Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 109 of 454 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 4537
  1. #1081
    IncGamers Member Evrae Altana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rubby Ducky
    Posts
    21,439
    Good Mike, you wanna join in on the happy dance and song too?




  2. #1082
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    21,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ce Olba View Post
    There's no point in putting someone on your ignore list if you are going to read all of their posts, is there?
    The ignore list is a wonderful feature, actually. While you do not have to see their posts, you have a choice to read them or not. This helps prevent trouble in the long run if you are only engged in arguments with that person. trust me, I have had more than one person on my ignore list.

    Of course, that's what I always assume.
    Yet you continue to engage in arguemnts with those people. How much sense does that make?

    I don't need anyone's sympathies.
    Then why do you insist on trying to make people feel bad for you by making all sorts of (however valid) complaints, but not trying to do anything productive about it?

    Excuse me sir, but what you're saying here makes no sense in reality. If I didn't want to admit that I've imperfect, I would be claiming perfectness, thus superiority over every other being on the planet. Which I clearly am not doing, right?
    No one is going to be perfect, ever. That's not what I'm saying. What I am trying to get across is that no one likes the fact that there are things about them that aren't always "pleasant" to other people. You tend to take criticism the wrong way, and that is what seems to have caused this whole mess in the first place. Don't take their negativeness to heart, but learn from it nonetheless.

    No need to call me sir, I am of the opposite gender. :wink3:

    There's no reason to point out the obvious when it's only going to make things worse for me.
    It will only become worse if you let it. From your last few responses I can tell that you are actually reading what I have said, and I appreciate that. Now if you can manage to do the same with other people, without "reading too much into it," I'm sure people will have more respect for you.

    Things like these don't come easily for a lot of people, and that's okay. Don't let it discourage you though. Learn from your past "arguements," and move on. :smiley:




  3. #1083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Dii Legend View Post
    The ignore list is a wonderful feature, actually. While you do not have to see their posts, you have a choice to read them or not. This helps prevent trouble in the long run if you are only engged in arguments with that person. trust me, I have had more than one person on my ignore list.
    Well, that might be it, but I don't see a point in putting a single person on my ignore list if I'm going to be reading their posts.

    Yet you continue to engage in arguemnts with those people. How much sense does that make?
    The so-called "engaging" is not that much of a correct term to be used. Rather than engaging in an argument, I have been asking for the proof to validate their arguments. Which seemed to be "duel me" or "you're a forum-only dueler who never played the game" in the last one.

    Then why do you insist on trying to make people feel bad for you by making all sorts of (however valid) complaints, but not trying to do anything productive about it?
    That's not what I'm trying to achieve, I'm simply expressing my opinion on the certain issues. As for trying to change that, as a regular member, I cannot do a thing except trust the higher-ups. Which isn't that much, considering that some of them seem to have something against me.

    No one is going to be perfect, ever. That's not what I'm saying. What I am trying to get across is that no one likes the fact that there are things about them that aren't always "pleasant" to other people. You tend to take criticism the wrong way, and that is what seems to have caused this whole mess in the first place. Don't take their negativeness to heart, but learn from it nonetheless.
    Criticism, you say? What you say only applies to stuff that can be easily proven, for example, mathematics. On the other hand, if it comes down to anything related to me, be it my personality or my clothing or the way I look or whatever, I couldn't care less what other people think. I'm me and I'm me because I want to be me and I'm not going to change just because you want me to. Otherwise I would have a serious lack of self-esteem.

    No need to call me sir, I am of the opposite gender. :wink3:
    Now that adds a big sister-like tone to everything you've just said.

    It will only become worse if you let it. From your last few responses I can tell that you are actually reading what I have said, and I appreciate that. Now if you can manage to do the same with other people, without "reading too much into it," I'm sure people will have more respect for you.
    I always read the things before I respond to them. It's just that I don't have any preset plan for what I'm going to say, it just comes together in my head while I'm writing the previous things.

    You know, I really hate it when anyone picks me as their archenemy of a sort. Usually it ends up like xxxkillerxxx did, he seems to comment everything I say regarding PvPing with "This guy's a clueless forum dueler, don't listen to him." or something of the sort. I would rather not have that attention directed to me. Which is also the reason why I hate it if people quote me.

    You're the ones who said those words, not me. You always seem to parade around in threads commenting on how contradictory people are and such.
    No, I don't see myself doing that besides a debate. Or if there is a clear contradiction in a post.

    Although I do wonder why you find it annoying for your words to be stuck in someone else's sig; you've never expressed any dislike for being sig-quoted in the past (not that I can see). Is it because this is a new hatred that you've developed recently, or is it because you're a bit embarassed by my sig?
    I've never liked it and I never will. I've never liked having attention directed to me and it just seems that attention is like something glued to me, both on forums and in school. And I have to say it, I would much rather be in my own peace without people constantly talking to me or trying to annoy me.

