Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    whats up xombie. not sure if you still remember me. I haven't played in a couple of years, back when soulless and tenken were still playing. nice to see your still carrying the torch. nice guide

Quote Originally Posted by arkitekt View Post
    whats up xombie. not sure if you still remember me. I haven't played in a couple of years, back when soulless and tenken were still playing. nice to see your still carrying the torch. nice guide
    yeah i remember you

what's upppppp

Great guide here, just finished building a vita nec based on this guide (Flawless_Skull)
    Couple of things i was wondering:
    1. I'm considering putting a point in weaken, because:
    Although it doesnt reduce dmg as much as decrep, it has huge range + longer duration. I figure this would be effective vs. chars like zons, bvcs, and especially against any melee chars in long duels. Opinion on this?
    2. In the screenshots of your nec's stats, is the life including the bonus from oak sage. 2.9k seems quite a bit higher than normal...

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnother View Post
    Great guide here, just finished building a vita nec based on this guide (Flawless_Skull)
    Couple of things i was wondering:
    1. I'm considering putting a point in weaken, because:
    Although it doesnt reduce dmg as much as decrep, it has huge range + longer duration. I figure this would be effective vs. chars like zons, bvcs, and especially against any melee chars in long duels. Opinion on this?
    2. In the screenshots of your nec's stats, is the life including the bonus from oak sage. 2.9k seems quite a bit higher than normal...
    1. Weaken isn't worth it since iirc it only reduces like 100 damage.

2. It's just my BO. No oak.

IncGamers Member
    Very nice guide indeed! I like the way you give an accurate discription about the how and why to deal with certain characters.

I've also got a few suggestions:

Against the 95% es Light sorceress, you could use an Ummed Widowmaker
    OW > Es sorcs in most cases. Even a slow fpa will work. (just require some good switching skills)

Second: I watched the Assassin movie, and saw you were playing 100% pure defensive. While it's a working strategy, I consider it to be extremely BM to play a Nec in that way. I think that strategy will work against ANY dueller, not just Assassins.
    Playing offensive is what defines a good dueller IMO. *applause for the ghost*

I kinda think a Hybrid assa would give you a much harder run for your money.

No offense though, I just think you shouldn't advise people to play purely offensive against ANY character. It just takes the fun out of duelling.

kind regards and a pat on the back for making the best guide I've seen so far,

/fung

Quote Originally Posted by Funguspower View Post
    Very nice guide indeed! I like the way you give an accurate discription about the how and why to deal with certain characters.

I've also got a few suggestions:

Against the 95% es Light sorceress, you could use an Ummed Widowmaker
    OW > Es sorcs in most cases. Even a slow fpa will work. (just require some good switching skills)

Second: I watched the Assassin movie, and saw you were playing 100% pure defensive. While it's a working strategy, I consider it to be extremely BM to play a Nec in that way. I think that strategy will work against ANY dueller, not just Assassins.
    Playing offensive is what defines a good dueller IMO. *applause for the ghost*

I kinda think a Hybrid assa would give you a much harder run for your money.

No offense though, I just think you shouldn't advise people to play purely offensive against ANY character. It just takes the fun out of duelling.

kind regards and a pat on the back for making the best guide I've seen so far,

/fung
    k well, you try playing offensive against a good offensive ghost/trapper and see how long you last =[

At most it'll be one/two spears before teleporting away. A random offensive nl/spear can only catch them off-guard so many times. Switching up between offense/defense works better with max block-which I wasn't in those videos. In fact, I actually encourage some tanking with a max block build. It's easier and saves you a bit of mana; you just have to be smart about it.

I'm sure you mean't defensive in that last sentence. Once again, it's really hard to go offensive vs. a good offensive ghost/bvc with a vita nec.

IncGamers Member
    This will allow the necro to minion stack and basically be untouchable by projectile without an area of effect ( spells with an AoE include: fireball and to an extent chain lightning etc). The reason it is BM because stacking with revives is considered too cheap and only really defeated by skills like leap or mind blast which can separate the nec from his army. However, after pvp penalties are factored in, there is not much loss in damage. In fact, it will probably be too miniscule for you to even notice.
    i pwn summonmancer's with my rabies wolf tho

Quote Originally Posted by hatemonkey View Post
    i pwn summonmancer's with my rabies wolf tho
    This is not a summoner. Xombie is just giving the option of having summons. Any bone nec with half a brain will just un summon and rain spirits on your head. If he's wants to be mean, he'll just prison you and kill you at his leisure. Bone nec > wolf.

IncGamers Member
    hey, very nice guide xombie, btw, I am taiwanese as well.
    I noticed that you listed many options for the gears; though, I am new to Bone PVP, is it possible that you can list the gear that you are using, and I will just follow that one? I understand that some crafted/rare items can be very hard to get, so its almost impossible to get the exact result. However, at least that I can get a feel of what i am kind of missing, thanks

IncGamers Member
    ah the days of 1.09 godly bone necros. It always seemed to me in public PKs no one knew how to handle my bone necro, except teleporting sorcs... :(.

Thanks for the guide helps a lot with which gear to put on.