Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Optical Mice

Optical Mice

I had several optical mice throughout the years. After a little over a year, the left-clicker always get shoddy. It makes the clicking sound, but it doesn't register. I have to click really hard for it to count, and as a result, that sometimes registers as a double-click and it's really annoying. I believe this is a mechanical problem with the mouse.

Any way to fix this without getting a new mouse? Anyone else have this problem?

Mine has a similar problem with the left mouse button; but mine instead randomly registers 1 click as two.

It's very annoying to click on things and have them being highlighted, opened, unselected, opened twice....

sigh.

Wash your hands before you use your mouse, you filthy-fingered louts!

Quote Originally Posted by rare View Post
    Mine has a similar problem with the left mouse button; but mine instead randomly registers 1 click as two.

It's very annoying to click on things and have them being highlighted, opened, unselected, opened twice....

sigh.
    The highlighting is the worst. It takes at least three tries to highlight a phrase in full.

Any possible solutions?

Well last time I opened up my mouse I managed to fix the mousewheel, but I did notice that the clicking mechanism was relatively simple...it was literally the plastic button pressing down on these two tiny little sticks on each side (2 for left-click, 2 for right-click)

Aside from maybe opening up the little area where those 2 tiny sticks go in and see if theyre bent or jammed up...I'd suggest a new one.

if you have soldering tools you can swap the microswitches for the left and right buttons, if you dont mind your right button acting the way your right button does

How much is a new mouse? Sheesh.

IncGamers Member
    I've had the same problem as well, and worse, one of them is on a mouse that i've bought only 3 months ago as part of a wireless desktop set. That really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondrei View Post
    How much is a new mouse? Sheesh.
    I've often seen 'orb' units running as high as $600 USD, and those are similar pointing devices. The last gamer version I knew of, the SpaceOrb 360, runs between 100-200, if you can find one.

And yes, I want one.

Pay more than $20 and you're a sucker.