Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 333 of 340 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3397
    IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Re: Movie Review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I can't give you my sympathy because you voluntarily exposed yourself to this awful pile of ****, perhaps even contributing to its mild financial success which, in turn, means a sequel is likely. May the Invisible Pink Unicorn have mercy on your sparkles, good sir.
    I couldn't even sit through the trailer, how do people watch these things?

IncGamers Member

It has a good premise that modern folk are desperate for. But like Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, nothing is done with the premise.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer LXXVII View Post
    The Foot Fist Way (2006)
    I loved this movie. Esp. the end at the bleachers. Best way to break up with someone. One of them.

BattleTag Zarski843

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I loved this movie. Esp. the end at the bleachers. Best way to break up with someone. One of them.
    My favorite part was his freakout on the telephone lol, HOW ABOUT I GRAB MY SHOTGUN

BattleTag Zarski843

Killing Them Softly (2012)
    Rating: 4/10
    Fun: 6/10

Two thugs capitalize on an opportunity to rob the leader of a poker ring by making it appear that the job was done by somebody else. A mafia hitman is hired to track the two thugs down.

With such a HUGE cast of stars and a pretty gritty looking movie you would expect it to be pretty good, right? That was my impression, but I swear this movie just felt like a 90 minute slap to the face. The main problem with the movie is the plot, because its not a very complex story, and the characters aren't complex at all either, but the movie is insanely confusing. I was lost for probably well over half of the movie, and I think it is because probably 80% of the movie consisted of pointless dialogue between the characters and was completely unrelated to anything that was going on in the movie. I think there was like a 5-10 minute scene between two characters talking about prostitutes and whether or not someone slept with his girl from years ago, and it literally added nothing to the movie, at all. This felt like the trend throughout almost the entire movie, it was just conversations that added nothing to the plot. On top of that, I think there was some underlying political message as well that I didn't full understand. Its a real shame too because the movie was VERY well made. The acting was excellent all around, from the huge stars to the random characters, it all felt extremely believable. The movie just felt extremely dark and gritty, something that most crime movies are lacking. The movie even had some really well made scenes, I mean this movie captured a beatdown better than any movie I've seen in years. I was really enjoying the first 30 minutes of the movie because I was waiting for the actual plot to begin, then I remember at 45 minutes I was checking how much was left in the movie because it felt like it was going nowhere, and 60 minutes in I was just confused and bored because the positive aspects of the movie felt horribly pointless. I wasn't looking for a movie where they spoon feed the plot to you, but this was the exact opposite, where you have to sift through all of the irrelevant nonsense to try to piece together the basic plot. Incredibly disappointed with this movie, and I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

So I was random walking and bumped into a old Buddys Post Guy.

Thread: Hostel (Movie)

Carino is old school in these old Movie review posts.
    Thread: Wolf Creek

Old stuff.

BattleTag Zarski843

RED 2 (2013)
    Rating: 8/10
    Fun: 8.5/10

A group of retired CIA operatives must track down a weapon of mass destruction that was hidden away during the Cold War, before it falls into the wrong hands.

As a big fan of the first movie, I was excited to see this one. While I think the first one was better because it felt like it had a little more purpose, this movie still had the fun and excitement that made the first movie great. Not saying the plot was great in the first movie, but the plot in this one was extremely bland. Out of retirement again, they have to stop a nuclear bomb from getting into the wrong hands, and Moses is dealing with some communication issues in his marriage. That summarizes the entire story. But the comedy and the action that made the first one so much fun is back. I think they toned down on the over the top action sequences because they're far less frequent, but they're just as extreme. And even though the characters aren't really deep, they're all really likeable, and they really make the movie so much more enjoyable. Its not a very serious movie, its really light hearted and you can't take it too seriously, but that being said, I had a blast with it. I would gladly rewatch RED and RED2 again in the near future. I'm not sure how successful they were, but I can definitely say that they are very good fun movies.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    Teen sci-fi

Score: 8/10 (given before I noticed IMDB; RottenTomatoes puts it at 89%)
    Stars:Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amanda Plummer

I'll find it simpler to discuss what's NOT right about this movie:

- It's a second-act sequel, which often makes for a weaker storyline, yet as with The Empire Strikes Back, it's actually far stronger than the original. I suspect this is because not only is the casting even stronger, but the plot is actually a bit more meaty. Apparently the budget was far higher, which probably helps.

- It's hurried. It keeps pace with the book, yet when my wife picked my son & I up at the theatre, she said, "an hour and a half, huh?". I didn't even realize that run time is 146 minutes! I suspect the pacing issues are because of the need to try to establish characters, which are a mix from the first book/movie, and then a whole new cast for the new "game". Additionally, there's a lot of "thinking" which requires exposition, and while it isn't as well done as that of LotR, there are words which must be put in mouths. Still, I didn't notice the passing of so much time in an <active> sense; I wasn't glancing at my watch. It worked despite the short-cuts, such as complete elimination of a secondary sub-plot which I expect will require additional exposition in the last of the trilogy.

At this point, I went onto RottenTomatoes and looked to see other criticisms that I'd concur with. There weren't, and I was surprised. The only negative review is by one of those douche-y types who strains to find something nasty to say about everything. Plus, the only reasonable criticism he had (in addition to the two I identify above) is more or less that it was girlish? Hello? WTF isn't there to understand about marketing to both sexes of the teen market? After the success of Leo's favourite movie, who in Hell can't figure out that there's disposable income to be harvested from the teeny-bopperettes?

Sure, the love triangle crap can be stupid & boring, but here it really isn't, nor is it overdone - I recall one reviewer saying that the temptation to use (beefcake) loverboy is not given into and that he is used sparingly, and I found that true; the semi-unrequited love interest ("Peeta", in other words Peter) is certainly strung along but there's not an inordinate amount of pointless kissy-face or teasing in that regard.

BattleTag Zarski843

Killing Season (2013)
    Rating: 7/10
    Fun: 8.5/10

A former Serb soldier tracks down a former American soldier who was part of NATO's involvement in the Bosnian War in the 1990's.

I am a little torn about this movie. Plot-wise, the movie was COOL, but it was stupid. I'll be honest, my familiarity with the Bosnian War is really limited, but I heard that a lot of people were upset about the inaccurate information presented in the movie. Its hard for me to speak about it, and I understand why people are upset about false facts being thrown around about such a sensitive subject. But the plot was very passive, it wasn't good by any means, but it was good enough to get you interested and sort of care about the characters. The movie was mainly driven by its action and one vs one setup, which I thought was pretty cool. Basically the entire movie is a battle between two characters in a forest, which to me was a very cool concept. On top of that, they're fighting each other with bows, and are using various survival techniques, so its kind of like Rambo vs Rambo. What really bothered me about the movie was the characters. They have two amazing actors for the two main roles, Robert Dinero and John Travolta, but their performances were bad for the most part. I mean John Travolta's accent was not convincing at all, and Robert Dinero spoke with his normal enunciation for most of the movie, but there were segments where he would randomly have a country accent. Then they also tried to make the characters seem very complex, but by the end of the movie you realize that you can read almost everything about both characters on the back of the DVD box. And by the end of the movie, you're just left with this really disappointed feeling about the story. It just felt, I don't know. But...I liked the movie? I think from an action and thriller perspective, it was pretty good, and I really enjoyed it from start to finish in that aspect, but everything else was a little rough. Hard to say, I'd recommend this movie to other people because I truly enjoyed it, but I can see a lot of people being disappointed in it, especially since you have two incredible actors starring in the two main (and only) roles.

BattleTag What Me Worry?