Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Best one handed Weapon for a zealer that is not a runeword

Hi

like the majority of people on these forums i will never have a Runeword of any kind. (Unless there is a duping craze and people give them away for Spirit sets)

I am planning on a good old fashioned zealer for no other purpose than to kill everything in sight.

What is the best one handed weapon out there

I have narrowed it down to a few and i would like your opinion please.

1. Lightsabre. Very fast, ITD and light absorbs.
    2. Azurewrath. Even faster. +1 to skills. 500-1000dmg that is not physical

3. Baranars Star. Very fast, 3-600dmg not physical, +15 dex and str
    200% attack rating
    4. Horozons Tornado. So fast its invisible. slows target by 20%
    5. Stormlash. Very fast (but slower than 4). Elemental damage. 33% crushing blow. 15% chance of a static field.
    6. Butchers Pupil. The best one handedAxe and added for completion. Will massacre its way through Nightmare and has no competition.
    35% deadly strike and very fast. If this weapon was upgraded to a small cresant would it stand with the swords and Maces above.

My opinion would be a

1. Stormlash (static,crushing blow)
    2. Azurewrath
    3. You tell me

I believe that Stormlash may be so far ahead that it could be even be used for the Ubers.

This may be off topic but would a Barb using double swing have a faster attack rate than a Zealer with fanat.

Please let me know what you think

IncGamers Member
    yea nothing here can eally compare with a stormlash in terms of killing speed.

IncGamers Member
    At the risk of being off-topic, I'd say you could make an eth Oath weapon well before you'd find/afford an Azurewrath or a Stormlash.

If I had to pick one of the weapons you listed, I'd go with an Azurewrath. The biggest challenges a zealot faces are Iron Maiden (nothing to be done about that :/ ) and physical immunes. The majority of physical immunes will be undead, and the Sanctuary from Azurewrath lets you ignore that totally.

After that, a Stormlash would be my second pick. Static proc and big Crushing Blow on a 4-frame attack. Yumm.

Oh, and you left Death Cleaver off your list, which is a very, very nice weapon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    This may be off topic but would a Barb using double swing have a faster attack rate than a Zealer with fanat.
    A double swinger can get to 5 frames per attack without too much trouble. A frenzier can get there too, though not quite as easily.
    A fana-zealer can get to 4.8 frames per attack (4/4/4/4/4+4), not 4 frames as people usually oversimplify it to.

It's not a big difference, but 5.21 attacks per second (zealer) is still more than 5 (DS/Frenzy).

peterpaul is correct, if you can afford a Stormlash you can probably procure the runes for Oath quite readily.

If not, I would think Stormlash would be the best of those options. CB and lite absorb ftw!

Wouldnt even a non eth Deathclever beat out most of those weapons he's listed? Or even a Razor's Edge? I know a lot of the high end Zealots use eth zod'd Deathclevers, and occasionally a eth zod'd Razor (since Ive learned Greif weapons are considered to be BM in a Zeal v. Zeal duel).

Upgraded Headstriker is an oft Overlooked one. I place about the same level as Azurewrath.

IncGamers Member
    eth zoded stormlash ftw, crushing blow, static, big physcial damage, good speed (hit last zeal bp with a little more ias when fanat activated).

IncGamers Member
    Stormlash definitely best
    a) range of zeal
    b) Static - which is in a sense give you AoE attack
    c) CB

Ghostflame btw give a lot damage but very short range and sort of slow (always eth unique legendary spike)
    for ubers on other hand nigher weapon you have listed are good
    haven's light with 2 shael in it easy beat by far margine stormlash vs. ubers

IncGamers Member
    I vote for the General's Tan Do Li Ga. Mainly because it gets no love