Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 322 of 340 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3397
    BattleTag Zarski843

Re: Movie Review thread.

Identity Thief (2013)
    Rating: 4/10
    Fun: 4/10

A hard working family man in Colorado discovers that someone in Florida stole his identity, spent a large sum of his money, and was arrested on charges which compromised his position at a new job.

I don't know about everyone else, but this movie seemed absolutely hilarious from the previews. I didn't think it was possible to be that wrong about an impression about a movie, it had a handful of moments where I actually laughed, but there were so many stretches that just were just one awful failed joke after another. This movie failed in every single dimension...it wasn't very funny, the story (aside from the basic plot that I mentioned) was flat out awful, the little sentimental and serious parts were super uninteresting, the acting was awful all across the board, etc. The trailers basically captured all of the remotely funny parts of the movie, but when you're watching a comedy and you're like 30 minutes into it, and you find yourself thinking "alright so when is it going to start being funny" is a bad sign. If I were watching this movie alone, I would have turned it off about halfway through. Which is a shame, the basic concept of the movie was funny, but everything about it fell super short. Like I said I laughed a few times, but it just wasn't a very good movie at all. I would recommend people steer clear of this one.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

I will still see it anyways just for myself. But that sucks to hear. :/ Was looking forward to Identity Theft.

REALLY want to see this one:

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

is The Purge the one where rich people are rich enough to avoid the awful plot device and we're supposed to care that for once they actually have to deal with it?

BattleTag Zarski843

Side Effects (2013)
    Rating: 8/10
    Fun: 7/10

A psychiatrist prescribes a woman a combination of an anti-depressant and a new test drug to help with her depression after a suicide attempt. The woman unknowingly kills her husband during a sleep walking spell caused by the medication, which leads to the psychiatrist to come under legal fire.

After the 6 years of school, I had no other choice but to become a psychology nerd. So I was intrigued by the movie, and honestly I was really enjoy the first 70% of the movie. That being said, the movie was actually a little slow, so I don't think the movie is for everyone, it had a very Lifetime Special Presentation feel to it. But on the flipside, the movie was very intriguing in terms of the plot and characters. On top of that, the acting was exceptional all around, and I think this movie really highlight the acting potential of Jude Law. Well like i said, I enjoyed the first 70% of the movie, without any spoilers, but the last 30% of the movie slowly started slipping away into a Hollywood/Lifetime mess and it got significantly less interesting. On the other hand, I heard the opposite from a few other people, they hated the beginning but it got really interesting at the end. For me it just felt a little too cliche, instead of staying with this psychology/legal drama theme, it gets into this really soap opera twist. If it had kept the way it was at the beginning, the psychology nerd in me would have absolutely loved it, but the ending really took away from it all. Overall, I think its still a great movie, but its definitely not for everyone.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    is The Purge the one where rich people are rich enough to avoid the awful plot device and we're supposed to care that for once they actually have to deal with it?
    Yup. /Lana Kane

Epic (2013)
    Rating: 10/10
    Fun Rating: 10/10

Okay, so if you love animation/cartoons (as I do) you will definitely want to see Epic! The story starts off with a girl going to live with her eccentric father. Her father is convinced there are little people in the woods and has been working damn near all her life to try and fin them. She ends up getting sucked into their world and thus begins adventure!

I LOVED this movie. I saw it with a date and we were laughing the entire time. The dialogue was amusing and fun, I thought the plot was good for a fantasy story, there was a good cast. The artwork was incredible and beautiful. There was a lot of action and adventure. My inner child was happy. So, again, if you like cartoons/animation, this is a movie you should def go see!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Checking out the movie release schedule this summer.

BattleTag Zarski843

This Is The End (2013)
    Rating: 5/10
    Fun: 9.5/10

A group of celebrities are invited to James Franco's house for a party when what appears to be the apocalypse occurs.

This movie was flat out ridiculous in the best possible way. Basically all of the actors in this movie play fictional versions of themselves, or basically a hybrid of all the characters they have played in their other movies. You can tell a lot of the movie consists of improv acting, so in a sense the movie feels like it is the product of a hang out session of all the actors putting their minds together. Some people will love that, some people will hate that, personally I thought it was hilarious because of how natural some of the interactions felt rather than forcing a script. So take that as you wish, while none of the actors are really known for their acting, they are known for the characters and the typical role that they play. And it was great just hearing them comment on each others' movies. On top of that, the movie is loaded with cameos, which was a really cool feature, but unfortunately they were poorly timed because the vast majority of the cameos occur at the same time and then they end at the same time. Regardless, you can expect a few surprises. Honestly the entire movie feels like something a group of friends put together, just add in some Hollywood special effects here and there. That means that the plot is absurd, the progression is absolutely ridiculous, its so random that its hard to wrap your mind around what is happening, and its just over the top stupid. So if you want an intelligent well thought out comedy, you won't get that at all here, and if you hate the majority of the actors in this movie, then you won't like this movie. I went with the perfect group of friends and I am still thinking back about many scenes, and I sort of want to see it again. As a movie, its pretty bad, simply because its so random, it tries to force a story, the unscripted approach to so many scenes feels like its hard to even take it as a serious movie that you would see at a movie theater, and its just flat out stupid. But personally, I think its amazing when we can break away from being serious and mature all the time, and this capitalizes on that departure from being serious. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I laughed throughout the entire movie, and I recommend it to those just wanting to have a good time.

I haven't seen the top two of these (Dark City and Primer). I concur with the low three as "underrated", though that doesn't mean "good" or even "great".

5. Silent Running
    4. GATTACA
    3. Serenity
    2. Dark City
    1. Primer

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

1. Primer - I've watched it twice and I still don't know what it is about. I like it, though.
    2. Dark City - wonderful, dripping with style and it's got William Hurt in it FFS. Just watch it.
    3. Serenity - joyful, superb, it single-handedly reversed my opinion of Firefly (which I initially disliked)
    4. GATTACA - excellent, under-stated, rather moving ... a great film
    5. Silent Running - haven't seen this in many years so I don't know how well it's worn, but it brought a tear to my eye back in the day.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I don't know Primer but I'm a fan of the other 4 films