Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: M'avina Strafazon

Very safe, can solo hell easily without worries. With more players quite slow, but all in all a great cheap character which is hell viable.

IncGamers Member

I've been using a build very similar to this, but I can't get the damn helm to drop, and I have all the other pieces. WITH the helm its pretty solid I think, but without its meh. I don't have the ammy either and I hear its pretty absurd when amp procs, and I need a BK ring but good luck to me getting THAT. Right now I'm using tal's head for the resists and leeches and 2x raven frosts, rest is to spec with a shael in my bow.

I didn't even think of using Demon Limb until I read it here. Tried it and my AR jumped to 10k. Freaking outstanding Pouring out 1.8k strafes is pretty nuts.

Skill-wise, I have maxed Guided Arrow too, for when I absolutely costively have to hit something. I wish I thought about the demon limb enchant before because it makes GA less important.

Point of my rambling post: What does everyone do against PI mobs, or does the Atma proc take care of them?

IncGamers Member

without the helm you are lacking some +skills, IAS, and the good resists on the full set bonus.

For PI's you strafe (with this particular spec anyway) You've magic and cold damage from the set and you can enchant yourself, and also atma's should clear the immunity most of the time--your only major issue being a stone skin PI boss.

make sure you have some poison charms to stop monster regen.

IncGamers Member

A shael is recommended for the bow--what about a nef, solely for the knocback effect?

How crucial is a 9 frame attack compared with knocking the enemies away from you?

With none of M'avina items granting knockback, and with it not being available on any rings or boots that I can think of, I really don't see an alternative to achieve it.

IncGamers Member

I was thinking about this, even though I'm 90% sure I wont be able to get the full mav set anytime soon.

Anyhow, I was thinking of Ptopaz in the armor and hat, and wartravs boots and nef or 40% ed jewel. Clearly for a MF strafer.

I am not so interested in getting to 9/2 strafe, as the whole nextdelay thing takes away a lot of the incentive for a 2 frame strafe.

Anyhow I dont know the purpose of this.

IncGamers Member

there is no point in using mav's set without synergized FA

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron8 View Post
    there is no point in using mav's set without synergized FA
    Sure there is. the only 2 things you arent taking advantage of is the 20% cold skill damage and the 8 second freeze length bonus.

It has wonderful stats for Strafe, The fact is it adds a crapton of ice and magic damage and has decent physical damage.

Particularly in a hardcore setting when survivability is at a premium, it's beyond nice to have an incredibly powerful valk and incredibly tough decoy, and with no razortail high level pierce is pretty important.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think it's premature to say there's "no point" to the set when ditching the cold bonus.

That said, it's certainly true that the most efficient use of a set would involve creating a build that utilizes all of the bonuses from it.

I agree with Omikron8. There is no point in making a Mavina Ama without FA/CA.

If you are gonna make a pure physical bowa, even a Eaglehorn for bow would be a better choice imo.

IncGamers Member

Oh! Stop bullying people with your 7K message damage.
    -Whoops>.<
    There's no point making Bow Ama without Faith bow.
    There's no point playing D2 PvM without making Hammerdin.
    -Whoops<.>
    Just everybody and there grangranma have made an FA Mavina. There's no point making only the you-should-do-this builds. Try some nobody-would've-ever-considered-to-do builds, share them.

Chipper jewelry:
    -Angelic amulet + ring + ring.
    -Angelic amulet + ring, Ravenfrost.
    With these combos Demon Limb isn't needed.
    The switch weapon options:
    -CtA + Lidless wall.
    -M'avina Bow with different socketing.

Gore rider is your only source of CB and OW, don't ditch it.

Socketing options:
    -Shael in bow to get 90IAS and make 9/3 Strafe. Without Shael the set has 70IAS and 10/3 strafe.
    -Nef in bow to get knockback.
    -PTopaz in helm and armor to up MF.
    -Ber in bow to get CB ))