Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 328 of 340 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3397
    BattleTag Zarski843

Re: Movie Review thread.

The Room (2003)
    Rating: 0/10
    Fun: 7/10

A woman has sex with her fiance's best friend a few months prior to the wedding because she is getting bored of the relationship.

This is the equivalent of Mega Piranha, except unlike the movies on SyFy, its not an action or science fiction movie, its a romance drama about a love triangle. But its the same caliber movie as Mega Piranha, although I found it to be much less enjoyable. Well for starters, the acting is so bad that its almost painful to watch, I can typically live with bad acting if something else makes up for it, but the acting was flat out terrible, especially from the actor who plays Johnny. So bad, that after the movie was produced he went back and dubbed over his own voice, and its really obvious because the words and lips are out of syn and out of tune with the scene. Its just hilarious. The actor who plays Johnny is also the director of the movie, which was also painfully bad. Very awkward story telling with tons of unnecessary scenes, things that shouldn't be funny are absolutely hysterical, terrible story development, terrible character development, just everything is flat out horrible. The movie has some interesting backstory about the director's development of the movie, lots of funny information can be found on Wikipedia. Bottom line, the movie sucks, and its not just an opinion, anyone can watch it and tell you how bad everything about it really is. However, watching it with friends is an absolute blast (just like it is with those SyFy movies). If you can convince a few friends to get together to watch it simply to just laugh out loud at how awful everything is, then by all means do it. I laughed al lot during this movie, but for all the wrong reasons.

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

Literally one of my favourite movies. I highly recommend a viewing in a theatre, the most fun I've had at a theatre ever.
    Then I just won't b​other!

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

I haven't gotten caught up in any hype or anything, but I have tried to psyche myself up into actually being willing to watch some of these movies, like Man of Steel and Pacific Rim, but then nobody I knew actually wanted to see them so it was all wasted effort.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Saw Magic Mike the other day. I didn't finish it so I can't give it a proper review, but I can tell you this: from this female's perspective, it was boring. I never realized how important ambient music is in a movie and this flick pretty much had none. The acting was flat, some of the dance choreography was flat, no action, one scene that went on for a bit too long that was sorta pointless, Matthew McCounghney (however you spell that man's last name!) was the most entertaining character out of the entire movie and he's a minor character (from what I saw), what was the plot again? I felt like this movie had a lot of potential and could have been better but it's not. Nice man meat and some dance moves but I stopped watching this and turned on USA network. Even my 6ay brother was like, "Yeah, this movie sucks. It's boring."

Go watch Striptease or The Player's Club if you want a movie about strippers. Both have way more action and better plots than Magic Mike.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Wolverine.

This still does not explain why the movie version of him is 6 foot 2 inch's tall?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    The Lorax
    Score: 1/10
    Rented it on iTunes because the female wanted to see it. Was thinking if we started the movie at midnight she would be stuck in my room, and we might as well get around to other things while she was there. The Lorax is terrible foreplay. Landed solidly on second base.
    2/10.

Sharknado
    10/10
    A true cinematic marvel. Come for the tornado tossing sharks into Los Angeles with startling precision, stay for Tara Reid's cocaine-blunted "acting", the plot lines introduced in the final ten minutes, and the best possible solution to the sharknados:
    [spoilers]
    EXPLOSIONS
    [/spoilers]
    The movie of our time. I will remember until my dying day where I was on September 11th, where I was when bin Laden was killed, but the memory of Sharknado will be the brightest, the clearest, the best. I count myself lucky to be of this generation, to have been born at a time in mankind's multi-millennia history when I could experience Sharknado. God bless America. And god bless Sharknado.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

If it's a "so bad that it's good again" experience, then don't tell us because it works better if you are at least a bit surprised by it. OTOH, the title tells a bit of what can be expected.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

The Conjuring

Rating: 6.5/10
    Fun: 7/10

The movie was well paced and interesting enough. Pretty much everything about it was average though. The acting, camera work, plot, etc. Made for an okay film, probably something better for watching when it comes out on DVD.

There aren't really any scary parts of the movie, as most of the scares are jump scares, save for one scene where I was actually on the edge of my seat.

The Director James Wan is a pretty good horror director, and with a bit more refinement I think we could see some good modern horror films from him.

Overall, enjoyable horror flick, but fairly predictable.
    Then I just won't b​other!

IncGamers Member

I discovered what makes a good ninja movie.

First, show the action from the ninja's perspective, not the clueless mooks' perspective. No one wants to see a bunch of guards saying, "Huh? Where do I shoot?" No, they want to see the ninja doing things. I see ordinary people every day.

Second, and this goes for all modern movies, don't try to force emotions on the audience. Monochrome backgrounds, fire, weather, over-dramatic music is all trying too hard. You have to just tell a story and let the audience decide for themselves if they feel something.

Third, don't have so many brawls out-of-ninja-costume because it becomes a boring MA movie. Show me ninjas.

Finally, stealth and ambush kills are more interesting than combat.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakeman View Post
    The Lorax is terrible foreplay. Landed solidly on second base.
    2/10.
    I bet if she was an E.L.F. member you would have scored. If you got past the leg hair and odor.

Me, I'm waiting to see ETERNA. (link in case Vimeo embed doesn't work well)

http://player.vimeo.com/video/70941166