Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Hmm i was thinking of a pulse as main dmg (just for kicks, wont kill as fast i know haha). What do you think of going infininity on merc and max holy freeze yourself with synergy? To obtain 3 auras causing pulse dmg that is.. Hmmm hmm 8)

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avantor View Post
    Hmm i was thinking of a pulse as main dmg (just for kicks, wont kill as fast i know haha). What do you think of going infininity on merc and max holy freeze yourself with synergy? To obtain 3 auras causing pulse dmg that is.. Hmmm hmm 8)
    The thing is, after 3 or 4 people join a game, your pulse damage starts to lose effectiveness. For NM, pulse damage kicks butt, but you'll find that unless your the only one in the game, in hell, you'll need more than just that. Maxing Holy Freeze and synergy takes even more skill points in an already skill point-intensive build. It could be done, and it could be pretty cool, but I much prefer to let my merc provide the Holy Freeze. You'll be doing about 5k average damage vs. the 4.25k of the regular. However, the regular build does about gains a 50% advantage over your alternative because of its level 25 Conviction. So you're looking at 5.25k for your build vs. 6.14k for the regular auradin. You're also more merc dependent and susceptable to IM malarky. On the other hand, you get one more aura, although it's slim-pickens between prayer, thorns, defiance, blessed aim, and might. But if you wanted Holy Freeze for pulse damage, it will only provide you with about 300 more damage.

IncGamers Member
    All valid points. Hmm I guess your build will overall be the best! But one more question, before i deciede to start gathering all this.. erm HRs lol. How is the killspeed compared to say hammardin, lighting sorc, javazon? I see alot of people comment its killingspeed with zealot but it would be interesting to know how it compared to other classes / completely other types of builds.

Think ill go and search on youtube if there exists a auradin vid 8))

Great guide, well made mate.

Cheers
    Avantor

IncGamers Member
    I can pretty much guarantee he won't kill quite as fast as any overpowered teleporter, like a Hammy or Sorc. Those all are concentrated on obliterating crowds and then zipping away to the next crowd. But they are less efficient with the stragglers and often take out the bulk and leave a few as mourners. The Auradin just beckons all to come taste their death with a big ol' middle finger via the pulse. He's also much more stalwart, being able to wade through the thick of things. And you'll find that his biggest strength is the lack of a weakness. There is nothing that he can't kill, and (if built/played wisely) nothing that can kill him.

IncGamers Member
    Hmm i seem to bomb you with questions it seems 8) But yet another question!

What is your view on 2x dreams hoj + dragon vs 1x dream 2x dragon and hoj? After meddling with some dmg calculators it seems a level 44 fire aura together with a low 15 light shock aura would slightly surpass the first alternative.

Same time dream seems like a better overall item, gotta love the nice resists (if you get a good roll haha).

Cheers
    Avantor

IncGamers Member
    Alright, here's the breakdown:
    2xDream Auradin
    ~3500 Lightning Dam
    ~1500 Fire Dam
    =5,000 Total Damage

1xDream Auradin
    ~3250 Fire Damage
    ~1360 Lightning Damage
    =4,610 Total Damage

The damages are close, but the real advantage lies elsewhere. First off, of the four elements, Fire has the most Immunes in Hell and Lightning has the least. This is kind of offset though, by the -20 enemy fire resists of HoJ. Second, the mods on Dragon suck; if it weren't for the Holy Fire, it would be practically useless. The strength is a nice bonus, but your shield will most likely be your heaviest item so it's kind of useless there. The best other mod would probably be CtC Hydra which (w/ Conviction) can be serve a functional addition to your attack. So with a 24% CTC on striking, they'll be popping up everywhere, good for your offense, bad for video card (my Auradin drops me out of games sometimes because my crappy processor can't keep up). And, finally, Dream has awesome mods: resists (yay!), life (yippee!), fhr (wahoo!), some lesser goodies (ehhhh), and one of your best defenses, CtC Confuse.

So, there you have it. Yet again, another good variant. But not my personal cup of tea.

IncGamers Member RichardMajicus's Avatar
    Hi, I've been using this auradin guide for quite some time and recently have revisited it while I work on gearing up a bit more. One of the major things I have issues with is the lack of resistances if you're not using merc with fanaticism. It generally requires you to cough up 40% more IAS to make up for it, and that usually means highlords instead of maras. Now, I was looking for possible alternatives, and I noticed that you can still pull 40% without the amulet. It would require you to use Sigon gloves and boots (30% ias from 2 set items) with a Nosferatu belt (10% ias). Some of the mods are decent from them (25 str, 17% ll, slows target 10%, 40% cold res), but the main point would be giving you the ability to use Maras for the extra skill point, 5 stats, and 20-30 resistances. I'm curious to see what people think about sacrificing the boots/belt/gloves (and technically speaking highlords) for this.

Also if Highlords suits, I found upped Tearhaunch boots to be somewhat useful for this build.

IncGamers Member
    Yes, resists can be a doozy if you have the top gear, and it can still be a nuisance if you do. One option is to find better gear with more resists. You can also reroll your dreams for better resists. But by far the easiest way to come about resists is with charms. You find resist charms all the way from Act 1 normal, so just use those and once you max resists you can start winnowing out the lesser resist charms so you have more inventory space.

Good call on those Sigon's gloves, but it seems like a lot to sacrifice for just some resists, when resists are so easily obtained from inventory. Plus you can get all sorts of goodies from the glove-belt-boot combo if you go my route (up to 25 CB, 15% damage reduction, magic damage reduction, 15 DS, up to 18% life steal, any mod that can spawn on rare gloves, and a few more nice goodies). But whatever works for you, works for you. So feel free to venture in different directions if it gets Baal's minions dead at the end of the day.

But freeing up that ammy slot could take you in some other directions, too. A chromatic ammy of amicae sure would do the build wonders defensively. By the way, what merc are you using?

IncGamers Member RichardMajicus's Avatar
    I'm working on an act 3 merc with the same basic gear as me (hoj, dragom, dream, and dream). I've noticed that one of the problems this most zealer base builds migh run into is torch fire causing you to get kicked out of the game? Not sure why that happens, but this may make it more appropriate to go for a lower attack speed with higher damage (maybe use Vengeance) as there will be less of a chance of the torch fire going off each hit.

IncGamers Member
    I don't advise act 3 merc's, because they'll only benefit you by providing pulse damage, which is unsynergized. That equates to a 43.5-45.5 Holy Fire pulse and a 1-278 Holy Shock pulse, which is puny even with your Conviction.

If you want something unique, you could try a Rift-a-merc.

I've heard what the problem of getting booted is basically your graphics card not being able to keep up with Bnet. I had the same problem because I had a really crappy video card. And Auradins are very graphically intensive. Between the pulses, hydras, firestorm, fast attack, holy freeze, confuse, and all the other little mods it really requires a lot.