For the past several weeks, Israel has been holding its breath - the *** parade, scheduled for November 10th, is going to be held in Jerusalem. Holy city Jerusalem, that is, the city where people are actually going to go out and hurt and murder people for defying the bible and making their holy city "unholy".
Just a few points of information:
- The parade is not going to go through any of the highly religious streets, nor is it going to go through the ancient holy city at all - just municipal Jerusalem, the capital of Israel.
- So far, many (I believe it's fair to say most) powerful Rabbi's have authorized for their followers to go out and hurt anyone who will be participating in the parade.
- All of the police will be present or on duty, the guarding is that heavy.
- Despite the heavy guarding, last year during the *** parade (that was also held in Jersualem), a guy got stabbed.
- The resistance is that bad that extreme Muslims, extreme Christians and extreme **** are all united in the battle against the parade. It really is THAT bad.
There are more two sides to this coin. There are the people who think that holding the *** parade in Jerusalem is just rubbing it in the faces of the believers, even though it isn't in any of the "holy" places of Jerusalem. There are those who think that there is a point in having the parade in Jerusalem, but it just isn't worth the consequences.
And there are those that think that the parade should be held in Jerusalem because and in spite of the threats, because the homosexuals have every right to hold the parade in the capital and if they push over just because some religious people threaten them, they'll never get through the point of the parade in the first place - being able to be who you are without being afraid of what other people think.
Is democracy at stake here?
So what do you think? Should the *** pride parade be held in Jerusalem, or is it just not worth it? Should the parade be moved to some other city?
Note: don't drag this into unrelated issues, please, such as any issues regarding gays in general or regarding Israel in general. Just if the *** pride parade should be held in Jerusalem or not.
On a side note I am bi so I care for this kind of things. In my opinion it should, those are the people that least accept us and they must learn to live with and accept everyone choices.