Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i must agree with the post above me.

no way in hell to absorb/negate physical damage.

IncGamers Member
    However, those modifications weaken them, making them more susceptable to your fury.

Also, about the above calculations, plr doesn't affect rabies.

Not to mention biting an ear off is just bloody cool.

i hardly think substituting one helmet switch would make someone susceptible to a hybridized fury

And Fury is innately weak against Casters. Every build has a weakness. And you know what? Hybrids are better all around because they cover those weaknesses. Take Flaming Rabies for example. Your attacks may be weaker than a pure FC Druid. However, if they sorb your fire into the ground you still have a back up attack. Fury/Rabies will do better against a broader span of enemies than Pure Fury because it can do a one hit kill. And in some matchups one hit is all you're going to get if your lucky. Also, it pierces ES and Bone Armor.

So yes, hybrids are viable because they cover a Pure builds inherent weaknesses. To say a pure > hybrid isn't true. Once again it depends.

that's why my pure fury is the anti caster.

sorcs, necros, hammerdins, trappers alike die much easier than a bvb or smiter vs me.

the aforementioned usually die in one hit. some hammerdins take 2-3 hits, but usually 1 fury is all it takes, whether it's the first hit or 4 and 5.

i prefer a pure physical attack that cannot be negated like rabies can. i can see its merits as a pvp build, i just cannot see myself using it because my playing style suits 1 fury ko's. i mean, cept versus all you wonderful wolves in this forum, but the chance i get to duel any of you is pretty slim. 98% of my game time is spent in pub duels, where there are mostly casters.
    you bring a charger into the mix and i have a little more trouble, but all it takes is a well placed recasted oak to take the hit while i go in for the kill. since most chargers expect a 1hit ko, they'll not be using a shield....

Last edited by WRcheza; 04-06-2007 at 07:12.

To put it in perspective...
    Take your average damage and divide it by 48. That's how much damage you're doing against a dueler with max block and 50% dr (read, anyone worth their salt).

Banned
    trying to find a good guide to a pure rabies druid. Ran some skills and gear through single player before making a ladder character and only came up about 5k dmg which is severally less that the "easy" 40k that was mentioned above. Any suggestions or pointing in the right direction?

Trang gloves, facets and bramble. Also, a heads up, rabies is absolute crap for pvm if that's what you were considering it for.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    trying to find a good guide to a pure rabies druid. Ran some skills and gear through single player before making a ladder character and only came up about 5k dmg which is severally less that the "easy" 40k that was mentioned above. Any suggestions or pointing in the right direction?
    you have to max poison creeper