Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: M'avina Strafazon

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron8 View Post
    and while you're plugging away with your low bow damage at the monsters you think they won't have a better chance of surrounding you or getting a lucky shot and killing you ? don't you think it's better to shoot them down fast so they don't get the chance ?
    It's not low damage in a one-player game--it'll put the baddies down. In an eight-player, yes, there'll be little killing power. But that's why it's nice to have the other players. Every bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by schnelltot View Post
    Mav gives +7 to the skill trees used for a bow build.
    It will boost your passiveskills yes, but +skills is the last thing you should be conserned about for physical damage bowazon.

Mav helm does 50% AR boost, independent of points spent in Penetrate, which combined with +7 skills will provide a good boost. After wearing one or two Ravenfrosts, and the 150 from the set anyway, AR comparison is a moot point.
    One or two ravenfrosts can you have with my build also. But you dont need 27 points in penetrate to be able to kill.

Mav set grants 100mf.
    If its MF you want for your bowie, use Skullders. I only put it up, since you had it. And you can have 100mf from my setup also.

So after Fade triggers, you have 110 fire resist, 90 cold, and 60 to lightning and poison. Mav gives 100 across the board--you have slightly better fire resist, but having that lightning higher up really helps, too.
    I dont really care about resists. Normally I just have about 10-20 allres in hell-mode. You are a ranged attacker, you arent supposed to get hit alot.

Mav has same FHR, and +45 Dex.
    Same FHR, but that doesnt really matters for a bowa. Yeay, a whopping 5dex more!

Mav gives 70 IAS. A Shael or jewel of fervor will improve it.
    Same goes for shaeling or fervoring the Eaglehorn.

OK, you win on those. Increased killing power over the Mav set, on a purely physical damage basis.
    For a physical bowa the two most important things are speed and damage.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by KremBanan View Post

For a physical bowa the ONLY important things are speed and damage.
    fixed

10 chars

IncGamers Member

Nonsense. Especially early in the ladder season, almost all of those items are expensive and require good runes, forget pgems. You won't get any torch for less than an Um.

You guys keep trying to knock down the set, but I don't think it's so crap as you think. ^ ^
    huh ? how "early" are we talking about here ? it's two months later and all the items are easy to get for pgems, even a month ago it was still possible except for the torch

so you're telling me early in the ladder season you can find a Set with THREE elite items in it (requiring you to go into hell with lots of mf gear) but you can't find/trade for several uniques/sets that can be found in nightmare ?

i'd like to see you find people selling mav's bow/armor/helm for pgems early in the season

IncGamers Member

Damage of bows.

M'avina bow:
    - 40 to 207 (123.5 avg)
    - 114 to 377 (245 avg) magic
    - 137 to 270 (203,5 avg) cold

Eaglehorn:
    - 45 To (190-313) (117.5-179 Avg)

WWS:
    - (32-35) To (75-81) (53.5-58 Avg)

Lycanders:
    - (72-82) To (152-173) (112-127.5 Avg)

IncGamers Member

if you want a comparison

mavina's,base +10 with 40 IAS
    WWS, base 0 with 40 IAS (2 shael)

upgraded WWS ~ 85-105 damage, automatically doubled for every shot due to near 100% DS + CS (yes i know they don't add exactly), narrower damage range for more consistent dps

and once again that magic/cold damage won't do anything worthwhile in hell because it is not boosted by skills, dex, charms or merc aura

IncGamers Member

Well I got around 3200 dmg on a fort with stock buriza vs only 1600ish with full mav set.. that 2 times the dmg right there. With some auras n warcries from teamate/merc the fort/buriza can go to 6000 dmg range

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ntsan View Post
    Well I got around 3200 dmg on a fort with stock buriza vs only 1600ish with full mav set.. that 2 times the dmg right there. With some auras n warcries from teamate/merc the fort/buriza can go to 6000 dmg range
    If you're going to start comparing it to dupewords what's the point?

Sorry but rainsnow's comparison really puts things into perspective.

And 400 avg elemental damage per shot will do something in hell difficulty.

Yeah, the 90 avg damage from wws will get doubled nearly 100% of the time, but the 120 avg physical damage from mav's will get doubled probably 70% of the time still, more with gores...

Just to do the math for you, 2x 90 = 180, 1.7x 120 = 200. on purely physical grounds Mav's set is still superior to wws.

Course I should have figured there's no point in arguing once I heard the "Resists and FHR don't matter" stuff.

You can't compare numbers. You need to consider the frame difference, the pierce difference, the ctc amp difference. The average resistance of the monsters, the difference in cth, the difference in critical and deadly and the possibilities to use other attacks besides multishot and strafe - wws has many spare points in a classical bowazon build.
    The only thing you can do is try the builds to see how they fit you.

P.S. 400 elemental damage isn't good as PI solution. Just try it out and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by 5zigen View Post
    Course I should have figured there's no point in arguing once I heard the "Resists and FHR don't matter" stuff.
    Ok. Enlight me on why resists and FHR should be a major concern when making a bowama.