Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Then repost that post :grin:
    I am also curious of your setup.
    Also, a question. How do you usually get your resistances up? Are you putting um's in helm and armor or what? I plan on using a spirit monarch or ss, as well as ormus, shako, frostburn, arachnid, ravenfrost (not only for cbf, but for dex as well), some other ring, maras or tals amu, some boots (using treks for the str add atm. Weapon still undecided, but it is basically between wizzy or occy, maybe eschutas but it has not the greatest mods for a blizzy.

Obviously my resists are crap (and stil llow if I use wizzy)
    Do you have any tips for me to improve my resistances?

IncGamers Member
    I'm kinda new but wouldn't using a spirit make it difficult to get the 75% block?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zarfen View Post
    Then repost that post :grin:
    Also, a question. How do you usually get your resistances up? Are you putting um's in helm and armor or what? I plan on using a spirit monarch or ss, as well as ormus, shako, frostburn, arachnid, ravenfrost (not only for cbf, but for dex as well), some other ring, maras or tals amu, some boots (using treks for the str add atm. Weapon still undecided, but it is basically between wizzy or occy, maybe eschutas but it has not the greatest mods for a blizzy.

Obviously my resists are crap (and stil llow if I use wizzy)
    Do you have any tips for me to improve my resistances?
    Tal's set with a ryhme shield.

With fanthoms, you need 10 more fcr from amulet or a ring. Is it better to use a 2skill,10fcr,mod,mod amulet or a 10fcr,20str,resist,life/mana mod mod ring? I plan on going max block. And also is fanthoms really really needed in duels? Huge difference?

Banned
    People don't seem to understand that blizzard doesn't need huge dmg to kill, cold mastery will takes away most people's resists. My tals/es blizz sorc only does 4k and can take most people in pvp without much effort.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatWasShockin View Post
    People don't seem to understand that blizzard doesn't need huge dmg to kill, cold mastery will takes away most people's resists. My tals/es blizz sorc only does 4k and can take most people in pvp without much effort.
    your dueling random noobies. any dedicated pvper will have enough resist for a blizz sor and suddenly your 10k blizz or w/e wont do so much damage anymore

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akumaxxyz View Post
    your dueling random noobies. any dedicated pvper will have enough resist for a blizz sor and suddenly your 10k blizz or w/e wont do so much damage anymore
    The people who get that res aren't dedicated, they are strange. Why not learn to kill someone while still being able to be hurt by them? Sorbing and negating someones damage is just a stupid way to play in my opinion. Having to stack 400+ res just to beat one person is boring. I don't really care if they do it, then I just get a different character and make them go back and forth to the stash 80x.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatWasShockin View Post
    The people who get that res aren't dedicated, they are strange. Why not learn to kill someone while still being able to be hurt by them? Sorbing and negating someones damage is just a stupid way to play in my opinion. Having to stack 400+ res just to beat one person is boring. I don't really care if they do it, then I just get a different character and make them go back and forth to the stash 80x.
    but you need to go back and forth to exit and rejoin the game 80x, that's even harder than them :grin:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfBloodBath View Post
    but you need to go back and forth to exit and rejoin the game 80x, that's even harder than them :grin:
    I can use 2 characters at the same time :grin:

Repost!

Generally pub has many different set ups, most common one IMO is this:
    Nightwing's (Facet)
    CoH/Upped Vipermagi, either um or ber
    Fathom (Facet)
    Spirit
    Maras or a nice rare ammy with 2 to Sorc, res, fcr and preferably str,life,etc but it's not necessary.
    2x SoJs or BKs
    Arachs
    Treks or if on non-ladder a nice tri-res
    Magefist/Trangs

Cta/Spirit on switch

9x GCs, Torch, Anni and 10x all res gcs.

You should have ber'd SS in stash for PDR, Hoto/Wizzy (15 res/15 -req)/Fcr rings with resistance and if you want, a bit of absorb. With this you will have stacked resistances and 105 breakpoint.

You can also have some other stuff in stash, but its not as common as the above or as needed. Doom for example, useful vs stackers and charge pally/bowazons, otherwise not needed and considered BM. A 20/-20 monarch for massive damage versus classes which would be too hard to kill otherwise, the occasional BvC comes to mind.

With fanthoms, you need 10 more fcr from amulet or a ring. Is it better to use a 2skill,10fcr,mod,mod amulet or a 10fcr,20str,resist,life/mana mod mod ring? I plan on going max block. And also is fanthoms really really needed in duels? Huge difference?
    Consider Vipermagi or Ormus for the FCR. If it comes down to the choice between ammy and ring, I'd prefer to have both, but if I had to pick, i would go with a nice 2 skill/fcr/res/mod ammy.

With Ormus, it's extremely hard to get resistances up. Look at your final resistances and -30 from anya quest. If it's an absolutely feeble amount, consider dropping the ormus for a CoH or Viper. If it's just a tiny bit low, switch the facets in nightwing/ormus or even fathom for um/15 res jewels.

Because it's hard for blizzard to hit 2x in a row, which is needed alot of the times versus certain chars. (es sorcs with high regain/wind druids) massive damage is required. You will find it extremely difficult to kill skilled players that can tank 2 or more hits. And I assure you, you will be tanked.