Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 332 of 340 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3397
    BattleTag Zarski843

Re: Movie Review thread.

Bad Grandpa (2013)
    Rating: 8/10
    Fun: 8.5/10

Johnny Knoxville, from Jackass, poses as his infamous character, Irving Zisman in a bunch of real life scenarios with hidden cameras. He has to take his 8 year old grandson across the United States so that he can be with his father, after his mother goes to jail for drug charges.

I honestly think the most entertaining part of the entire movie was watching the reactions of the people passing by all of the shenanigans. I think this was the perfect Jackass "character" to get his own movie, just because people are so appalled when an 80 year old man is doing some really absurd things. The movie is presented similar to Borat, where some scenes are just acting and narrating the story, while other scenes are real life pranks that were incorporated into the story. While I think its a cool way to present it, I think that really hindered the experience of the movie because it seemed like they really limited themselves in what they did. I'm not going to say I didn't laugh, I was laughing just about start to finish, but it just felt like they could have done way more with it than they actually did. Some pranks were so quick and undeveloped that it was really hard to appreciate them. I guess that is what the DVD will be for...loaded with like 3 hours of additional scenes, an another 2 hours of bloopers/gag reel. Usually the DVD for Jackass movies is the ultimate experience. But that being said, Johnny Knoxville was hilarious, some of his spontaneous lines are just unbelievably hilarious. He always did these types of pranks very well because of his quick witty remarks. I really enjoyed the movie, I laughed start to finish and I would highly recommend it to Jackass fans and fans of immature humor, but I just expected a tiny bit more out of it.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Trailer Time - I remember reading this as they came out originally and this was the best story arc IMHO.

BattleTag Zarski843

The Heat (2013)
    Rating: 7/10
    Fun: 9/10

An FBI investigator is placed on a case that is being worked by a reckless and rude Boston PD investigator. The two must overcome their differences to crack the case.

I wasn't terribly excited for this movie because the trailers just looked like a cheesy PG-13 police partner movie. I wasn't aware that this movie was rated R, and within the first 10 minutes I was blown away at the constant f-words, and there was one particularly gross gory scene in the movie as well. Totally hit me by surprise. Another surprise, the movie was actually hilarious and had some amazing dialogue from time to time. I really wasn't expecting to laugh much at all, but the two lead actresses did an amazing job in regard to their acting and their on-screen chemistry. There was some absolutely hilarious and memorable moments. But if I had to describe this movie, it would have to be awkward. Everything was just weird, the story felt so insanely forced, the drama was so dry that I wasn't sure if it was trying to be funny or not (I know its a comedy movie, but even the plot just felt senseless and stupid), some jokes were WAY too forced, and any character other than the two stars had some of the lamest actors imaginable. On top of that, the mismatched cop duo having to work together to solve a case thing has been done way too many time now. Everything just felt awkward about the movie, even the choice in music and the generic action music. But...it was...funny. I guess the poor directing really hindered this movie from being a knock out comedy. But that being said, I really enjoyed it and I had some really good laughs. I recommend it to those wanting a good comedy, just be prepared to laugh a lot, but then notice how bad the movie is outside of the dialogue/chemistry.

BattleTag Zarski843

The Purge (2013)
    Rating: 2/10
    Fun: 6/10

In 2022, unemployment is at less than 1% and crime is almost nonexistent because of a yearly "purge", in which all crimes are legal for 12 hours for one night. This is the story of a family trying to survive through a night gone wrong.

Coming into this movie, I knew it wouldn't be a GOOD movie, I thought it would just be an entertaining popcorn movie. Which is what it ended up being, however, it was loaded with so many problems that I just couldn't get over. Again, I wasn't expecting a top class movie or anything, but at the same time, I wasn't expecting a high school film project grade movie either. The plot was just terrible, the characters were all so unbelievable and unconvincing, I just couldn't get past those things. Like I said, I wasn't expecting a realistic movie, I was really expecting a violent thriller. But considering that a family is trying to survive a home invasion, and they are all ALONE for 75%+ of the movie, and constantly run off in their own direction, or stop caring about their family members, or other just ridiculously unbelievable behaviors, it really gets in the way of the experience. The thriller part of the movie begins early, but doesn't really get intense until the last 20-30 minutes, so you spend a lot of the time watching those ridiculous decisions and wondering "why didn't he just", "why don't they", "wouldn't they just". That and there is almost no point for several of the characters, some of them are in the movie JUST to die, for no reason, and not die in a cool dramatic thriller kind of way, but just a basic death. Another thing is that the killers in the movie are basically really successful and intelligent people, but for ONE night a year they act like insane psychopaths. It just doesn't make sense. Couldn't they just make the killers a group of thugs? That would be a little more believable. Even the plot twists weren't exciting because they were just so stupid. I really just could not get into the movie at all because everything about it was so dumb. Then once the movie kind of starts to pick up speed, it ends. Out of nowhere, its morning, the purge is over, movie is over, the end. The movie really felt like it was made for a high school film project. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, there wasn't a single good thing about the movie. Ethan Hawk must either be in a tough financial position in his career, or the producers used 90% of the budget on getting him to sign the contract.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Saw the new Thor movie today. Much better than the first. A lot of fun.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Yea Thor was fun, I enjoyed it, I hope it starts a streaking fad at stonehenge. I would've liked more Eccleston, but they piled the makeup on and distorted his voice so I barely knew it was him.

I also saw Ender's Game last week which wasn't bad, seemed like it had every child star from the last few years in it and they all turned in pretty good performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer LXXVII View Post
    The Purge (2013)
    I can't give you my sympathy because you voluntarily exposed yourself to this awful pile of ****, perhaps even contributing to its mild financial success which, in turn, means a sequel is likely. May the Invisible Pink Unicorn have mercy on your sparkles, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer LXXVII View Post
    Couldn't they just make the killers a group of thugs?
    No, they already remade Assault on Precinct 13. Ethan Hawk was in that atrocity too.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Trailer Time - I remember reading this as they came out originally and this was the best story arc IMHO.

Probably a lot of deleted scenes where Wolverine growls so hard he has to go change his pants.
    OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Probably a lot of deleted scenes where Wolverine growls so hard he has to go change his pants.
    At least he does not apologize for it.

BattleTag Zarski843

The Foot Fist Way (2006)
    Rating: 6/10
    Fun: 7.5/10

A small town martial arts instructor faces personal issues at home which bleeds over into his work life at the Tae Kwan Do gym.

I saw this because Danny Mcbride is in it, and it looked like Danny Mcbride humor (plus it was written by the guy behind Eastbound and Down). The movie started off exactly what I imagined it to be like, basically like a low budget Eastbound and Down style comedy about an overly arrogant guy. I found myself laughing a lot at the first 50% of the movie because it was just stupid, but the second half of the movie felt a little too serious and a little too forced. I just found the second half of the movie to be a little boring and it really lost my interest. But all in all, it had some really hilarious scenes. The humor was a little awkward, but it was obviously the style of humor they were going for. Think of the weird awkward humor from Napoleon Dynamite, its basically the same thing, just rated R. So expect some strange characters, weird interactions, and a plot that is so dumb that it suits both the characters and dialogue. While I enjoyed the movie, the second half started to lose my interest. Either way, this is a movie that is to be enjoyed with a group of friends. Its not humor for everyone, but fans of the weirdness will enjoy it.