Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    short question to psn nec, if your against a fho;

if i cast bone wall/prison is it possible, that fho hits the wall / prison? if yes, it would be like a freekill :shocked:

if not, how can i take a fho down? he just need to land 2 fhos on me and im history :undecided:

Get more res, and ABS.
    FoH dossent hit walls, but it does hit your golem, so keep recasting that.

IncGamers Member
    hi all, wow this thread got active while I was gone hehe

back from traveling round europe, although cant say ill be that active :(

good job summerfun is here to answer questions

1stly as said above conviction doesnt affect enemy poison resistance.
    2ndly to remove immunes only the -resist from LR works therefore haveing enough -poison resist to remove burning souls immunity is impossible

Deaths web is an awsome weapon but can be interchanged with other nice weapons (i swap between dweb and hoto) for seperate situations, ie if someone doesnt stack resists hoto is better.

with dweb i drop to 75%fcr too with hoto I hit 125%

foh palas can be tricky in pubby games because others get in the way, but 1v1 they are simple to beat, summon a small army and just go nuts. it will be ages before a foh pala can get through the army, in fact an army makes it a very unfair fight against any pala they just cant win. the anoyance in pubby games is some class destroy your army in very few attacks, ie fire sorc, not hard to beat, just kills your army.

glad to see people enjoying 1 of the best classes D2 has to offer - unparreleled mob clearing and 1 of the most powerful pvp classes

poison necs only weakness is act bosses

Quote Originally Posted by fallen angel of satan View Post
    hi all, wow this thread got active while I was gone hehe

back from traveling round europe, although cant say ill be that active :(

good job summerfun is here to answer questions

1stly as said above conviction doesnt affect enemy poison resistance.
    2ndly to remove immunes only the -resist from LR works therefore haveing enough -poison resist to remove burning souls immunity is impossible

Deaths web is an awsome weapon but can be interchanged with other nice weapons (i swap between dweb and hoto) for seperate situations, ie if someone doesnt stack resists hoto is better.

with dweb i drop to 75%fcr too with hoto I hit 125%

foh palas can be tricky in pubby games because others get in the way, but 1v1 they are simple to beat, summon a small army and just go nuts. it will be ages before a foh pala can get through the army, in fact an army makes it a very unfair fight against any pala they just cant win. the anoyance in pubby games is some class destroy your army in very few attacks, ie fire sorc, not hard to beat, just kills your army.

glad to see people enjoying 1 of the best classes D2 has to offer - unparreleled mob clearing and 1 of the most powerful pvp classes

poison necs only weakness is act bosses

Its allways nice to have you back!
    How was your trip?

Back on topick, most pub FoH paladins dont use enigma, so you should be able to cast boneprisson on them and keep them in one place.

If you use wizzard spike and maybe drop to 75% fcr it should be very easy to keep max res even with conviction.

wizzy 50% fcr
    TO gloves 20% fcr
    amu 10+% fcr.

That opens up for some HEAVY light res gear.

Kiras maybe socket LO
    Thunder goods
    Sanctuary shield or if you have enough str 3P-topaz+LO shield.

By now any FoH should start to cry, if not then add 2 Whisp.

its easier to make a low 60er dudu with max cyclon armor just to show him how useless fhoers are :laugh:

just hope that the paladin dont have 1 point in smite....

Foh'ers taste good

IncGamers Member
    Just a few notes here. I never played a poisonmancer but I've seen them quite a bit and fought against several. Anyway:

I'm pretty sure FoH cannot be blocked except by assassins with claw block.

You cannot reach 125%fcr with Death's Web and have max block (unless you're crazy enough to max block with Spirit or Lidless).

Stormshield can be worth it. Stick a Hel in it and it'll require 133 strength. Anni + Torch + Enigma alone will give you around +100 strength at level 85ish so you're only like 18 short, which you can probably get from your boots, circlet, amulet or rings. Helps immensely against any physical damage dealer (including windies).

You'll need to use mana potions if you're going to spam-tele around. There's no way to avoid it if you don't want to sacrifice a bunch of stats for extra mana. The good thing is that mana potions are easy to get and not considered BM, so you shouldn't actually go out of your way to get extra mana. It's nice to have, but most other things come before it.

+1 to all skills (not +1 to necro) will give you around +220 poison nova damage, +3% life and mana (from BO), slightly stronger bone armor/golem/bone walls and other insignificant stuff, and a small reduce in teleport's mana cost. If it's a choice between +5-10% poison damage and +1 to all skills, I'd take the skill.

With all the things you focus on, you're gonna be low on life. Block, mass fcr and fhr, lots of +skills and so on... you'll need optimal equipment to reach even 2k life, and absolutely godlike gear for anything higher. Watch your life, you can die to one blessed hammer, one FoH, one blizzard or one hit of charged strike. Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Just a few notes here. I never played a poisonmancer but I've seen them quite a bit and fought against several. Anyway:

You cannot reach 125%fcr with Death's Web and have max block (unless you're crazy enough to max block with Spirit or Lidless).

Stormshield can be worth it. Stick a Hel in it and it'll require 133 strength. Anni + Torch + Enigma alone will give you around +100 strength at level 85ish so you're only like 18 short, which you can probably get from your boots, circlet, amulet or rings. Helps immensely against any physical damage dealer (including windies).

You'll need to use mana potions if you're going to spam-tele around. There's no way to avoid it if you don't want to sacrifice a bunch of stats for extra mana. The good thing is that mana potions are easy to get and not considered BM, so you shouldn't actually go out of your way to get extra mana. It's nice to have, but most other things come before it.

+1 to all skills (not +1 to necro) will give you around +220 poison nova damage, +3% life and mana (from BO), slightly stronger bone armor/golem/bone walls and other insignificant stuff, and a small reduce in teleport's mana cost. If it's a choice between +5-10% poison damage and +1 to all skills, I'd take the skill.

With all the things you focus on, you're gonna be low on life. Block, mass fcr and fhr, lots of +skills and so on... you'll need optimal equipment to reach even 2k life, and absolutely godlike gear for anything higher. Watch your life, you can die to one blessed hammer, one FoH, one blizzard or one hit of charged strike. Remember that.

you can use golem or summoned monions to "avoid" getting hit by foh, what ever...

if you need max block a swap to whistans will do it, but why using a storm shield for that O_o i actualy only would need maxblock for bowzones but it would make it only easier, its not that its pointless without max block and with a bo @ my lvl 87 psn necro i got 2.5k life so its okey removing spirit would not only hurt my fcr, it would set my resis lower as well as mana/life. so spirit is just nice

*sorry for spelling, keep overseeing them:hide:

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post

Seems like you should try making one.
    My nec has more than 2k life with max block setup and max dr.