Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Vista

I have had the same problem. I have a new vista laptop, so I did not already have D2 or LOD on the computer. I was able to install D2 without difficulty but when I attempted to install LOD, I had the same issue with it asking again and again for the D2 "Play CD" which was already in the drive. (I checked the disk on an older PC, not a disk problem). I tried multiple different things but nothing worked. I have tried to play several times. If I run as administrator and change the compability settings, it starts ok which is better than before but then it will freeze. I also had to add all the updates from Blizzard. I have even also installed Direct X 9 to run in addition to 10. Any other helpful hints out there?

IncGamers Member

memory leak...

I am also experiencing a memory leak with LOD 1.11B and Vista.
    I can play for about an hour of "other multiplayer" with a buddy over battle.net, but then it will eventually crash.

Task manager will display game.exe with a gig of memory usage.
    Pretty annoying! And I can't seem to find a solution for this online.

IncGamers Member
    I was able to set-up a dual boot system, its very easy (if you own a legit XP copy).
    First you have to shrink your vista partition and make a new partition for XP. (If your just gonna be playing D2 you only need around 10gigs.)
    Install XP like you normally would (chose the partition you just created to install it on) **WARNING** Make sure your pc maker has XP drivers for your hardware before you install XP.
    After XP is finished installing you won't be able to boot into Vista. You need to a get a program called Vistaboot Pro. (download it at www.vistabootpro.org/)
    Run the program and run diagnostics. It'll add your XP boot to the Vista bootloader.
    Then go to the system bootloader tab, click Windows Vista bootloader and all hard drives option. Install the bootloader, then reboot and you should have a dual boot XP and Vista system.

Can someone help this fellow out?

http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost....84&postcount=1

IncGamers Member
    I use Vista as well..I can start up d2 fine/idle in channel and everything normally. But once I make a game my computer freezes after about 30 seconds. I downloaded the MS virtual PC thing, but I dont really know how to use it ._.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian316 View Post
    I was able to set-up a dual boot system, its very easy (if you own a legit XP copy).
    First you have to shrink your vista partition and make a new partition for XP. (If your just gonna be playing D2 you only need around 10gigs.)
    Install XP like you normally would (chose the partition you just created to install it on) **WARNING** Make sure your pc maker has XP drivers for your hardware before you install XP.
    After XP is finished installing you won't be able to boot into Vista. You need to a get a program called Vistaboot Pro. (download it at www.vistabootpro.org/)
    Run the program and run diagnostics. It'll add your XP boot to the Vista bootloader.
    Then go to the system bootloader tab, click Windows Vista bootloader and all hard drives option. Install the bootloader, then reboot and you should have a dual boot XP and Vista system.
    barbarian,

Thanks for the info, D2 is working well for me now.
    I have a vista laptop with 120 gig hard drive. I shrunk the vista partition down to 100 gig, and installed XP on the 20 gig partition.
    Vistaboot pro is pretty cool by the way.

thanks!

IncGamers Member
    i just installed d2 on my vista laptop.
    all worked out(after some re-installs^^)
    but when i try to connect to be net i can only connect
    intranet and broodwars.com and 2 more addresses.
    anyone have any ide on this?

never mind the problem wast vista realated.
    if this happans to you check this link
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=aall0633p

Last edited by ontilt; 25-06-2007 at 18:46.

IncGamers Member
    I have just installed d2 & lod without any problems, made an account but when I sign in it just sits there trying to connect... any help would appreciated. ***sorry fixed it***

Last edited by napalmbeer; 30-06-2007 at 11:50.

IncGamers Member
    I posted earlier in this thread, and have found a personal solution to this:

If anyone's found a solution to the memory leak let me know.
    My comp stats are similar to this posters'; DuoCore, Intel on-board vid chip, I have 1 Gig RAM and was seeing a memory leak in Dii.

Updated my system today, from 300W to 400W PowerSupply, from 1 to 2 Gig RAM, and got a Nvideo 8600GTS video card. Now Dii plays like a dream. No leaks, played 2 2+ hours sessions today, no problem.

Possibly this data might help someone.

IncGamers Member
    I use vista and i can run diablo 2 lod but the game is extremely laggy, both during the game and at the main menu. I have the game installed on my old computer and it runs just fine. Does anyone know a solution to this?