Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gold Hunting

I'll sacrafice 300% GF for a build that is able to kill something in hell. :smiley:

IncGamers Member
    my vote for best gold drops is for bot hunting.. 100 to 200k a drop. you can get 1 million gold in about 10 minutes of huting them.

IncGamers Member
    ok, yes a goldfind baba can probably get more gold/run than my neccy. no arguments here. however: my neccy can solo hell baal. actually, i can solo anywhere in the game with that neccy, not a problem. yes, 700k gold is a "high-end" run, i tend to average ~350k'ish or thereabouts. i also rekon i can clear hell travincal substantially faster than a GF baba. the miracles of Corpse Explosion, one creep dies, boom-boom-boom, everythings dead. so in a gold/time ratio, i rekon i can whoop any goldfind baba.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalcitabine View Post
    Nice stuff you have here
    thanx. this char was AMAZINGLY cheap to put together. i used to use a CoT, upgraded after i gambled that hat. the ammy is a "failed craft" from one of my umpteen caster ammy crafts. found the belt (used a goldwrap prior to that). the most expensive bit's were the extra Lem runes stuffed into every available socket.

Quote Originally Posted by ale beer two View Post
    I'll sacrafice 300% GF for a build that is able to kill something in hell. :smiley:
    /signed.
    i rekon i should point out that once you hit ~1500% goldfind, you can sort of stop chasing it. another 300% on top of that is 300% of the BASE gold that gets dropped by a creep. it's a sort of, but not really, diminishing returns thingo happening. i could easily crack 2k goldfind on that nec, but i prefer having a 16slot cargo-hold to pick stuff up with than an extra 2-4k gold/pile.

meh, each to their own. some like GF-barbs, i like my GF-neccy. they both work, they both pull in bulk gold when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by mephiztophelez View Post
    ok, yes a goldfind baba can probably get more gold/run than my neccy. no arguments here. however: my neccy can solo hell baal. actually, i can solo anywhere in the game with that neccy, not a problem. yes, 700k gold is a "high-end" run, i tend to average ~350k'ish or thereabouts. i also rekon i can clear hell travincal substantially faster than a GF baba. the miracles of Corpse Explosion, one creep dies, boom-boom-boom, everythings dead. so in a gold/time ratio, i rekon i can whoop any goldfind baba.

thanx. this char was AMAZINGLY cheap to put together. i used to use a CoT, upgraded after i gambled that hat. the ammy is a "failed craft" from one of my umpteen caster ammy crafts. found the belt (used a goldwrap prior to that). the most expensive bit's were the extra Lem runes stuffed into every available socket.

/signed.
    i rekon i should point out that once you hit ~1500% goldfind, you can sort of stop chasing it. another 300% on top of that is 300% of the BASE gold that gets dropped by a creep. it's a sort of, but not really, diminishing returns thingo happening. i could easily crack 2k goldfind on that nec, but i prefer having a 16slot cargo-hold to pick stuff up with than an extra 2-4k gold/pile.

meh, each to their own. some like GF-barbs, i like my GF-neccy. they both work, they both pull in bulk gold when you need it.
    GF Barb+merc with Max FI is the best because they can hold 2 weapons + they have the FI skill that can get them 2x the gold as any other char

GF Necro: great fun but less gold. lots of fun in cows too

GF amz: jav amz own cows and if you can get jav/greed charms....

GF sorc: they also work well

i use them all since i have so many different goldfind chars.

Lems vs gf jewels. for NL i'd go with Lems since you cant upgrade them. for ladder id use them for other things. i think i have 29 lems on my NL barb, thats just too many to use for ladder.

-Tempus-

Chaos & Baal runs.

Just pretend you are a Pirate stealing booty from ye hostiled English men in the baal chamber or a savage mongolian crossing the great bridge of fire to the chaos sanctuary to plunder them chinese peasants in the sanctuary.:starry: :starry: :starry:

Well that does it... Ive been thinking of making a summoner nec yet again for a couple of weeks now. Ive seen aokl drop yesterday and taken it as a sign, ive seen trangs armor drop and taken it as a sign. Now this thread about a gf fishymancer. Its written in the stars!

IncGamers Member

Re: Gold Hunting

Any gold hunters here? Recommend some gold metal detectors for beginners.