Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    It helps my computer tremendously. The way it was explained to me though, is that D2 is designed to work with certain nVidia cards, and the wrapper simulates them.

IncGamers Member
    Sorry i didnt updated this earlier, but i never got any reply from blizzard about this subject (thats why i kinda forgot about it). I dont know why tho. Maybe sombody else has more luck.

I'm still using this wrapper and never had any problems with it.

Good luck with getting Blizz to reply. =/

Could you Pm me that url Pied?

Tnx.

Me as well if it boosts fps

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorny View Post
    Hiya omgmir,

Unfortunately, I cannot allow a link to that glide wrapper on the public forums, much as I would like to. Such a link would need to be approved by our webmaster; also we have some concern that Blizzard's Warden might detect and tag this plug-in as malicious. We'll see what might be done though.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to reply. Thanks. :smiley:

I will however, leave the thread open for any discussion on the subject.
    If it's about this one, the situation has changed some time ago and it has been mentioned in a few other threads already. That glide wrapper is not considered as an illegal hack on these forums. AFAIK, Blizzard said that they cannot guarantee that their anti-hacking measures will consider it as harmless.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    If it's about this one, the situation has changed some time ago and it has been mentioned in a few other threads already. That glide wrapper is not considered as an illegal hack on these forums. AFAIK, Blizzard said that they cannot guarantee that their anti-hacking measures will consider it as harmless.
    Agreed.

I'm ok with it being posted/talked about.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Re: Glide wrapper

I've installed the glide-wrapper, and I'm pleased that it fixed the problem I was having. In some parts of the game, Tal Rasha's chamber and the Chaos Sanctuary especially, I would have major slow down. However, now I get major slowdown for a few seconds every time that I maximize the game from being in the task bar. Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? I haven't changed any of the wrapper's settings.

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    I've installed the glide-wrapper, and I'm pleased that it fixed the problem I was having. In some parts of the game, Tal Rasha's chamber and the Chaos Sanctuary especially, I would have major slow down. However, now I get major slowdown for a few seconds every time that I maximize the game from being in the task bar. Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? I haven't changed any of the wrapper's settings.
    Try these settings:

Compatibility Mode : 98/ME

Disable Desktop Composition

Disable Visual Themes

Those are what I'm using while running the glide wrapper under vista, and I've encountered no problems.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Great, I'll try those. I just edit the dll file, right?

Edit: Okay, I just thought the wrapper had a place for its settings.

Edit: It seems to have worked, thanks. I'm using XP and there was no "Disable Desktop Composition" option.

Naw, just right-click your D2 shortcut, go to properties, and the compatibility tab.