Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 314 of 340 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3397
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Movie Review thread.

Ya know, I think i've only seen the 1st PotC movie all the way. I don't remember the second very much and I've only seen bits and pieces of the third. I kinda have no idea what's going on, but i have a good feeling I'm not missing out on much! Right?! Right?

Bleh.

Found out there is yet another Die Hard movie and it comes out V-day. So I know what me and my date are doing.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

the first movie was good, all the rest were really terrible, I didn't see the 4th one

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

At least it has the better movie quotes.

Unlike with excellent movies, the first part didn't retain all of my good memories about it when I watched it again, but the sequels started at a clearly lower level.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

So, Hansel & Gretel, anyone? My boy apparently wants to see it.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Not gonna lie, I am a little interested in it. What? I said it!

BattleTag nurman-2854

I just watched the Hobbit. A great movie, the movie feels long but without being boring. Actors fill their duties well, it isn't just a 100% book -> film adaptation (creative liberties taken where plausible) and visuals are stunning! It receives my stamp of quality

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Just watched Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, a light piece of fluff which also had Walter Matthau, James Coburn and George Kennedy co-starring - how's that for a cast? I enjoyed it, it was an anodyne for some of the grimmer films I've seen recently. A whodunit with a whimsical romantic subplot and the witty-banter-dialogue so beloved of that era of film-making.
    Funny true story, a well known Leopold on these very forums suggested an Audrey Hepburn film would be just what I needed - I already had this one on my playlist so - great minds think alike

I followed up Charade with a Japanese film called Confessions. Oh boy. Hollywood went through a stage of hating teenagers, with its slasher film craze and such but you have to go Japanese to see the real deal. Confessions is not a slasher film per se - in some ways, it defies any simple definition - and I found it gripping, fascinating, slightly horrifying and utterly compelling. A twisty-turny plot that repays a willingness towards suspension of disbelief, but with chillingly realistic undercurrents. What a ride.
    Last edited by LozHinge the Unhinged; 28-01-2013 at 21:28. Reason: To change something - duh

Charade is a fun one, if you wanted to watch something of a similar cast, there's How to Steal a Million which was a bit more 60s silliness with Hepburn and Peter O'Toole

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I haven't seen HtSaM in many years. Who knows, I may go off on a nostalgia jag one of these days.

This thread is almost six years old now, I used to actually review stuff in here, I went back and checked

hmm, have I watched anything lately?

The Stranger (1946)

It's an Orson Welles movie about a nazi-hunter tracking down an infamous nazi to a small new england town. Unfortunately I didn't finish this movie. It had plenty of cleverness and suspense, but my bull**** alarm went off and I couldn't suspend my disbelief when a father and brother were completely willing to risk the life of their daughter/sister just to entrap a potential nazi. What kind of terrible family is that? I get that Kindler is a bad dude, but there's no reason to wait around while the girl is in constant danger just because it would be incriminating if he tried to murder her! I get that the man hunting him would be so heartless, but her own family? The plot was a bit too flimsy.

Farewell, My Lovely (1975)

Now here is a fun movie, its a Raymond Chandler-Philip Marlowe story starring Robert Mitchum with Charlotte Rampling as the femme fatale. I enjoyed this one, it stayed true to the genre unlike that piece of crap Elliot Gould movie The Long Goodbye. There was a fun story to unravel, plenty great locations and the best kind of characters for a hardboiled gumshoe to have to fight through, hollywood madames, thugs, washed up musicians, prowling widows, crime bosses, etc.. I recommend it.

great trailer but the quality aint so good