    And I've only spotted two people who sig-quoted me.




  4. #1084
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,625
    hahehahhahehhaee mike dont edit my posts, I felt so clever while doing it :( ****!




  5. #1085
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    21,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ce Olba View Post
    Well, that might be it, but I don't see a point in putting a single person on my ignore list if I'm going to be reading their posts.
    My point was that you have the choice of seeing their posts if they are on your ignore list. If you are going to choose to read the posts anyway, then you are right to not want to bother putting them on ignore.

    The so-called "engaging" is not that much of a correct term to be used. Rather than engaging in an argument, I have been asking for the proof to validate their arguments. Which seemed to be "duel me" or "you're a forum-only dueler who never played the game" in the last one.
    i understand where you're coming from, and I also understand why some would ask those things of you. If you are trying to say that a certain setup works better than another, based simply on numbers while the other person is saying it actually works better another way when put in use, then I would understand their desire to "show" you that it work as they say by a duel.

    The other things are just childish insults you are better off ignoring.

    That's not what I'm trying to achieve, I'm simply expressing my opinion on the certain issues. As for trying to change that, as a regular member, I cannot do a thing except trust the higher-ups. Which isn't that much, considering that some of them seem to have something against me.
    None of the "higher-ups" have anything personal against you, but they do have a job to do, and if that involves taking action against you in one way or another then so be it. Take what they hand out and move on.

    If you feel they are treating you unfairly, take it up with the person in question. If that gets you nowhere, then take it a step further - another moderator, one that you feel you can talk to. There is always a better solution to things than arguing. Trying to talk things out usually has a better result. :wink3:

    Criticism, you say? What you say only applies to stuff that can be easily proven, for example, mathematics. On the other hand, if it comes down to anything related to me, be it my personality or my clothing or the way I look or whatever, I couldn't care less what other people think. I'm me and I'm me because I want to be me and I'm not going to change just because you want me to. Otherwise I would have a serious lack of self-esteem.
    I am not asking you to change who you are, I am asking that you consider what you are posting before it turns into another senseless flamefest as I have seen happen so many times before.

    Now that adds a big sister-like tone to everything you've just said.
    Young man, I am probably close to a decade older than you. :wink3:

    I always read the things before I respond to them. It's just that I don't have any preset plan for what I'm going to say, it just comes together in my head while I'm writing the previous things.
    I don't usually know what I'm going to say until it's time to type it, either. Like this for example, I had no set script for our discussion tonight. :hide:

    You know, I really hate it when anyone picks me as their archenemy of a sort. Usually it ends up like xxxkillerxxx did, he seems to comment everything I say regarding PvPing with "This guy's a clueless forum dueler, don't listen to him." or something of the sort. I would rather not have that attention directed to me. Which is also the reason why I hate it if people quote me.
    Have you considered that he's just a childish troll out to cause trouble? He seems like the type of person that thrives on negative attention. Your best bet is not to feed him. Let the moderators handle him. if he continues to cause problems, something will be done - just don't try to make that happen yourself, let him dig his own grave.

    I didn't like the attention I was getting here for a while either, and I still get it sometimes, but I don't let it bother me anymore. I guess it's just something you will have to get used too, just let it roll off your shoulder - that is how you can be better than those that try to get you "riled up."

    Trust what I've said, I've had plenty of experience with people like that, and I'm sure I will have more to come. Everyone will "be in the spotlight" at some point in their lives, even those of us who try to avoid it. :wink3:



    Last edited by Dii Legend; 31-08-2007 at 22:57.

  6. #1086
    IncGamers Member Kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wolfen Empire ~Lycanthropic Throne~
    Posts
    5,669
    Some one rub my belly and scratch my wolfie ears to restore peace.

    I need some one with a nice sharp axe to trim the claws on my paws , also and has to be highly trained at whirl wind.




  7. #1087
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,625
    am only I skipping those useless pages full of rage and frustration or others as well?
    Olba vs rest I mean




  8. #1088
    IncGamers Member Evrae Altana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rubby Ducky
    Posts
    21,439
    *rubs Kiba's belly*
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz
    am only I skipping those useless pages full of rage and frustration or others as well?
    Olba vs rest I mean
    If you want to ignore the argument, do so silently like I am. Don't whine about the whining; you're not making it any better.




  9. #1089
    D2 PvP Moderator Uncle_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    "O'Neill's Empire" Warsaw
    Posts
    8,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritz View Post
    am only I skipping those useless pages full of rage and frustration or others as well?
    Olba vs rest I mean
    I actually don't see rage or frustration here, just a discussion, surprisingly civilised to be honest




  10. #1090
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,625
    nah I'm just bored of this endless and useless discussion.


    if those guys dont refrain from it I will just refrain from reading and posting here, I really cba anymore




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •