Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mythos View Post
    Nice guide.

Maybe just add which mouse button your skills are hotkeyed to. Just to make it painfully obvious! I've just switched my spear to right click and it works very nicely for delayed tele-spear.

Good anti druid vid too. Druids are one of the harder opponents that a bone nec will meet, but also quite fun to duel, although I'm still getting the hang of running.
    I like teeth on left. I see teeth as more of a support spell that works best when used with spear/spirit. Thus, its easiest to put it on left and just shift click when needed.

You can delay telespear on right too.

DvN is probably the matchup I hate the most especially if the druid knows how to chainlock/cut you off/box you in with nados.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
    I like teeth on left. I see teeth as more of a support spell that works best when used with spear/spirit. Thus, its easiest to put it on left and just shift click when needed.

You can delay telespear on right too.

DvN is probably the matchup I hate the most especially if the druid knows how to chainlock/cut you off/box you in with nados.
    I use spirit/teeth on left and spear on right.

I've noticed that whenever I enter a pub game that I will always get hostiled by any windy or es sorc. Since, I started using your tactics v's windy's I've been doing better, but I agree, a good druid is a tough match up. I went about 50-50 with a decent one the other night, so I'm happy.
    Es sorc's still require gear switches, at which point, if I win, they cry:wink3: Most of these types aren't interested in a fair duel, they just want to exploit character mismatches.

Quote Originally Posted by mythos View Post
    I use spirit/teeth on left and spear on right.

I've noticed that whenever I enter a pub game that I will always get hostiled by any windy or es sorc. Since, I started using your tactics v's windy's I've been doing better, but I agree, a good druid is a tough match up. I went about 50-50 with a decent one the other night, so I'm happy.
    Es sorc's still require gear switches, at which point, if I win, they cry:wink3: Most of these types aren't interested in a fair duel, they just want to exploit character mismatches.
    If I'm pubbing, I just pray for the easy druids who just namelock and don't try to cut me off, etc. Those are easy =]

If the sorc wants to absorb 80+ % of my damage with ES, I'll just stack =]

IncGamers Member
    Nice guide..one suggestion. For your videos (mainly the chainlocking one), it may be better to use a microphone and verbally explain on how you're doing it. For players who aren't very strong at namelocking would have a very tough time trying to follow what you're doing in the videos.

IncGamers Member
    Personally, I went for utilites > raw power...

I got 1 in golem/mastery/resists, also Attract and Decrep

I'm suprised no one ever talks about attarct.. its an awesome PvM curse, to manage AI and increase the durability of your golem/merc by reducing the attacks they take. Since you can stack Attact + Amp/Decrep, it becomes a HUGE help in mobbing.

The Resists increase the durability of your golem, and with +skills makes it pretty decent.

Well, he did say it's a PvP guide.

What I'm curious about is the use of Decrep in PvP. I won't pretend I'm any kind of PvP veteran, but I intended my Acolyte to be effective at PvP.

Current Skills:
    max: teeth, spear, spirit, cage, working on wall.
    1 in armor and CS

1 in Decrep, IM and prereqs.

1 in clay, Gmastery and summon resists.

With this setup, I figured Decrep would be awesome for PvP because of the slowing effect, even though the duration is short. Yet I don't recall seeing you using it, or even discussing it in your guide (except one passing mention).

What are some veteran's opinions on the use of Decrep (in general or in specific cases) in PvP?

My guide has decrep.

Decrep. is useful if your opponent is slow or just standing there (i.e Zons)
    BvCs and Smiters are too fast to be decreped, so using it on Zons is the best idea.

IncGamers Member
    Tagging decrep on any opponent helps alot, because they are forced to teleport to avoid spirits, since now they can't outrun them. If I have a chance, I always try to hit Decrep on any opponent. The -speed has won me many fights.

The best Necro guide ever.

What about using Poison Nova using blackbog's in stash, using trang gloves for the 25% Poison Skill Damage, and all the plus skills with one point in lower resists. Would that do any considerable amount of damage?