Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Couldīnt agree more with the OP small gestures like these makes it overall much more fun for everyone.

I don't consdier it dishonorable to take "death money" anymore. Dying alone is a misatke they shouldn't of made, and running around with most of your money on you is your own choice.

IncGamers Member
    i've seen people actually walk off and leave their money. I wish i had a way to deny them their 1/8 from when I picked it up.
    I kinda agree with stfrn.

Take the gold, and give it back if they whine, this'll be my new policy. I see people leave gold on the ground all the time, the stuff isn't exactly rare. How much of that gold do they have because I was picking up gold piles?

I try to be an honorable person in game but I just can't see getting all hot and bothered about stupid gold.

Banned
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I practically live by this statement, but I don't hold it against people if they don't follow something similar. Their choice, but anyway - you win some and you lose some.

If you can't tolerate people taking gold when you die or killing you for it then don't carry any with you, or at least keep a minimal amount. It is very easy to get gold in this game, so I don't quite understand what the big deal is about losing gold after a death to someone that's either trying to level you or is running the game you are in. I agree it's no fun for those who don't actually need it yet (ie. low level in chaos or leacher in baal run) to take it instead.

You could do like several people do, including myself, and just play in solo games, or with a couple of friends if you cannot deal with the "bnet kiddies." :wink3:

Quote Originally Posted by Dii Legend View Post
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I practically live by this statement, but I don't hold it against people if they don't follow something similar. Their choice, but anyway - you win some and you lose some.
    Agree here

If you can't tolerate people taking gold when you die or killing you for it then don't carry any with you, or at least keep a minimal amount. It is very easy to get gold in this game, so I don't quite understand what the big deal is about losing gold after a death to someone that's either trying to level you or is running the game you are in. I agree it's no fun for those who don't actually need it yet (ie. low level in chaos or leacher in baal run) to take it instead.
    Agree on the minimum gold part, but I find it irritating cause at times I need that money for pots, or if I had a merc, if I now/later I want to go resurrect him, I'm broke. I don't have a problem with the game runner getting my gold, but I'd rather give it to him than him take it. I don't think running the game gives him entitlement to grab it (my apologies if I'm putting words in your mouth here).

You could do like several people do, including myself, and just play in solo games, or with a couple of friends if you cannot deal with the "bnet kiddies." :wink3:
    Amen

Banned
    Just so it's clear, the use of "you" wasn't directed at anyone specifically, it was a generalization for anyone reading this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooply View Post
    Agree on the minimum gold part, but I find it irritating cause at times I need that money for pots, or if I had a merc, if I now/later I want to go resurrect him, I'm broke. I don't have a problem with the game runner getting my gold, but I'd rather give it to him than him take it. I don't think running the game gives him entitlement to grab it (my apologies if I'm putting words in your mouth here).
    Right, but I was maninly referring to those that are low enough level they cannot kill much of anything yet (leechers) but take the gold anyway. I agree with having the runner ask for gold and it's given to him/her than just taking it when someone dies. I would think that would be common curtesy...but wait! How many of those people do you think really care about what the runner needs/wants? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dii Legend View Post
    Right, but I was maninly referring to those that are low enough level they cannot kill much of anything yet (leechers) but take the gold anyway. I agree with having the runner ask for gold and it's given to him/her than just taking it when someone dies. I would think that would be common curtesy...but wait! How many of those people do you think really care about what the runner needs/wants? :rolleyes:
    <sarcasm> Bnet runners always appreciate runners, and are always eager to help them to the best of their abilities.</sarcasm>

I see some baal runs where the runner asks for any rejuvs that drop. Simple request right? Not like he's asking for every drop. But yet you'll still see people picking them up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zooply View Post
    <sarcasm> Bnet runners always appreciate runners, and are always eager to help them to the best of their abilities.</sarcasm>

I see some baal runs where the runner asks for any rejuvs that drop. Simple request right? Not like he's asking for every drop. But yet you'll still see people picking them up.
    Simple request, yes, but not always going to happen. I think the reason I liked running with higher level restrictions is so I get people who understand the need for certain things, since they've played long enough or have the dedication and knowledge (most of the time) to know that working together leads to better/faster games.

This is making me want to do runs so bad right now, but I know when I log on I wont want to play anymore. It's like insta-bordom.

IncGamers Member
    Wow, I'm surpised how much popularity my post haad recieved. Let me just clear a few things up:

1. Yes, I agree, gold is insignificant. That doesn't mean it isn't a nice thing to do by not taking it or giving it back.

2. Many of you have responded (as if to speak directly to me I assume) about letting it go. Live and let live I say. I don't care if you all are the opposite of what I posted. I do think you take fun away, but notice that no where in my op did I say, "And none of you should be bad, or you should be like me." A few people form this forum have visited me in game, and I was just putting it out there that despite how most of the people act, there are still good players, like me.

3. I didn't know gold was distributed amongst party players, that is good to know.

4. I guess since I have received so many good responses I should have put this at the end of the post: *fret_guy89

Thanks guys, you rock. I play east ladder sc, if anyone wants to join. As of August 19 I got my mf sorc into nightmare, so this week is all about getting goodies, and if any of you good players would like a good friend, I will be happy to share my wealth. Peace.

I would have probably joined you... but I dont play ladder anymore...