Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lower Kurast: Campfire Runs or Full Clears?

Someone made a statement in another thread to the effect that running LK was quicker than running the Countess and more productive.

I'm curious to know what you 1000+ LK runners do. Full clears and popping every prop or just dashing through the campfires for the super chests?

What players setting are you using?

I've been running my 404 percent MF BlizzSorc through LK on players 8. Everything I encounter dies pretty much instantly and I don't have to stop for the "/players 8" gorgonzola command to pop the chests plus a bit of XP never hurt.

My luck in LK thus far hasn't been all that great. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Use a lower players setting?

Talk to me.

I usually do only campfires now, since I have a quick map, but I havn't found anything this way.

However, I used to do skeletons and stuff and found a Gul that way.

I believe Jaed has found 2 Vexs by doing all the chests, but I am not sure.

IncGamers Member
    I do chests only for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm slow. It takes me ages to find stuff and click it.
    2) Most important, I can watch TV or something and barely pay attention with just chests I could probably do it blind I've done it so many times.

Doing full clears might be better since you can get the runes the chests can't drop (Gul/Ohm/Lo), but it's so much more effort, for me at least.

Oh, don't lower the players setting if you want Bers, they only drop on p8 I believe.

Remember you're looking at ~11k runs (65k chests specifically) on average per Ber, don't expect them to rain down :P

If Sur/Ber isn't particularly in your interest you should go with alot of random objects. Full clears suck because memorizing the entire map is difficult. Stick with /players7 or /players8. Don't spend time on monsters unless they block your path or you really want to

Banned
    If you are lucky, then LK may yield a ber or sur to you.

If you like cubing runes from el to whatever rune you desire for, you can try countess.

Both run can turn out nasty if you encounter a pack of tough boss like monster with conviction aura and lightning enchanted.

BattleTag Joosh-6939
    Hmmm I've been running LK pretty hard for a while now and am probably nearing 4,000 runs on the total.

I've gone through different phases but to be honest I find the most efficient way (the way I run now) to be hitting the superchests and anything that doesn't take you off your path or make you wait.

My runs are at 25-30 seconds and I hit the 6 superchests and generally between 5-8 'poppables'. So far I've pulled a Ber and a few Pul and lower runes from the superchests and 2 Vex runes from poppables (one from a corpse and one from a log).

That's just my two cents.

Joosh

EDIT:

Here are some images.

Vex Rune 1
    Vex Rune 2

and

Ber Rune

Sorry, I meant Joosh, not Jaed.

My bad.

Perhaps it just my map.

It only has one campfire so I'm popping only half the super chests I'd get with two.

OTOH, I'm not real excited about rolling a new one because I'd lose a wonderful Ancient Tunnels map: Just a couple of teleports to the sparkly chest and the rest of map is circular meaning you can do a full clear without covering any already cleared areas.

BattleTag Joosh-6939
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakeman View Post
    Sorry, I meant Joosh, not Jaed.

My bad.
    Pay with your life!!!

or pancakes :grin:, both work for me :laugh:.

/OT

EDIT:

@o1d_dude

Since I rolled my LK map I've not been willing to reroll it once... I have (what I think is) the best LK map I've ever seen and therefore will probably not reroll it until I find that second Ber rune I crave so much. If you would like I can post the map here so you can see it too?

Let me know

Joosh

Sure, post it so we can all see it.

Thanks!