Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 330 of 340 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3397
    IncGamers Member

Re: Movie Review thread.

I didn't see what all the hot fuss was about concerning Hot Fuzz. It's one of these ADHD movies where every character motormouths their lines, actors eagerly waiting their turns to blurt perfectly without thought or delay, most unnatural and sitcom like. Worse, the lead gets all psyched and macho, armed to the teeth and seething with blood lust, only to
    Spoiler

Maybe I'm jaded, but some jokes need time to settle, time to develop and work. It can't just be "next, next, next" like a joke buffet.

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

The first time I watched Hot Fuzz I wasn't totally into it, but a friend told me it requires a second viewing, so I caved and watched it again, some time later. Totally worth it. You notice all of these subtle hilarious details all of the fun nods to Point Break and Bad Boys and such.
    Then I just won't b​other!

IncGamers Member

Maybe he starts off opposed to violence, but he clearly goes through a character arc to become a killing machine, giving in to the template heroes he sees in Bad Boys 2, etc. At least, the movie promises he's become a killing machine.
    Spoiler

I did enjoy the helicopter shot from Bad Boys, etc, but the characters felt like mere line deliverers. People talk about how perfect the script and timing is, but this artificiality actually ruins it for me.

BattleTag Zarski843

Oblivion (2013)
    Rating: 8/10
    Fun: 7/10

In the distant future, the world was destroyed after a nuclear war between humans and an alien race. Many years later, large mechanical structures are set up to suck up the ocean's water to power a distant space station. Two humans are sent down to Earth to protect the drones that protect the machines.

I think the best part about this movie was that I knew nothing about it going in, and its essentially a science fiction mystery movie, so you learn as you go. The downfall of a movie like that is that you're left in the dark for the majority of the movie while the character is figuring things out, which is a cool concept, but there were a few instances that just felt like there was either too much information at once, or the information wasn't elaborated as well as it could have been. Granted that the movie was about 2 hours long, and it felt long because there were several slow moments, but I think the time could have been spent better explaining everything. I don't want to make the movie sound bad, because its really not, and the plot itself was excellent as well, however it was confusing. Even at the end of the movie, I still feel like I am misunderstanding some key concepts. But in a way, that's really cool because it made you think, it really took you on an adventure so it felt like you're with the character learning things as you go. Aside from the sometimes confusing story, the directing was incredible. Visually, this movie is extremely impressive. Everything from the aged Earth's decay to the science fiction technology of the setting, everything simply looked incredible. Additionally, I'm not one who notices music in movies all the time, but I really liked the "futuristic" (I guess that's a good word to describe it) style of the music in the movie, everything was very suiting. The acting was good, but at the same time none of the roles really required any kind of convincing acting. The setting honestly reminded me a little bit of the game Halo, everything from the visuals, to the vehicles, to the creatures, to the setting, to the locations, etc. In fact the entire movie sort of felt like a videogame. I really enjoyed the movie, and I recommend it to science fiction fans. But it did have it's share of flaws, particularly around the presentation of the story, and some of the longer slow parts of the movie. I guess I'm not a fan when I feel confused at the end of a movie, and I really don't think its just me. Great movie though.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    I just saw it tonight. I liked it, I was laughing all the way through. As a stand alone film it is a solid 8/10 for me, but going along with the rest of the Trilogy, I'd say it was the most lacking of the bunch. Definitely different from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, so don't go in expecting those and expect something a little more serious.
    I completely agree. I was expecting something more along those movies and not something so serious.

BattleTag nurman-2854

KUMARE 2011

10/10
    (Hard to rate as "fun", because in a way, it is a very sad movie)

An amazing true documentary film about an American man named Vikram Gandhi, who becomes a fake guru.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well that was a surprise

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Lol! Got a good chuckle out of that one. Poor guy :/

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Lol! Awww. Kegsy is right. Poor dude.

White House Down (2013) "It's the President. He's got a rocket launcher!" That was just wonderfully stupid. Biggest smile after watching a film that I can remember.