Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

faster run walk breakpoint

ok...does any1 know what is the frw break point for amazon? what amount of frw%?

BattleTag yogirat-1916
    The FRW breaks for zons are the same as all other characters. It's too bad the strategy compendium is still down, I would have refered you to it. Basicly, it goes up in 5% increments with some diminishing (not real bad) returns. You do have to consider your armor and shield weight also. They add speed penalties.

so all characters have the same bp...ok
    btw i am a bowzon don't wear a shield
    i'll have a look the compendium when it gets up...
    i couldn't find that info anywhere on the internet...

edited by Dacar for language. please watch the language

Just to make it clear: No character has a frw-breakpoint!

The more the merrier, but at one point the returns are diminishing(the last time I heard atleast). What that point is, I dont remember, but someone here can elaborate on this better than me.

Speed while walking:

EffectiveWalkSpeed = BaseWalkSpeed * (1 + Skill_FRW / 100 + [Item_FRW * 150 / (Item_FRW + 150)] / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100)

where

* BaseWalkSpeed is 4 yards/s for all characters
    * Skill_FRW is skill based FRW minus slow effects
    * Item_FRW is item based FRW
    * [] indicates rounding down.
    * Armor_Speed is the sum of the speed reduction from armor and shield (a negative number). The reduction is -5 for medium armors/shields and -10 for heavy armor/shields.

Additionally, if EffectiveWalkSpeed < BaseWalkSpeed / 4, EffectiveWalkSpeed = BaseWalkSpeed / 4. Thus, there is a minimum cap of 1 yard/s for EffectiveWalkSpeed.

Speed while running:

EffectiveRunSpeed = BaseRunSpeed + BaseWalkSpeed * (Skill_FRW / 100 + [Item_FRW * 150 / (Item_FRW + 150)] / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100)

where BaseRunSpeed is 6 yards/s for all characters and other terms as above. Substituting EffectiveWalkSpeed into this formula, we get:

EffectiveRunSpeed = EffectiveWalkSpeed + BaseRunSpeed - BaseWalkSpeed

By entering the values of BaseRunSpeed and BaseWalkSpeed in the formula, we get:

EffectiveRunSpeed = EffectiveWalkSpeed + 2 yards/s

Additionally, if EffectiveRunSpeed < BaseWalkSpeed / 4, EffectiveRunSpeed = BaseWalkSpeed / 4. Thus, there is a minimum cap of 1 yard/s for EffectiveRunSpeed.

Speed while charging:

ChargeSpeed = BaseRunSpeed * (1 + Skill_FRW / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100) * 150%

where the terms are as above. By substituting BaseRunSpeed and multiplying it by 150%, we get:

ChargeSpeed = 9 yards/s * (1 + Skill_FRW / 100 + Armor_Speed / 100)

There is no lower limit to ChargeSpeed. It can be even negative.

All formulas courtesy of Tommi Gustafsson.

Unlike attack speed or cast rate, the result of the formula is in YARDS, not FRAMES. All of the frame-based formulas have breakpoints because frames has to be a whole number (i.e. an animation can take 2 frames, or 3 frames, but it can't take 2.37 frames). There is no requirement for *YARDS* to be a whole number (i.e. you can run at 2.37 yards per second), so the formula results in no breakpoints. It's sort of like the Magic Find formula- both suffer from diminishing returns, but neither has any breakpoints. Every percentage of FR/W and Magic Find is an improvement over the percentage before.

to continue a bit on that.(sorry I am new to amazon's world)

frw from skills (BoS = assa, vigor = pala) are more effective than frw from items. For a Zon, generally what is the wanted frw from items. Indeed they do not tele due to the low cast rate, they do not have frw from skills so...

Moreover, it looks to me that the animation of the druid run is really slow compared with amazon's one, still with the same equip they run as fast or is it just optical effect? (not talking about werewolf)

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar
    yeah it's just like ias from skills is more effective than ias from other sources... hence eias.

here is a cool graph of faster run walk dimishing returns courtesy of Virtuous.
    http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?i...iminishba3.jpg

crawling that's great helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by SSoG View Post
    Unlike attack speed or cast rate, the result of the formula is in YARDS, not FRAMES. All of the frame-based formulas have breakpoints because frames has to be a whole number (i.e. an animation can take 2 frames, or 3 frames, but it can't take 2.37 frames). There is no requirement for *YARDS* to be a whole number (i.e. you can run at 2.37 yards per second), so the formula results in no breakpoints. It's sort of like the Magic Find formula- both suffer from diminishing returns, but neither has any breakpoints. Every percentage of FR/W and Magic Find is an improvement over the percentage before.
    If we're being picky, this isn't entirely correct. However, the "breakpoints" are so close, at least untill you get up into the hundreds range (more likely with mf), so you might just as well ignore them.

While the final result isn't truncated, this bit...
    Code:
    [Item_FRW * 150 / (Item_FRW + 150)]
    ...the bit that your gear can actually affect, is truncated. Thus, 70% frw is no better than 69% frw.
    As I said, however, these "breakpoints" are really close, and the difference doesn't reach 5 untill around 200% frw.

Quote Originally Posted by zeskelnec View Post
    Moreover, it looks to me that the animation of the druid run is really slow compared with amazon's one, still with the same equip they run as fast or is it just optical effect? (not talking about werewolf)
    It's just an optical illusion. An Amazon and Druid who are equipped with exactly the same gear will both run at exactly the same speed. Likewise, a Werebear druid runs as fast as a Werewolf druid, who runs as fast as an Unshifted druid... although it *LOOKS* like the Werewolf is racing along and the Werebear is just lumbering along.