Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 260 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    I'm skeptical of r/w speed affecting the seed at all, and I know this is becoming a trend of mine, but I'm currently not in a position to test this theory.

What I'd like to see is someone with say, 100% faster r/w speed run a rack until they're consistently getting one item, and then take all their faster r/w charms and equipment off and run it again. If the rack consistently drops a different item, then I'll begin to believe it.

At this point, I'm still leaning towards writing it off as an issue of accuracy in where you're clicking the rack--I've found the seed can be very finicky at times.

Edit:

I should note that if your r/w speed does affect the seed, then there might be some interesting uses for that knowledge. Off the top of my head I'm thinking a paladin with maxed vigor could manipulate the seed much like amazons, necromancers, druids, and assassins can.

IncGamers Member
    Yiuman - great work on that addendum!

Also, nice gaze btw. I'm jealous - I still have to rack my first decent 1.07 unique. My only unique rack finds so far are 2 Titan's for my zon. I am currently running a Balrog Skin + Bone Knife map so sooner or later I got to get something decent!

Still early days though - I have only found 4 Sazabi. I seem to remember someone saying thay found something like 18 before seeing the gold
    :shocked:
    Considering I would eventually like to rack 2 of these - I am probably in it for the long run.

Some bad news. I loaded up my zon with every +max damage charm I could find, including that +37 one and I couldn't notice any significant increase in killing power with LF. :cry: I am sure it will make a difference with melee damage but not a lot it seems with LF. Nor does +Crushing Blow seem to work with LF. I had Rattlecage + Goblin Toe on and again no noticable killing power increase. Perhaps with more than 100% CB I might see a difference - I will test again later.

As far as runnning speed making a difference I am pretty much 100% sure it does - but only on some racks. My bone knife rack changes to a bardiche every time with the increased run speed items. The rack is not sensitive to where I touch it - top, bottom and sides all produce a bone knife or bardiche, depending on run speed. Without the extra run speed items the rack produces a bone knife every time - with a very occasional ghost spear if I don't run the route correctly (pretty rare these days as after 100's of runs I pretty much run the route exactly)

I even tried removing inertia charms 1 by 1 and found a sweet spot where I sometimes produced bone knifes and sometimes bardiches. Adding more run speed produced only bardiches and removing run speed produced only bone knifes.

However in all cases the other rack on the map always produced the same item - Balrog skins. So not every rack is sensitive to run speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienBoyz View Post
    Yiuman - great work on that addendum!

Also, nice gaze btw. I'm jealous - I still have to rack my first decent 1.07 unique.
    It will come. I'm slightly jealous of your bone knife rack - I've never found a stable one, my (as yet unborn) singer is crying out for two of them (geddit?). Do you use a run counter - I find that it helps me maintain my sanity when rack running to know exactly how many runs I have done.
    Some bad news. I loaded up my zon with every +max damage charm I could find, including that +37 one and I couldn't notice any significant increase in killing power with LF. :cry:
    Oh well, it would have been nice if the damage from charms was added to the damage of the javs which was added to the lightning bolts, but as the damage isn't supossed to be added to the bolts anyway..... its still a bonus. Just look at it that you have freed up lots of inventory space for FR/W/res charms etc.

Nor does +Crushing Blow seem to work with LF. I had Rattlecage + Goblin Toe on and again no noticable killing power increase. Perhaps with more than 100% CB I might see a difference - I will test again later.
    CB will only affect the mob that the javelin actually physically hits (IIRC) and so won't affect your overall killing speed. Over 100% CB shouldn't make a difference (IIRC CB is capped at 95% anyway). Personally, unless you are relying on CB to deal with LIs, I'd just keep the CB equipment in your stash/ATMA and put it on for boss killing.

As far as runnning speed making a difference I am pretty much 100% sure it does - but only on some racks.
    So not every rack is sensitive to run speed.
    This agrees 100% with my own experience. To reiterate and expand on my earlier post, rack seed is affected by your actions, this includes which route you take and also how long you spend taking it. An interesting experiment might be to try running and walking the same route.

The fact that it doesn't affect every rack just ties in with what we know about some racks being more 'stable' and less sensitive to which route you take than others.

@ItAllGoesWhite A Paladin using vigor (or not) could well give you a different drop (depending on how stable the rack is), thus potentially doubling the number of items a rack could drop. However, unlike the minion casting, this would be a one time shot - you can't multiple cast vigor! You could however try it running and walking thus giving you four drops. Hmmmmmm, interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by yiuman View Post
    It will come. I'm slightly jealous of your bone knife rack - I've never found a stable one, my (as yet unborn) singer is crying out for two of them (geddit?). Do you use a run counter - I find that it helps me maintain my sanity when rack running to know exactly how many runs I have done.
    It took me a while to get one, and you want two? :shocked:

CB will only affect the mob that the javelin actually physically hits (IIRC) and so won't affect your overall killing speed. Over 100% CB shouldn't make a difference (IIRC CB is capped at 95% anyway). Personally, unless you are relying on CB to deal with LIs, I'd just keep the CB equipment in your stash/ATMA and put it on for boss killing.
    CB is not capped.

Quote Originally Posted by RTB View Post
    CB is not capped.
    But over 100% is useless right?

IncGamers Member
    I decided to start trying to get some levels on my amazon. Got to 71 last night on solo hell cows.

I honestly don't know how people get melee chars that don't use AoE like WW to hi levels - must have the patience of Job!

Awaiting user confirming email address
    Hey all. I've only ever played 1.07. Im quite a casual player, currently have a lvl 43 Frenzy Barb in Act 3 NM. My baby (as far as charms go) is a:
    +1 to Sorceress Skill levels
    +19 to max damage.

Not that good i know.

I also have a rare jewel with 3 mods

Go Hard. 1.07 REPRESENT!

IncGamers Member
    Welcome!

If that really is +1 to all sorc skills charm that is an awesome charm! I didn't know they could drop!

Awaiting user confirming email address
    Really?

Ill give you a screenie when i get back to my computer in a few days ok.

IncGamers Member
    I'm guessing you mean +1 to a certain sorceress skill tab. +1 to all skills doesn't exist on any magical charm. Too bad:laugh:

AB: Cows ftw! That's how I got my sorceresses up to 81. Cows, cows, cows. It's infinitely better than anywhere else in 1.07. Oh, and I don't understand how characters without crowd control level up, either. That's why I abandoned my 'zerker:P