Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Try casting TPs every time you dont know whats going on, itll save ur *** a lot.

If you can't see it, you are lagging badly
    -Tai

good point mr mr Tai. I would personally leave and join a new game cause the way that bnets been lagging lately, it's not going to get better in the game and it will eventually drop you.... a good distinction is if your merc is moonwalking :laugh:

Thanks to all for the tips!

Yeah, that TP trick saved me when I heard the sound of the tp being activated but couldn't see the TP portal. I bailed and the /fps showed ping levels in the mid triple digits. Would have been deadly if I ran into a champion pack. I'm slowly moving through act 1 normal and headed down to face durial (hopefully I'll get decrepify before then). The lag seems to be more common now-a-days than before unfortunatly.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah (the Noob)

When I solo I pick up basically every charm and armor, sell the armors and carry any charm that does anything positive, having extra space in my inventory doesnt really do me any good, just tp back to town and sell, remember a cracked breast plate will pay for 60+ tp scrolls.

Cheers
    -Tai

Banned
    Vigorously picking up stuff is just as good as twinking the first 20-30 levels. Most problems tend to go away when you have 200K in gold to throw at them.

Some people seem to think that charms found in normal aren't worth picking up... I found some perfectly nice +6 max larges and grands in the arcane sanctuary for example.

IncGamers Member
    Here's another tip for instant safty: I've programmed one of my mousebuttons to execute alt+F4. Safty is always just one easy click away. Haven't saved me yet because I forget I have it but sooner or later...

IncGamers Member
    1) Keep gear you plan on using on a mule and mule frequently
    2) Make your skills easily accessable from standard postion on keyboard.
    3) 10 lvls in each act in normal and 5 in each in NM and Hell.
    4) Keep life topped off always. Dont worry about wasting pots.
    5) Max block, max resists
    6) Max DR ?
    7) Max your live. It keeps you alive. I am at lvl 82 with 1708 life un-boo'd.
    8) If you find your live dropping a lot then step back and play more conservatively.
    9) Pay attention to curses you get. Go to town to cure.
    10) Develop a method to deal with IM.
    11) Try to have your merc do as much killing as possible.
    12) Don't be afraid to run.
    13) Re-run easier section to level, ie tristruns in Normal, NM and Hell.
    14) Keep focus on your build to get few very effective skills and not a lot of weak ones.
    15) Keep focus while playing as the concequences are severe for failing to pay attention.
    16) Single key to leave game and use it for those "oh sh.t" moments.

Ahh.. additional words of wisdom! Thanks everyone for all the tips and tricks. I never would have thought of putting a macro for the 'quit & save' thingy as a mouse click. As an aside, I'm headed into my least favorite part of diablo - Act 3 wandering around looking for the 'original organ set'. It's a bit slow going, but I'd like to see how far I can take this character untwinked.

This is going to sound kinda stupid, but the best tip I've had thus far is not to move into the next area until you've leveled appropriately. Having the necessary skills, hit points and such is invaluable even if you have to rerun areas for experience.

The saga of Kirah the HC noob continues...

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

HC tip of the day:
    Don't save your full juvs. I wonder how many characters have died over the years with a belt full of juvs that you wanted to save for... when you really need them? Happens especially much when mfing 'just one more and he's dead...'.

BattleTag TheDK-2325
    Quote Originally Posted by hugman View Post
    HC tip of the day:
    Don't save your full juvs. I wonder how many characters have died over the years with a belt full of juvs that you wanted to save for... when you really need them? Happens especially much when mfing 'just one more and he's dead...'.
    Very, very relatable...i've learned to be a lot less stindgy with full juves as they grow on trees (i always cube up 3 lil ones 4 a full and champs drop full juves in hell like rabbitz poo :P) and can save hours of work in one click!