Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lendial View Post
    first off, awesome guide ive searched a while for a truly comprehensive blizz pvp guide and really nice avatar btw .
    Thanks.
    the chilling armour thing is incredible i cant believe it wasnt known earlier. i would have been happy if it blocks just arrows but it aparently blocks sorc spells and even traps. what is the chance to block projectiles or is it totaly random?
    It appears to be random, increased points spent on it doesn't appear to help the effect so it should be a fixed %, if it's linear no one has found out so far. Shiver also has the same effects to a degree, except it applies to melee.
    1)is 63 (70)fcr really doable? 9 frames just seems like it would be cripplingly low.
    You'd be at a huge disadvantage versus high fcr characters, but versus Smiters, Zealots, and the occasional pub bvc. It's doable, but speed > damage in almost all instances.
    2)i recently lucked out on 15cold nightwings and 15cold 3 blizz ormus so i thought id burn a little time makin a blizz sorc.
    I am planning to make a blizz sorc to mainly pvp but also other stuff and i was thinking prebuff memory staff/prebuff chilling armour, max telekenesis, max block eld'ed SS build. i want to be able to stand against bvc ,bowa charge/smiters and block along with strong tk/ES will make my sorc much more durable.

how would you say this build compares to pure vita no block route? how much life aproximately do you think id lose for the ability to fight physical damage classes much better(which is what i really want).
    Grats on the nice finds. That build is extremely doable, with high dr, max block, and a decent es, I'd say you'll be next to impossible for most barbs zons if played right. The ormus is perfect for such a build since resistances are not as important in an es build. You'll out tank vita sorcs in all situations with es (assuming theres no poison or open wounds involved). You'll lose quite a bit of life, but that's secondary in an es build. I'd recommend aiming for 2-2.5k mana and 1k life if possible.

Good luck.

do you think its worth it to spend 3 points into the cold armours? prebuffing them along with ES seems like a pain. you are trading some cold damage for a huge defense(gets pretty high with nightwing's defense) boost and the ability to dodge mele/ranged attacks randomly.

In my opinion, the three points allow for a lot more versatility. The defense won't get high enough to make a difference, but it might mean a few misses against the pub bvc.

thanks again ill start leveling her as soon as i have time.

Having trouble deciding whether to go max block or not.. If I go max block, do I have to go 105 fcr? I don't play aggressively and chase but defensively so I don't see if 105 fcr is really that needed to play defense.
    What do you think? I've been getting killed by bvc/zons

i would say that 105fcr is allways needed on any pvp sorc. Deffensive or offensive

IncGamers Member

Re: yuqing's Guide to PvP Blizzard Sorceresses (Revised, 1.11).

How would an ES 200FCR Blizz sorc do? Im thinking that the damg would be too low?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by JurY View Post
    How would an ES 200FCR Blizz sorc do? Im thinking that the damg would be too low?
    Definitely, you sacrifice Fathom and Nightwing's.

IncGamers Member

i have played d2 long time ago. seeing d3 is coming, i felt nostalgic and played d2 again.
    my old build was orb/ene shld type. i know that no matter how much absorb eneshld has if vit is base or low, you will still die no matter how big your mana pool is. sorceress has always been my main. i registered to present an idea, since you are the experts hope you could state the good and bad things about my idea.
    how about this?
    blizz sorc
    str 156 | dex item req | vit all | ene base or tweak
    icebolt,iceblast,blizzard,coldmastery - max
    glacialspike - 14
    1 pt wonder to all eneshld skill req = 5pt prerequisites + 1 for eneshld = 6pts
    eneshld would be lvl14 with battle command that's 65% absorb
    mana increases 71% with battle orders.

i'm thinking warmth regenerates blue faster than replenish life does with red.
    that's 65% that could be regenerated fast.
    on no red pots rule, that's 65% that could have been to hp where there's no chance for it to regenerate.

IncGamers Member

I have a question regarding the shields.

I assume the damage difference between a monarch with 4 facets and a spirit would be big.

Lets say I dont have the money to get a jewelers monarch of deflecting, and use the tower shield version with 3 facets in it. Im using this on a max dmg version of the blizz sorc. What will the damage difference be between 3 facets and a spirit?