Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KTA 2nite

ill be coming too today so with the 3 of us we could at least do some playing, right?

IncGamers Member
    Depends on what chars u guys play, i don't remember at all. I think we can do atleast some playing, mephisto runs or something like that atleast. I sure hope we get to play tonite

BattleTag TheDK-2325

Fun Fun Fun!

In the spirit of KTA i decided to create a new character and start untwinked and try and get to the same position of everybody else (act 4 NM end?) before next Monday's sesh...enter KTA-Vhrous...a Poison and Bone Hybridmancer...never done one before so its been fun killing things with random skills and weapons til i find my feet!
    *I never realise how much i take twinking for granted as i use a full Hsaru's set combined with full Angelic's and Bloodfist as soon as i hit clvl 3, 9 and 12 so i'm a tank by clvl 12...man i had many NDE with this guy!*
    Gumby and Amplisa are valiantly capping away at monstaz while i chuck javelins, throwing knifes (with poison dagger it aint so bad to stab stab, step back, chuck!) and strangling gas pots (Treehead Woodfist owned by Strangling Gas...) as well as tanking with my meagre life...the skills at low lvl were mostly Teeth and Poison Dagger...i'm now at lvl 18 about to do Andy with Bone Spear and Poison Explosion...wish me luck!
    This start has been a hell of a lot of fun so far but i think i'm gonna struggle a bit later on...i was in a private game from clvl1-15 but i had to join a pub game (playing by myself unpartied; 8 players was 2 hard so i joined a MukePark game with 5 in...) to get some lvls up before Andy! Need some help KTA!!
    So, thats all for now peeps

dk

Acc Name: *SpankedMonkey

Quote Originally Posted by MrKaxe View Post
    enter KTA-Vhrous...a Poison and Bone Hybridmancer...never done one before so its been fun killing things with random skills and weapons til i find my feet!
    This start has been a hell of a lot of fun so far but i think i'm gonna struggle a bit later on...i was in a private game from clvl1-15 but i had to join a pub game (playing by myself unpartied; 8 players was 2 hard so i joined a MukePark game with 5 in...) to get some lvls up before Andy! Need some help KTA!!
    Should fit in fine with the other chars. We don't have a necro in the team, so no problems wanting the same gear etc.

If I were you, I would just join in some normal pubby games, but with absolute crappy gear. That way, if some loser comes in and manages to tppk you, all you have lost is time. Once you get up to lvl 40 to 45 ish, stop pubby games, get the quests and then go through nm. If you need to twink on some gear to get to where we are, I would also be inclined to do that. Depending on what it is, it might upset the balance to keep it on, but that is a 'problem' we can handle when the time comes.

Also, if you need help with quests etc, just give a yell. I should have time most weekday evenings after 8 ish UK time. Failing that, I'm sure others could do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKaxe View Post
    Acc Name: *SpankedMonkey
    What made you choose this name over other obvious candicates ? Where BashedBishop and HandShandy already taken ? :-))

DelBoy

BattleTag TheDK-2325
    Thanks very much for the support, if i need a hand i'll holler ya! (I forsee Diablo to be a problem...)

Phew! Thats a relief! I will search my mules for some gear to use then like a Stealth armour in a Light Plate, some Hsaru's pieces and Ume's Lament etc (things i could have found/made theoretically on my norm journey) for some minor twinking and get up to where you guys are a bit quicker then!

Oh yeah, *SpankedMonkey was my m8 Wailingdoom's (Dii.net member, Single Player forum poster) brief return to Battlenet account so all he had on it was a paladin i twinked for him so i figured an empty(ish) account was a fresh start...i'd ask him why he always picks the names like that! :P

IncGamers Member
    hey all!

i was *very* busy yesterday, didnt even touch any forum or internet whatsoever, so here is a day later the report.

we ended up playing with 4 people last monday, sadly our bear had to leave after an hour playing. we did 1 more HF and then entered act 5. we freeed some soldiers and got till anya wp. we then decieded that anya would be better to do with all around, and decided to skip her till next week. since 1 more guy had to leave for some schoolwork we stopped right then and there.

MrKaxe, we had a nice time chatting with you, welcome to the gang. it seems you are making nice progression with your lvling up. also, dont be too harsh on yourselve with not twinking. in a real KTA session we often do some bosses a couple of times, and in between session many people do some "mfing" as well. with that i mean some bossruns. moost of the time it nets us not much more then halfbad items, but for example the dozen or so baalruns we needed to do to lvl up before entering NM brought us many items like bloodfist (2 pair i believe), sanders shoes, unique pala shoes (those with +10 all resist) some "nice" yellow armors, and more stuff of about that lvl. i for example did some andarial NM runs, and she dropped a bonesnap... and since i am a charger...

so you see,... its not all really THAT bad, and to make your progress a bit easyer i would advise you to mule some stuff like the above mentioned in. (you would have gotten some when you would have played the entire game with us,... and drops for groups are better then for individuals.) just make sure not to come up with the enigma's, BOTD's, windforces, etc. and all that stuf that is more likely to be never found.

anyway, i will have time to help you lvling tonight, fridayevening and sunday evening, just poost here when you wish some help.

good luck, and stay safe!
    Tika

BattleTag TheDK-2325
    Hehehe, last night i gave myself a limit; one good item (34%FCR Spirit Crystal Sword) one mid-good item (Bloodfist) and a low-good item (Hsaru's boots) to twink with but i also found 2 low rare rings on the Paladin i was robbing (which was also played through Norm but the only twink was full Sigs so the jewellery was fair game!) to put on him so i thought why not...then Radament dropped me SnakeCord (good for my poison dagger dmg but not much else!) then i found a nice rare 10%FCR amulet on a CE Maggot in the Far Oasis! I cubed up some runes, found a few and robbed a few off the aforementioned Paladin to make a Leaf staff (Fire Golem prebuff when i get to 30!), a Stealth Breastplate so i'm twinked up to a degree now n ready to take on Duriel...watch this space!

Thx guys, was nice to game with people who aren't morons :P I will holler for help (Diablo...?!) when needed!

dk

IncGamers Member
    twinking like you did does NOT sound to much for me.

those are items you could realisticly have found/created while questing up to NM act 5.

good luck with duriel, and just call when you need us.

BattleTag TheDK-2325
    That's good then...added a Nightsmoke to the twinking list as it has upgrading potential for when i carry on thro the game and i will make a Rhyme in a necro head but not til i find a Shael n get a decent shrunken head...the 2 sok Large Shield with 2 norm Diamonds in it (i have a thing for res :P) will suffice til then

I will get thro most of normal 2nite i imagine...on @ 10:30pm UK time...

IncGamers Member
    i am on atm, but i think that 1030 PM over there is 2330 here.

that will be a little late, i aint going to be there when you get there i feel.

good luck with the hunt!