Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The i-phone

Banned
    You guys all ***** at me for being an Apple fanboy, but this thread seems to be a big circle-jerk for the haters. It must be ok though because Apple is popular now and hating popular things makes you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonesy View Post
    So would it be ok for a company to suddenly raise the price of a certain good when a black person wants to buy it, and then magically have a price drop when a white person wants to buy it?
    Where did that come from?

Quote Originally Posted by {KOW}Spazed View Post
    You guys all ***** at me for being an Apple fanboy, but this thread seems to be a big circle-jerk for the haters. It must be ok though because Apple is popular now and hating popular things makes you cool.
    ?? This thread also *****es people for being Apple fanboys and buying the iPhone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeMyCrabs View Post
    ?? This thread also *****es people for being Apple fanboys and buying the iPhone.
    I didn't say you guys were railing on me in this thread, just pointing out the double standard. It seems that the OTF has joined the "Hating things people like is awesome" crowd the rest of the internet is subscribed to these days.

Seriously, the people on this forum are worse about this kind of thing than 4chan.

I didn't say you guys were railing on me in this thread, just pointing out the double standard. It seems that the OTF has joined the "Hating things people like is awesome" crowd the rest of the internet is subscribed to these days.

Seriously, the people on this forum are worse about this kind of thing than 4chan.
    Maybe (at least for me), hating the big boys is a result of the big-boys releasing flawed and/or overpriced gadgets while smaller companies are making better and more affordable gadgets that do the same thing.

I bellive we already established that there is nothing cool about apple.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeMyCrabs View Post
    Maybe (at least for me), hating the big boys is a result of the big-boys releasing flawed and/or overpriced gadgets while smaller companies are making better and more affordable gadgets that do the same thing.
    Which is the same reason I've been called a stupid Mac Fanboy, why is this any different?

So far in this thread the only constructive critism has been "Give it 3G". Everything else has just been "Overpriced and OMG Apple is teh ghey, The iPhone is not a revolutionary device"

So the answers to those would be, "Price just dropped and the million buyers so far say it isn't overpriced, just out of your price range; Not really an arguement here, just randomness; Apple is the first company to make a smartphone-like device with such wide appeal, they made a sleek gadget that provides functions directed at the home instead of business user. "

I guess I am saying I want people to back up their problems with a product. I've tried for a long time to justify my stance on the technologies I use, crying about something without any fix/evidence to back it up is worthless.

I'd also like to know how many of you are actually in the market for such a device, what you currently use, and what devices you have looked at as an alternative. I'd also be interested in knowing how many of you were even interested in the market before the iPhone, Crackberries have been around for years and there wasn't much hubbub about them outside the business world. Take Johnny and Dondrei, Johnny has mentioned before that he thinks anything over a small flash based MP3 player is overkill as you can only listen to a few songs and day and they are much cheaper than the iPod; however, we know that many people find having their whole library useful to them as they like to jump around or may not be able to sync very often. Donny still uses Windows 98 so he can play old games, he says there is no need to have anything more complex, does that mean that 98 is the most productive/best choice for everyone?

Of course not every product will work for everyone, but when you have a product that most people actually want why would you change it?

Which is the same reason I've been called a stupid Mac Fanboy, why is this any different?
    Linux (Ubuntu) > Mac > Windows. The reason that I put Linux before Mac is because it's free while Mac isn't. I still consider Mac a better system than winblows.

So far in this thread the only constructive critism has been "Give it 3G". Everything else has just been "Overpriced and OMG Apple is teh ghey, The iPhone is not a revolutionary device"
    It isn't a revolutionary device. Read maddox's article.

So the answers to those would be, "Price just dropped and the million buyers so far say it isn't overpriced, just out of your price range; Not really an arguement here, just randomness; Apple is the first company to make a smartphone-like device with such wide appeal, they made a sleek gadget that provides functions directed at the home instead of business user. "
    The Verizon Envy has all the same features (plus GPS navigation!!) and with a contract, the phone costs < $100.

I guess I am saying I want people to back up their problems with a product. I've tried for a long time to justify my stance on the technologies I use, crying about something without any fix/evidence to back it up is worthless.
    Verizon Envy.

I'd also like to know how many of you are actually in the market for such a device, what you currently use, and what devices you have looked at as an alternative. I'd also be interested in knowing how many of you were even interested in the market before the iPhone, Crackberries have been around for years and there wasn't much hubbub about them outside the business world.
    Never cared for any of them. I have the simplest cell possible (the one that comes free with the contract). It doesn't even have a camera and it can't receive picture messages. This is because when I get a phone, all I want is a phone.

I found out about the Verizon Envy when my gf got it (for $50, company discount). It had all the features of iPhone and more.

So the answers to those would be, "Price just dropped and the million buyers so far say it isn't overpriced
    and the 5.999.000.000 people who didnt buy it say that it is overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Amra View Post
    Where did that come from?
    Saro saying that if people are willing to pay the price, then they aren't being ripped off, even if the company decides to change the price.

I'm surprised it got quoted so much, actually.