Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 219 of 258 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2578
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydave View Post
    Yep, Atma can be used for anything but runewords.

There seems to be some differing opinion (at least time I checked) on what activity with runewords did or didn't crash Atma. Personally I have found I can use runewords on my characters and open said character in Atma but if I touch the runeword while Atma is open then I corrupt that character. Putting a runeword in a stash certainly corrupts that stash for me as well.

Also, iteams with the hit freezes target mod also seem to corrupt when used with Atma.

To move an item(s) forward you need to create a 1.07 mule in Atma, put the item(s) you want on the mule, then, open the mule in 1.13. Voila item(s) forwarded.
    Wait, won't creating a 1.07 character make it not show up in my 1.13 character screen?

It will, so just make sure to not play the character when 1.13 is open. Unless you wanted to forward for the items.

When you create a 1.07 mule in ATMA you can chose the folder where it's created. If you create a mule with D2 1.07 it will create it in ..Diablo II/1.07/Save

Just cut and paste that mule in ..Diablo II/1.13d/Save or Diablo II/Save (depending on how you have things) and open it using 1.13d. Like pharphis said, be sure that you only have one version open at each time.

About the 1.07 unique you mentioned in the other topic, you can check in the wiki the 1.08 versions (that are like the 1.07 ones). Just search for Unique Axes, Unique Swords, Unique Belts, etc http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Unique_Axes

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post
    When you create a 1.07 mule in ATMA you can chose the folder where it's created. If you create a mule with D2 1.07 it will create it in ..Diablo II/1.07/Save

Just cut and paste that mule in ..Diablo II/1.13d/Save or Diablo II/Save (depending on how you have things) and open it using 1.13d. Like pharphis said, be sure that you only have one version open at each time.

About the 1.07 unique you mentioned in the other topic, you can check in the wiki the 1.08 versions (that are like the 1.07 ones). Just search for Unique Axes, Unique Swords, Unique Belts, etc http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Unique_Axes
    Awesome, thank you!

Now I'm trying to decide on a build. I started an amazon for LF, as I've played one to 91 on the realms, but I'm not sure how strong it will be. I'd like a build that I can start to farm/rack gear with in hell. I'm not twinked in 1.07. Is sorc the best choice? What options do I have?

IncGamers Member

Frozen orb/static sorc is easiest IMHO.

Completely gear independant and cold mastery breaks immunities in 1.07 so orb can damage anything. However, the real kicker is static is uncapped so you can use it to sliver any monster even in hell.

Plus as a sorc you obviously get teleport which speeds everything up.

The only slight hassle is the aiming of orb is slightly different in 1.07. If you cast an orb straight over a monster it will receive no damage so you need to aim just to one side to let it be hit by the shards.

IncGamers Member

Frozen orb/static sorc is easiest IMHO.

Completely gear independant and cold mastery breaks immunities in 1.07 so orb can damage anything. However, the real kicker is static is uncapped so you can use it to sliver any monster even in hell.

Plus as a sorc you obviously get teleport which speeds everything up.

The only slight hassle is the aiming of orb is slightly different in 1.07. If you cast an orb straight over a monster it will receive no damage so you need to aim just to one side to let it be hit by the shards.
    Awesome, my sorc is made, although the going is quite slow.

Is there any definitive list of what uniques actually exist in 1.07? I've read rumors of Nihl racks dropping The Cranium Basher, but I just don't know what to believe. I know which uniques to look for, but not what's actually possible. Could I rack Tyrael's?

IncGamers Member

I don't have a comprehensive list of 1.07 uniques but most of the useful ones are listed in Repuz's guide

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...e-%28repost%29

Take careful note of the base items of some uniques as they were different in 1.07 eg Lightsabre is an elegant blade and Stormshield an ageis.

And no you can't rack a Tyreals, it didn't exist then.

IncGamers Member

I don't have a comprehensive list of 1.07 uniques but most of the useful ones are listed in Repuz's guide

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...e-%28repost%29

Take careful note of the base items of some uniques as they were different in 1.07 eg Lightsabre is an elegant blade and Stormshield an ageis.

And no you can't rack a Tyreals, it didn't exist then.
    Awesome thank you! Hopefully last question for awhile. Am I doing this whole thing wrong? I've died like 15 times haha. I know I'm spoiled by 1.13, but is taking it slow just the way it goes, or is there some way to make it a little easier?

IncGamers Member

It's a lot harder going and unless you get in to the whole modified .dll thingy you'll be playing at /players 1 the whole way so will be pretty under level (I think I was matriach at about 60).

There are also some monster particularly multi shot lightning enchanted that will pretty much one shot kill you (and Hell Baal will too but you only have to visit him once if at all!).

Like I said earlier 1.07 is painful — in many ways! (But there are some cool and very different rewards to what you'll find in 1.10+. However, overall it is a very broken patch.)

IncGamers Member

I'm fine with that, as long as it's what's supposed to happen! Andariel's poison was nasssssty, even with ~45 poison resist. I have big plans for 1.07 though, so we'll see what happens in the future I do enjoy the good challenge, although I'm often struggling to find even enough potions to stay alive, let alone other items haha. Hopefully that gets better in NM+