u get the longest whif-lock in the entire diablo 2 game. than to make matters even worse the 3 dodge skills interupt your fend.....

1. if u use the 3 dodge skills with fend u especially MUST have a high FHR
    2. u MUST have 95% chance to hit. u don't wanna miss that first strike or have it interupted and subsequently miss the rest of the strikes on the adjacent huge mob surrounding u.
    3. u MUST have high IAS and FHR.
    is it possible to make a godly spear/lance - zon? is there a cookie cutter mold / set up??? or are they hell act 1 and done?

btw my angel pally is nightmare act 4 and done.

IncGamers Member

Re: Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

Quote Originally Posted by crucialTK View Post
    hey i saw you on and added you but noticed you were playing LOD... is this true!?!?!?!? that is blasphemy :grin:
    If you didnt know, I play classic.
    na, i dont play xpac. ive had my stints there but never really played xpac for a few years it seems. i just have xpac installed so i can use the better resolution or whatever, u know the bigger screen. used to help out a grip when i was sora in hc . i know people that wont even play hardcore without that view. it helps.[i do actually have a mid 70's hc xpac popper/ww barb atm. i converted him from hccl, some cheap mf barb that i never have used yet to mf in xpac, just was bored one day, before i started sccl]. hope that satisfies the lynch mob. yes, i saw and added you to flist. ill be around.

IncGamers Member

my sorc is lvl 32 and i always run out of mana. I dont have great gear but id still like to do more than 3 orbs before running out of mana..... do you think doing mana shield and pumping points into mana is viable? Is mana shield even worth it? btw, I was at UC Berkeley a few weeks ago for a buddy's graduation and one of the graduates had a golden sphere on top of her grad hat and some guy next to her had the "metal glove pointer" on top of his grad hat

IncGamers Member

thats pretty cool, the icons on the caps, i bet a few people started thinking about some cs runs or mfing their first soj.... smiling and zoning out the whole time, back at their comp playing d2 until their wife/gf nudges them in the arm pulling them right back into reality... bummer too, i just had found an id scroll for my un-id uniq ring....
    i wouldnt recommend energy shield/ telekenesis. although u may like it, search it up a bit.
    u may choose to remake or use it. i dont tho.

IncGamers Member

thats what i thought..... i feel like if i dont have frost or sojs.. my mana count will suck.. maybe i should ditch iratha complete set and use frost and lenymo? Or should I man up and use iratha complete set.

IncGamers Member

just go with ray's build from page one, irath 3pd etc. hard to go wrong with, works well, in any situation really. not as elite as all rares but for starters, the gear setup is a good staple.

IncGamers Member

What should I do for fhr in this build? The usual setup of bloodfist + bladebuckle isnt available, so im left high and dry. also, what are the casting breakpoints you need to reach?

Diablo Classic Moderator

The casting breakpoints where listed just yesterday in another thread I think, read trough other threads to find that.

fhr, good question, I have 48 on my orber, but since she's pvm, it really doesn't matter much. She doesn't need to be twinked on every part of her gear. I think if you can get 30 you're pretty safe. And if you use twitch, you'll already have 20 right there. So add some fhr boots if you feel you are stuck in recovery too long after being hit.

Classic, where a runeword is a weapon missing the s in the middle.

IncGamers Member

Hmmm. Maybe not worth to post this, but now that ladder reset is (hopefully) just around the corner this might be relevant.

When starting fresh many shun the Orber, since Blizzer is much easier to level the tedious low levels, since you can pump ice blast and therefore level quite fast.

Still, i like orbers better and my typical start setup is Orber, hammerdin + popper barb (i drag hammerdin and barb with the soso, so they get rushed aswell)
    Orbers do deacently if you pay attention what staff the vendors sell. When starting ladder or new soso without chant the first staff i recommend to buy is +3 or +2 to charged bolt. This cleans nicely the low hp monsters. Speeds up the leveling process. Next andvance to +2 staff to ice blast ( and extras if u got the money) all the way to +2to3 blizzard at corresponding levels. lv 3 blizzard is good enough to kill cows on your own etc. After lv 30 just press on the ice mastery and orb. Not much slower than leveling pure blizzer, if u find good enough staffs fast

After lv 30 orber is faster to level than blizzer imo -> My first soso ends up mfing andy and memph until deacent gear has been found for barb and hammerdin. With the gear assembled level barb to 60 then hammerdin to 90+
    At this point the sorc is reduced to cs teleport slave and the barb really works as bo slave. When hammerdin is 91-92 i usually switch to barb and turn him into a gf barb to get the money for gambling.

These chars could naturally be done in any order for example barb is also pretty ez. Just grap scepter bash away until u can shop warhammers and uppgrade along the way. Cant even miss stat allocation, since most use atleast 170 as base str. Still sorc is better since you get teleport to hunt for khalims parts, when you dont have wp's etc

Hmm maybe wrong thread and not needed anyway. Still i'm at work and bored