Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 259 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Thanks - that makes it very clear now.

IncGamers Member
    I've socketed a few items now - it seems Larzuk will only put 1 socket in a rare item, unless I've been unlucky.

I thought he can put up to 4 sockets into a magical item that can have 4 or more sockets - like an Ancient Armour or Warpike. The most I have got so far is 3 - but admittedly with only a couple of attempts. So can he socket up to 4 on Magical items?

So I've been told (not tested magical socketing myself yet - I'm waiting for that cruel giant thresher of quickness).

Set/Unique/Rare items only get one socket
    Crafted can get up to three
    Magical can get up to four

Do be sure that the items you are trying to socket can get 4 sockets at the ilvl its at though.

IncGamers Member
    I can confirm that magical armor can receive 4 sockets. I'm kicking myself for doing a full restart and losing my four socketed (all empty) coral gothic plate of the whale :cry:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItAllGoesWhite View Post
    I can confirm that magical armor can receive 4 sockets. I'm kicking myself for doing a full restart and losing my four socketed (all empty) coral gothic plate of the whale :cry:
    I think you lost lots of better items than that when you restarted! :shocked:

Very nice - although some of these are mentioned in Repus'z guide we all know that not all the info is correct - so good to hear confirmation.

Another question (I have many it seems!):
    I know that in later versions Multishot only uses the middle 2 arrows to calc its chance to cast, leech etc. I seem to remember reading that in earlier versions ALL arrows counted. Is this true and does it apply to 1.07?

It should apply to 1.07.

IncGamers Member
    Sorry just realised my question was a little bit unclear - so just to confirm:

ALL arrows count towards leech, ctc etc in 1.07 Multishot?

IncGamers Member
    As far as I could tell with my multi-shot 'zon, leech worked with all arrows, and knockback did as well. I didn't have crushing blow or ctc items on her but I assume they all would work.

IncGamers Member
    I'm thinking of making a MS zon with 100% CB as a cow killer - any thoughts?

+knockback
    +full Pierce
    +cold dmg for slow or clegs pincers
    +100% Crushing Blow
    +ctc Amp Dmg if I can get the item(s)

In theory I believe it should work quite well.

IncGamers Member
    I'm sure it would work. I remember multi-shot being one of the higher tier cow-killer skills. Honestly though, unless you're doing it to be different, I still think Lightning Fury is better suited for cow-killing--if only as insurance against killing the king. However, if you're looking for something that can run other areas as well then it might be a good idea.