Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Clerv's PvM Auradin Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Clervis View Post
    I dunno. Maybe you ran out of mana?
    I thought that, too, but I had a full globe at the time and when it happened on Baal he hadn't mana burned me at that point. Maybe it was something with the positioning checks at the time or something going on in the background, but whatever it was, it was weird. Ah well, no biggie.

In the end, I gotta say that this Rift/Dream hybrid has been one of the most fun characters I've built and really enjoy playing him. Right up there with my Ice Bowazon.

I made auradin again as I had HoJ, dragon, 2xDreams collecting dust at mule. And boy is he OP. I played through Hell straight through solo, no merc, and killed Baal at lvl80. 1 pt zeal and dracul's (Torch&Anni, 4 PC charms) as I pumped charge with pvp in mind. Now that I completed the game I grind duel rooms and p8 is no problem either. Minding the monsters' amp and fana auras all goes down smoothly.

Sadly for pvp this set up doesn't cut. I'd like to build a Daydreamer but might go V/T route straight away. Heck, I've 3 re-specs left so I try out both after obtaining couple more PCs.

IncGamers Member

Just got a bunch of wealth in d2lod so ill be finally doing an auradin. Pretty excited. Gonna go a different direction than this guide. Gonna use HoJ Berzerker Axe for the better range and will be using Vengence for the massive elemental dmg instead of zeal. Vengence doesnt change attack speeds so mass elemental dmg will be the key in this build. Hopefully smack all enemies in 1-2 hits. Going to be using 5%all resist scs to get better resists like (8) or so. Also will be using like (4) high pdscs. Gonna use 3 pcomb gcs for vengence dmg. Act2 defiance merc with holy freeze. Hows this sound to everybody? Demonlimb+spirit on switch or cta/spirit. just depends what my life looks like. Going to be lvl 85 before I put any stat or skill points in.

IncGamers Member

Alright, so Vengeance is based off weapon damage. So there are certainly better options than HoJ when it comes to Vengeance (BotD being the top, I believe). While Vengeance may not be slower than a regular attack, it is far slower than the Zeal of the Auradin. Because of this, Dreams will become just a small part of your damage output. Switching it out for something like Exile isn't a bad idea. If you're using Conviction as your main aura, Demonlimb isn't necessary as it doesn't provide any significant damage and AR doesn't matter because enemies' defense will be next to nothing. If you've got a bunch of wealth, you may find it wasted on some of the pricier Auradin options. Hope that helps.

IncGamers Member

Total noob question, but how does the resist fire/lightning synergize with the auras coming from gear? I thought synergies only worked with skills from the tree, not skills from gear.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaero View Post
    Total noob question, but how does the resist fire/lightning synergize with the auras coming from gear? I thought synergies only worked with skills from the tree, not skills from gear.
    Nope. They syngergize the same way as if you were actually using the same Holy Shock or Holy Fire as your main aura. +12%/+4% to Holy Shock for every point in Resist Lightning/Salvation, +18%/+6% to Holy Fire for every point in Resist Fire/Salvation, respectively.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the response.. Final question if you don't mind... I am trying to do the calculations to figure out the exact damage output given by my setup. I am getting slightly different numbers than you provided.

Regarding synergies, I thought only hard points provided synergy? In other words: the max synergy bonus you can get is 20pts. Any +skill items do not affect synergies. Am i right here or did i get bad information from someone?

For example you said Holy shock is providing 1-7005 damage fully synergized. My calculation shows this requires 27 points into Salvation and 26 points into Resist Light. If synergized are limited to 20pts, then the result is 1-5337:

Holy Shock 1-1668
    Resist Light (12% per lvl)
    Salvation (4% per lvl)

1668*.12*26+1668*.04*27 = 7005
    1668*.12*20+1668*.04*20 = 5337

After that I am trying to figure out what charms are best, and if I should pull points from elemental synergies to put into Zeal and Sacrifice. If synergies stop at lvl 20, then I have a ton of points to use elsewhere. I am thinking of loading up poison damage small charms. i dont need any more life, resists, or attack rating.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xaero View Post
    Thanks for the response.. Final question if you don't mind... I am trying to do the calculations to figure out the exact damage output given by my setup. I am getting slightly different numbers than you provided.

Regarding synergies, I thought only hard points provided synergy? In other words: the max synergy bonus you can get is 20pts. Any +skill items do not affect synergies. Am i right here or did i get bad information from someone?

For example you said Holy shock is providing 1-7005 damage fully synergized. My calculation shows this requires 27 points into Salvation and 26 points into Resist Light. If synergized are limited to 20pts, then the result is 1-5337:

Holy Shock 1-1668
    Salvation (4% per lvl)

1668*.12*26+1668*.04*27 = 7005
    1668*.12*20+1668*.04*20 = 5337

After that I am trying to figure out what charms are best, and if I should pull points from elemental synergies to put into Zeal and Sacrifice. If synergies stop at lvl 20, then I have a ton of points to use elsewhere. I am thinking of loading up poison damage small charms. i dont need any more life, resists, or attack rating.
    You are correct sir, but you forgot you get a synergy from Salvation as well (for both HS and HF). Charms come down to first maxing resists, second is life, third is max dam for more life leech, maybe. AR isn't necessary as you have both ITD and -92% enemy defense. As far as skills, get your Conviction to lvl 25, Holy Shield to where you're comfortable, max Resist Fire, Resist Lightning, Salvation. Your last points should probably be put into Sacrifice to increase your physical damage for leech and dual immunes. When I originally wrote this, Iron Maiden was still around so I tried to minimize physical damage. Now, it's a great compliment to your damage repertoire and only helps your offensive and defensive prowess. Anything else?

IncGamers Member

Thanks for responding to such an old thread. Not trying to knock your guide, it is awesome and my Auradin is doing great even in 8 player Hell chaos games. I am just trying to wrap my head around the calculations.

I included the 4% synergy from Salvation:

Holy Shock 1-1668
    Salvation (4% per lvl)

1668*.12*26+1668*.04*27 = 7005 <---Guide
    1668*.12*20+1668*.04*20 = 5337 <---20pt synergy ?

So you are saying my calc is correct and I should only put 20 pts in synergies AFTER +skills / Battle Command, right? (5337 Lightning, not 7005) That brings the elemental damage down, but allows a lot more points to be used in Sacrifice/Zeal/Holy Shield.

I know the Character damage screen is notorious for showing incorrect damage numbers.

In this case, my character screen is showing 1905-8927 for Zeal Damage

This calculator is showing 2195-7146

Which is right? What is the correct way to calculate this mess?

IncGamers Member

Disregard my last post.. I found I was forgetting to add the synergy back to the base damage: 5337+1668=7005