Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

The Golem-mancer Tournament

What to do with my 1,000th post on the SPF? Well with the Enchantress Tournament running out of steam, I thought that launching another, similarly-themed tournament, might be fun.

The Golem-mancer Tournament

I've been intrigued by the underpowered Golem skills and would like to see how far the SP Forum (and I) can take a Golem-mancer. The rules will be very liberal for this tournament to give us the best chance of Pat-ing a Golem-mancer. In particular, the tournament will be SC and deaths will be allowed. I want to give players the chance to learn the character and take him as far as possible.

Characters & gameplay

* Characters may be SC. A SC death does not disqualify the character from further participation, but the number of deaths should be reported as part of the scoring.
    * Players can use version 1.10 or 1.11
    * Red Rune Mod (RRM), and Runeword Mod (RWM) may be used.
    * Any /players setting is allowed, and may be changed at will.
    * Any merc may be used, and may be changed at will.
    * Areas may be rerun if desired.
    * Players are not required to find each WP nor complete each quest. Make progress as best you can.
    * Play is untwinked. ATMA may be used as an infinite stash.

* Players must play a Necromancer. Of the first 60 skill points invested in the character (by character level 52-54), 30 of the skill points must be invested in Golem Skills. Golem Skills are:
    - Golem Mastery
    - Clay Golem
    - Blood Golem
    - Iron Golem
    - Fire Golem
    * No more than 1 skill point may be invested in Raise Skeleton.
    * Other than these two rules, there are no restrictions on skill placement for your Golem-Mancer.

Scoring
    * 4 points for completing Normal Act,
    * 6 points for copmpleting each Nightmare Act
    * 10 points for copmpleting each Act in Hell Difficulty
    * 100 points is maximum.
    * Winner will be the player whose Golem-Mancer progresses the further. In the event of a tie, the player with the fewest deaths will be the winner.

Other than bragging rights, there is no prize for winning.

Sounds simple, doesn't it? It should be fun to compare the success of different skills strategies. Which Golem or Golems will you go with? What Curses will you invest more than one point in? IM? Decrepify? Life Tap? Confuse? Attarct? What other skills? CE, probably, but will you try for some Bone Spear/Spirit or a Poison Skill to speed the killing? How about a Bone Wall? Or Skeleton Mages? Revives?

Let the Parade of Golems begin!

IncGamers Member
    Sounds like fun. I'll join up most definately.

Could you start a chart or something?

i would join but the green with envy tournament is really fun. So i will pass.

plus there is like 10000 tournaments atm.

BattleTag Breezy1189-1970
    Im in and starting right now.

I am in

Code:
    Account Name             Character Name              Act/Difficulty     Points
    Hoid                     Rocky                       I-Normal           0

IncGamers Member
    for those who have never tried I can give some basic advice. Since the skills all synergise you can easily try one of each golem as you go. I have a guy (start of act 2 hell now) level 68, however he has been "finding a use for my spare IK mauls" Don't try to run too far ahead or sometimes they will just die, if you get a good iron golem and you want to keep it around make sure to go to town to "heal it" if its health gets in the red.

Personally I avoided CE with mine as most necros use CE and like the idea of this tournament I wanted my necro to be based around the golem, so as such i have a few curses going down to decrep for bosses of course, and I gave my necro a bow to hit on stuff from afar (great for resurrecters and tough bosses)

Also the ancients are a BLAST, its a great 3 on 3 battle with you, merc and golem vs those 3.

I currently have 20 golem mastery, 2 summon resist (good ide) 15 clay golem, 20 blood golem, 12 iron golem, 3 fire golem. I will never go any poison and bone with my guy any other points (not that there would probably be, would be to curses.

Have fun, I believe this is the type of build where "you have to see to believe" it. I won't spoil anything but try each golem type for an hour or so

What is the ending date? Also, are Revives allowed?

i dont think there is any date. And also he says once past 60 points are invested and 30 in the golem skills you can choose any other skill. So yes

Since I'm pretty much out of the Scavenger Hunt due to my HC start, I could join another tourney. Oh, and I killed my Javazon at clvl60 in Durance of hate (unequipped mercenary's weapon but my Valkyrie was still strong enough to one-shot /p8 doll), so that doesn't hold me either. I'm in.

im in, but im going hc , i always find it more fun in torneys lol. i already have my build pretty much planed and im gona start later today