Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    The long term troll thing, at least, we can agree on, Bortaz - Mac walks the line of what should and shouldn't be appropriate, though I can't think of much he's done recently that went to the wrong side of that. Then again, I don't spend as much time on these forums as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    look, you can never quite tell what is going to really piss someone off, especially when you spend all your time online trying to get under people's skin, at some point you're going to get a lucky shot

lately there have been some forumwide issues I have not been enjoying dealing with, some people like to pretend they know everything about me and label me either because it makes it easier for them to disregard what I have to say, or because they want to paint me as whatever evil it is they're crusading against. Either way I find it unacceptable, to be accused of things I haven't done or assigned beliefs that I do not have really irks me.

We're on the internet, none of you really knows me, but that doesn't mean you can go trying to fill in the blanks with whatever random crap you feel like and make wild assumptions about me. All you know is what I say, and what I say is on its own, don't add anything to it, if I wanted to say more I would, if I wanted to oppress everyone and ban fun I'd say it, why not, but did I? or have I been saying one thing, and been accused of another? multiple times... called a spammer, or a troll, when all I've been doing is posting the same as anyone else. I do not like being put in a position where I have to defend myself once again for something I never did nor said.

This happens too often for my liking, some of you have some notion of who I am and you treat me in a manner that I find disrespectful. I try to show all of you respect but I'm sure at some time or another I've failed, and to everyone who has been on the receiving end of my past actions, I apologize, I don't want to hold you to a standard that I can't attain, but civility is all I'm after, to be able to post here without immediately being called a spammer, to be taken seriously when I post seriously, not treated like some joke.

alot of that wasn't directed at you bortaz, but I am dealing with too much crap here

no one here has to agree with me, all I ask for is a little civility; I seem to respond poorly when it is absent
    Wow. He means business.

Ash just used capital letters for a while.

---

On a serious note, while I am not surprised to see you post sensibly, I am surprised to see you post with such a gravity. Thought your skin was thicker than almost anyone's. I hope I cause you no unpleasurable sensations.

Banned
    Once again, there are more people *****ing about +1's than there are spammers.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by ModeratelyConfused View Post
    Once again, there are more people *****ing about +1's
    No clue what you just said since it's censored, so I'm going to go with my instincts and type the most rash, unthought-out question I could ask.
    Isn't "***ing" about +1's basically spamming? o_O

Jesus.

Since when did it become ok to use curse words in the forums this much.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
    Jesus.

Since when did it become ok to use curse words in the forums this much.
    They must think it's cool. I guess I am getting old. I would like it if you all would stop giving the word filter a work out, please.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bortaz View Post
    If anything needs to be policed on this forum, it's long term trolls like maccool. But no, he's allowed to continue to flame people, while we all worry about some newbie poster making a game thread or two.

He has gotten soooooo much better in the last month or two. I actually enjoy his one liners now. He is still rather acerbic, but it actually has a little bit of value as opposed to a few months ago when he was just plain mean.

Quote Originally Posted by {KOW}Spazed View Post
    So the complaints about game threads as I see it are:
    1. Spam to get a +1
    2. Too many, I have to *gasp* look at the second page sometimes
    3. The intertubes are only for serious.

I'm really surprised that so many people care about people getting the +1, last time we took a poll way less than half the forums said they cared about post counts at all. Plus IIRC you can turn them off in the User CP.
    I don't really care about looking at the second page or the intertubes being for nonserious. The +1 thing isn't that minor though. It's not seeing someone with a high post count that's irritating (I honestly couldn't tell you what anyone's post count is, including my own, or even name anyone who has a high or low post count), it's repeatedly seeing threads packed full of useless, unrelated crap. It happens once for each +1 that happens, and it adds up pretty quick. Beyond irritating, it's against the forum rules last I heard, and it costs the site bandwidth money every time I have to reload a thread just to see that nothing was actually said.

Now don't get me wrong, obviously I'm talking about stuff like assassins that spams up every thread on the board and not stuff like having a single thread for rating avatars or having picture wars or drawing pokemon characters with ascii symbols or whatever the heck you want to do. It is the off topic forum. But I don't see why someone who hijacks and spams threads because he's playing a game should be treated better than someone who hijacks and spams threads because he's a huge jerk.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    as far as the second page, I look there all the time, because I have this weird thing where I post in threads that are of a subject I care about while leaving alone a thread if I am uninterested in the subject or have nothing to contribute, I don't feel the need to post everywhere so I'm used to having to find the right threads

and the spammers are a problem but not as much as they used to be, and I see a pretty big difference between someone who is trying to offend or insult (or whatever you want to classify as being a huge jerk) and someone who is just trying to enjoy themself, even if it is a little annoying

sorry dondrei

The entire reason for the existence of this site, years and years after this game game out, is because we're all bored and have nothing to do.
    I have heaps of things to do, I just don't want to do them.

If anything needs to be policed on this forum, it's long term trolls like maccool. But no, he's allowed to continue to flame people, while we all worry about some newbie poster making a game thread or two.
    Please, mac's one of the few people on here who keep the place lively.

And there's a difference between flaming and just being a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    as far as the second page, I look there all the time, because I have this weird thing where I post in threads that are of a subject I care about while leaving alone a thread if I am uninterested in the subject or have nothing to contribute, I don't feel the need to post everywhere so I'm used to having to find the right threads

and the spammers are a problem but not as much as they used to be, and I see a pretty big difference between someone who is trying to offend or insult (or whatever you want to classify as being a huge jerk) and someone who is just trying to enjoy themself, even if it is a little annoying

sorry dondrei
    I thought my ennui was important news.

I never post just to post, it's not like I need or care about a frigging +1, whatever I say is something I really want to say, sometimes that happens to be pooh-poohing the subject. What really baffles me is when the thread starter complains, like I'm doing them such a disservice by bumping their thread.

(That second paragraph isn't really aimed at you, Ash.)

You know, if there's one thing I've learned from being in the army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a major. He got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh - he pooh-poohed it. Fatal error, because it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers, who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment - morale totally destroyed... all by pooh-pooh!

(That one isn't aimed at anyone.)