Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 318 of 340 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3397
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: Movie Review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Nice use of tags and welcome to the OTF.

Check your pants and wallet.
    The pants and wallet thing is done in the community forum (D2) and in general discussion (D3). I think new guys usually get a punch into the face here or so, but Scotch is obviously an exception.

We have even separate welcome rituals in the mod forum, but mentioning them here would be a rules violation.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    The pants and wallet thing is done in the community forum (D2) and in general discussion (D3).
    it originated here, those forums are just poser forums

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    We have even separate welcome rituals in the mod forum, but mentioning them here would be a rules violation.
    Can you tell me tonight over a sexy, romantic dinner?

BattleTag Zarski843

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Lazer, let me get this straight...

You're fine with Inception, but Looper confused you? Everyone had the exact reverse experience you did: they found the last 40 minutes problematic (boring farmhouse setting), and the first act was too simple (traditional Newtonian interpretation of time as an arrow, leading to annoying paradoxes) and overly explained (long narration at start).

As for the ending...
    Spoiler
    Yup lol. I was also in and out of the kitchen the first 10 minutes of the movie so I probably missed a little bit extra there. But I just didn't understand the purpose of any of it. Looking back at it now, I understand that it was setting the basic information so the rest of the movie made sense. But after 30 minutes, I couldn't even begin to tell you what the movie is about besides "targets get sent back in time so assassins kill them". If anyone asked if I had an idea what the movie was about, I couldn't tell them more than that.The last 40 minutes of the movie were super easy to follow for me, because it just felt like your basic Hollywood plot. Maybe its me, but I rarely predict how movies end, but I just knew way in advance that
    Spoiler
    Then all of the random information that was briefly touched on at the beginning came out in the last 30 minutes, which made the writing feel a little goofy (spent literally 10 seconds talking about something in the first 30 minutes, and then make it significant in the last 30 minutes and make the plot revolve around it), but it was still good.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer LXXVII View Post
    Then all of the random information that was briefly touched on at the beginning came out in the last 30 minutes, which made the writing feel a little goofy (spent literally 10 seconds talking about something in the first 30 minutes, and then make it significant in the last 30 minutes and make the plot revolve around it), but it was still good.
    that dropped plot line at the beginning was less than subtle, there was never any doubt it would figure into the story later

Spoiler
    was akin to the scene in Waynes World 2 where they talk to the guys who stock crates at the side of the road and walk back and forth with a pane of glass, you get to thinking, MAYBE, that will come up later

IncGamers Member

Can't mess with Chekhov's gun.

But after 30 minutes, I couldn't even begin to tell you what the movie is about besides "targets get sent back in time so assassins kill them".
    You figured out 95% of it, then.

Yeah I guess I was just hoping that
    Spoiler
    It was about as subtle as a freight train tho lol.

IncGamers Member

I thought it was a good addition b/c the movie would have been about cornfields without it. <Talking about the drab second half here.

Some people don't like the mix of two major sci fi ideas. But I say anything goes in the future.

BattleTag Zarski843

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013)
    Rating: 7/10
    Fun: 8/10

A world famous magician and his childhood friend face difficulties after disagreements, and a form of "street magic" on the rise in popularity.

Looking back at the movie, I am not entirely sure how I feel. I laughed a good bit throughout the movie, but the laughs came in segments. I would not laugh at all for 5-10 minutes, I would laugh a lot for 5-10 minutes, I would not laugh at all, etc. But in the end, there were some pretty good laughs. I think some of the jokes about magic just felt a little off, seeing how this is a trend that happened many years ago. Traditional magic dropped drastically in popularity, then "street magic" was on the rise, and now it seems like people are over magic and have no interest in it anymore. That sort of bled into the movie as well, it felt like it was a bit of a dated subject. The plot was funny, however, painfully predictable. You already know how the story will end after the first 15-20 minutes. However, Steve Carrell and Jim Carrey were hilarious in their roles and I can't imagine any other actor playing their respective roles better than these two guys. But like I said, it had some really funny moments, and I definitely enjoyed the movie. The humor was a little gross at times, but more in the sense of it may make you cringe a little bit. Also, I would have liked to see Jim Carrey's character a little more. I understand the purpose of his role, however he was hilarious, and I would have preferred to see him more rather than just show up and do something nasty. It would be interesting to see how "magicians" like David Blaine and Chris Angel respond to this movie lol. I enjoyed it, a decent comedy. I am not sure if I'd revisit it though.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013)
    Rating: 7/10
    Fun: 8/10

A world famous magician and his childhood friend face difficulties after disagreements, and a form of "street magic" on the rise in popularity.

Looking back at the movie, I am not entirely sure how I feel. I laughed a good bit throughout the movie, but the laughs came in segments. I would not laugh at all for 5-10 minutes, I would laugh a lot for 5-10 minutes, I would not laugh at all, etc. But in the end, there were some pretty good laughs. I think some of the jokes about magic just felt a little off, seeing how this is a trend that happened many years ago. Traditional magic dropped drastically in popularity, then "street magic" was on the rise, and now it seems like people are over magic and have no interest in it anymore. That sort of bled into the movie as well, it felt like it was a bit of a dated subject. The plot was funny, however, painfully predictable. You already know how the story will end after the first 15-20 minutes. However, Steve Carrell and Jim Carrey were hilarious in their roles and I can't imagine any other actor playing their respective roles better than these two guys. But like I said, it had some really funny moments, and I definitely enjoyed the movie. The humor was a little gross at times, but more in the sense of it may make you cringe a little bit. Also, I would have liked to see Jim Carrey's character a little more. I understand the purpose of his role, however he was hilarious, and I would have preferred to see him more rather than just show up and do something nasty. It would be interesting to see how "magicians" like David Blaine and Chris Angel respond to this movie lol. I enjoyed it, a decent comedy. I am not sure if I'd revisit it though.
    Jim Carrey is funny if edited right. But the Title is a tip of that this is not going to be seen on anything but the Parody channel.
    The Incredible Burt Wonderstone ?
    This is one of many of his bad Stinkers!

The Truman Show is a lie.