Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

This build is really beginner-friendly, and it is one of the most effective and cheapest Frozen Orb Rush Sorc Builds in Classic Diablo II.

Gear
    Helm: Iratha's Coil
    Weapon: Spectral Shard
    Shield: 3-Socket PDiamond Large Shield
    Armor: Twitchthroe
    Gloves: Iratha's Cuff
    Boots: FHR 3x FR/LR/PR* or 2x FR/LR/PR* Boots OR Hotspur
    Belt: Iratha's Cord
    Left Ring: FCR 2x FR/LR/PR*
    Right Ring: FCR 2x FR/LR/PR*
    Amulet: Iratha's Collar

* Combination of any 2 or 3 Resists

Stats
    45 Base Str, Base Dex, Base Energy, Rest Vita

Skills (Level 80)
    20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery
    20 Icebolt
    20 Teleport
    1 Static Field
    3 Warmth
    1 Frost Nova
    1 Ice Blast
    1 Glacial Spike
    1 Blizzard
    1 Telekinesis

With this build, you won't have to Mana potting constantly because of Maxed Teleport. For those of you who don't already know, adding points to Teleport reduces the amount of Mana required for each Tele. (Maxed Tele = 5 Mana per Tele, and 24 Tele from added skills = 1 Mana per Tele.) Adding a point to Warmth is optional for Mana regeneration, but I recommend putting one into it so you'll be able to Tele indefinitely.

Leveling

If you don't have someone to Chant you, please refer to Orphan's Guide to find the best places to level.

Get the Sorc to Level 20, and hit up Normal Cow games to Level 25-30. Once you acquire Frozen Orb, you can try Norm CSing to gain a few levels, or you can NM Cow with a group to Level 40-45. After this, play with a group through Hell, and get to CS; the rest of your leveling is done here.

Rushing Issues

It is a proven fact that there is no one Sorc that can effectively take on the entire game by itself, and you will need help when rushing, especially when it comes to Hell Act 2 and 3. So what about adding a second kill spell, you ask? You could do that, but from personal experience, it doesn't make the rushing any easier. If you are rushing someone, make sure you have access to another high-level character that can effectively kill Cold Immunes in Claw Viper Temple Level 2, Arcane Sanctuary, and Travincial - preferably, a PvM Barb.

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    Quick question on this build.

I don't have any +skills. How many points should I invest in wramth to get indefinite teleporting? Thanks

IncGamers Member
    20 in warmth would probably do the trick. that would finish in the 90's i believe.

Just use aku's build and carry some mana pots, you only have to pop a super mana like once every 10-20 teleports.

This sorc also has mad resists, I started teling for hell cs at level 25.

This build kicks major ***, and its cheap... go for it!

Diablo Classic Moderator
    You will have to wait until level 80 to really judge how many points you want in Warmth beyond the 3 Akukami suggests. Personally, I think that 3 will be all you'll need, since at level 80 your mana pool will be big enough. And like Yohed wrote, just bring some mana potions. You might need those mana potions for possible manaburners anyway.

Classic, where a runeword is a weapon missing the s in the middle.

IncGamers Member
    the same gear suggestion as my itharas blizzard sorc guide

-Fred

IncGamers Member
    Come to think of it, I'll just type out my version instead writing on yours

IncGamers Member
    I just thought of this: Treads of Cthon is also not a bad beginning pair of Boots for this Sorc.

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    This build is pretty much your mephisto sorc glitcher, which works very well. They are a good use for your glitcher when you accidently get mephisto quest. But I wouldn't use an active glitcher to do this as the only monster i get exp from is mephisto. However, if i'm going to rush, I prefer to mf through NM than switch to serious PVM gear for hell with my sorc and than switch to hammerdin to finish from Duriel on. BTW, I tried the glitcher with LOD, not as effective and the lvling is, lol, too quick. Good job.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezvpn View Post
    This build is pretty much your mephisto sorc glitcher, which works very well. They are a good use for your glitcher when you accidently get mephisto quest. But I wouldn't use an active glitcher to do this as the only monster i get exp from is mephisto. However, if i'm going to rush, I prefer to mf through NM than switch to serious PVM gear for hell with my sorc and than switch to hammerdin to finish from Duriel on. BTW, I tried the glitcher with LOD, not as effective and the lvling is, lol, too quick. Good job.
    if you are mephy glitching in a relatively slow series of cs runs, you can go for mephy first, then moat trick mephy's council for a bit more xp as well. I had a glitcher to 87 on the last ladder, and I feel your pain about leveling much higher than that

IncGamers Member

Re: Quick Build: PvM Frozen Orb Rush Sorc

I just made this sorc, and it's really nice. 82/85/82/85 resists in hell with crappy boots and rings (10 FCR but not much else). Everybody likes to think that Iratha set = noob, but then I ask them how much resists they have, and then tell them how much I have :laugh:. Thanks for this guide, really nice!