Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienBoyz View Post
    You are stuffed as far as that character is concerned as an opener - either you or someone in a MP game has killed the CK and got the quest.

Your only option is to use another char to open the level for you - the bit of good news about this is now you can kill the CK as much as you like and not ruin the quest for someone else!

I don't believe anything has changed with the dynamics of the CK - it works as it always has except you have to kill Baal to do it not Diablo as before.
    There has changed something, before patch 1.10 you could kill the cow king as often as you want, now you can only do it once per difficulty.

Anyway, the note on the cow king is dead is still present when you change the difficulty under the quest list, right? I just find it odd what she says, "I can't do that yet" doesn't sound like something sensible when not being able to open it due to already having killed the king (only sensible when not yet having killed Baal on that difficulty), I thought that when trying to transmute things in the cube and not being able to the characters don't in general say anything.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lister of Smeg View Post
    There has changed something, before patch 1.10 you could kill the cow king as often as you want, now you can only do it once per difficulty.
    Why, back in my 1.09 bnet days (shudder), was I constantly subjected to "OMG DONT KILL TEH KING !!!11!!11!!!!one"? Was this updated via server-side patching on bnet?

And, does this mean that my 1.09 SP chars have been avoiding killing the cow king all this time for no reason?

-CG

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Randalar-1109
    Hmm...I'm very hazy on old patches now as I age into decrepitude, but I'm pretty sure killing the King has been a no-no for longer than just 1.10.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks for all your help everyone. I will have to use another character to open the portal - thanks to AlienBoyz for that suggestion.

And as I said, I have killed the Cow King on Hell many times with that character and have always been able to re-open the portal. I have never heard of a Cow King quest until now.

Nice work everyone, happy gaming!