Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member diablo loves donutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Banana View Post
    make the name "Flaming-Donuts"

itll sound cool when you kill someone!
    Dude I love you!

Flaming-Donutz steps into the fray....:grin:

BattleTag Greer-1174
    I tried a hydra sorc, but like all single element sorcs she needed babysitting most of the way through hell. And Act 4 was impossible. For PvM, single element is a bad idea.

I know meteorbs are cookie cutter, but their fire damage is going to be greater than a hydra sorc, and they can solo hell.

For PvP, this could be fun. I think most people focus on lite resistance/absorption, so you could do well.

IncGamers Member diablo loves donutz's Avatar
    Well not to come off as cheap, but I'll probably be getting a grushed and do runs all the way through hell and while altough I might do some pvm with her, I really want to take her into pvp lol.

IncGamers Member
    I'm curious as to the max damage of this build.

Replace Shako with some 1337 FCR Sorc skill Circlet with 2 sockets (allowing 2 facets), resists, etc.
    Replace the CoH with a Hydra/15% fire Ormus's robes, socketed with another Facet.
    Replace Spirit with Monarch w/ 4 Facets.
    You're sacrificing a lot, but you also gain quite a bit of damage while retaining the FCR breakpoint.

You'll get:
    Current Skill Level: 48
    Duration: 10 seconds
    Hydra Fire Damage: 4640-5165
    Mana Cost: 43
    As base.

You'll also get:
    75% To Fire Skills
    -40% To Enemy Fire Resistance; -125% total with Conviction from Infinity.

Thus:
    8942-9805; average 9374 without resists factored in.
    Assuming opponent has 75% FR: -125 = -50

You'll average about 14061 per hit; that's without any penalties.

A very respectable number, in my honest opinion.

But the listed equipment would be...well, 'expensive', to say the very least.

And your own resists would be..not so good.

But the damage would be like...'wow.'

You've compelled me to want to make my own Hydra Sorc...I think I'll name here Flying-Oranges or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionOfBoredom
    Replace the CoH with a Hydra/15% fire Ormus's robes, socketed with another Facet.
    Hydra Ormus does not exist. All skills can appear on Ormus except for the level 30 ones.

IncGamers Member
    Wait...I knew that...

I'm not sure what would make more of a difference, +20/-5 Fire Res Mods or the +2 to all skills when it comes to damage...

I guess you can just take a FB one and blast away, lol; you lose FCR if you lose Ormus's...

Hydra sorcs are lovely. I haven't tried a single-element one, though.
    Teleporting and Static Fielding around Hydras is a blast.

IncGamers Member
    I'm not completely sure about pvm, for a hydra sorc is completely pvp viable. I have dueled a few hydra sorcs before. What they did, is they used hydras as a type of trap, and during the hydra cool down period they spammed either spammed fireballs, or teleported around. It seems like this would work pretty well with either 105 or 200 fcr. If you made her for pvp, I would use the rest of your skills in meteor (to help with fireball damage).

As for pvm, I'm not so sure it would be that good. It has all the problems of a single element type. An idea would be you also maxed lightning in addition to hydra, and took some of the points off of the hydra synergies. Your merc's infinity would help a lot here, because it also has the additional -45 - 55 lightning resist.

IncGamers Member
    The -45 to -55 of enemy lightning resist on Infinity will only work for the wielder of the weapon, i.e. if your merc has Infinity equipped, then only the merc benefits from the -enemy lightning resist, which means that your sorc's Lightning will not benefit from Infinity's lowering of enemy lightning resist (since the merc has it equipped, and not the sorc herself).

Donutz did say that he's building this sorc for PvP, and that he will be grushing, in which case maxing Meteor as the last synergy to Fireball is a very good idea. The Hydras and Fireballs spammed at 8 fpc (105% FCR) will mean a lot of players will be busy running and dodging.

IncGamers Member
    Really, well that information will help me quite a bit when I rush with my nova sorceress :grin: . I've recently been giving my merc the infinity while I use an insight so that I can make use of its 25 fcr (enabling me to use frostburns instead of mages). But now that I know of the -55 res I'm missing out on...