Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Glide wrapper

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. Did it only view the first tab opened to the forums?

i've used this wrapper for a couple of years (i've had some breaks in between) and theres nothing illegal about it, if anyone is concerned.)

Performance is boosted. AFAIK there is nothing unfair about making LoD run the way it was supposed to be. Constant 60 fps here. And the gfx (tho 8 yrs old) are way better looking than D3d mode.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crowd Control View Post
    Yeah, I've been wondering about that. Did it only view the first tab opened to the forums?
    It will probably show the action according to the latest mouse click on something. The forums cannot know which pages I'm keeping opened, after all.

Edit: OK, perhaps we shouldn't spoil this thread any longer with our OT :azn:

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Banned

I wanted to take it to the funky forum thread. Ah well this topic is closed I guess.

IncGamers Member

I tried the wrapper by Sven Labusch, but have a problem running it in full screen mode. It only shows a top-left portion of what should be the full screen. The portion is stretched out onto the whole screen.

I tried using the "desktop resolution" option but it doesn't look good and the aspect is off.

Can anyone help me?

Edit: I've figured out that the game (for me) will start out that way, but if I minimize it and maximize it again, it will display correctly.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Phoenixhawk: I think that we need a fuller description of your computer's setup. OS, Video Hardware, memory.....

I just installed it, and can recommend it to everyone! It runs smoother and looks a bit better (sharper image quality). Also my mouse-cursor turned smoother and faster!

Definitely worth doing for anyone with performance issues! It's a simple installation, copying files, and the performance boost is definitely noticeable. I'm getting around 50 FPS more in any given area, in Act I - Town it's about a 50% performance increase. It also has a slightly sharper image from what I can tell!

Also, I searched Googled and found that Ubuntu users are having MEGA performance increases.

When I try to run the game with the wrapper the games starts and you hear the music etc, but most of the screen is black. First you can partially see the d2 logo, but then it disappears. You can still blindly click in the menu and some graphics flashes when manage to click a menu option.

Anyone have similar problems with the wrapper or know how to fix it?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmah View Post
    When I try to run the game with the wrapper the games starts and you hear the music etc, but most of the screen is black. First you can partially see the d2 logo, but then it disappears. You can still blindly click in the menu and some graphics flashes when manage to click a menu option.

Anyone have similar problems with the wrapper or know how to fix it?
    activate WGL_ARB_render_texture in Extensions

edit: and the wrapper is awesome looks and runs better