Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesticle View Post
    Hey guys, I was looking for some advice or input on negative feedback.

I've never had to leave negative feedback, and obviously I would if I got scammed or cheated, but this goes back to that grey area of an incompleted trade.

When do you think it's appropriate to leave negative feedback for an incompleted trade?

On one hand, what if you have a trade with someone and then they disappear for an extended period of time? Now they're not dodging you necessarily, and you don't know why they aren't around, and you don't want to make people feel obligated to ignore their RL for a game. On the other hand, if you've made an agreement, hopefully you should honor it and it only takes a minute, maybe, to complete a trade or log to check your PMs. And it's rather inconvenient to sit on an item you're not using while you see threads ISO that same item scroll by. Or, maybe you need the item you've agreed to receive to give your character his final gear so he can start runs.

On the other hand, what about if a person is around and just not responding to your whispers or PMs? Now, sometimes I miss people's PMs because I'm going between games and channels a lot, so maybe they just didn't get them? When do you think the behavior warrants negative feedback here?

Thanks for any ideas,

David
    David,
    This issue is really up to you. However I can give my take on it.

I personally would not give negative feedback on an trade that never happened. I might give neutral feedback though. I would have to have made a good faith effort to get in touch with the person that agreed on the trade and it would have to be for an item of some value, not just a few pgems or something. Especially if it tied up an item for a while. I would also pm him on the forum to try to find him. And Only if he/she was around making posts and you see his account active on bnet and he/she is ignoring you. After that I would send a final pm to tell him you need the value out of your item and need to trade and are putting it back up for trade....

Hope that helps
    Spiffy

What about feedback for someone who had a BIN list, and you posted your BIN first then the trader traded that Item to someone else who BIN'd after you, would this be a case for negative or neutral feedback, we did complete the trade for the other items, and it was less than 24 hours after my BIN was made.

I just had a problem with an incomplete trade but from the looks of it the seller isn't available for whatever reason. It's been a few days and I've tried quite a bit to contact him in game, pm'd on boards and sat in a channel waiting. I wouldnt leave bad feedback for that I just withdrew the offer politely and move on.

Banned
    i was wondering why can u only submit 3 ratings a day? xD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
    i was wondering why can u only submit 3 ratings a day? xD
    I am able to submit more than three per day. They may be referring to a limit a three for a an individual person on any given day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dii Legend View Post
    I am able to submit more than three per day. They may be referring to a limit a three for a an individual person on any given day.
    u can cuz u pay to use this site lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LipGloss View Post
    u can cuz u pay to use this site lol.
    That is not one the perks for Palship. :wink3:

Unethical Traders

Well, here goes my rant...

I am getting really annoyed by the number of traders on East Forum who don't abide by the ethics and professionalism around trading. People who offer things to trade, then accept an offer and then either reneg the deal, offer the same item in other threads or just plain ignore your PM's while they are still active on the forum. Also, people who bid in your thread and disappear. I don't mind if someone retracts an offer in my thread (even if I have accepted it), however, I can't stand when they just ignore my requests to trade or PM's.

As East Trading forums members, should we put up with this lack of maturity or can we flag these traders with negative or neutral feedback. Either way, I have my personal black list.

I welcome your thoughts.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xNamastex View Post
    Well, here goes my rant...

I am getting really annoyed by the number of traders on East Forum who don't abide by the ethics and professionalism around trading. People who offer things to trade, then accept an offer and then either reneg the deal, offer the same item in other threads or just plain ignore your PM's while they are still active on the forum. Also, people who bid in your thread and disappear. I don't mind if someone retracts an offer in my thread (even if I have accepted it), however, I can't stand when they just ignore my requests to trade or PM's.

As East Trading forums members, should we put up with this lack of maturity or can we flag these traders with negative or neutral feedback. Either way, I have my personal black list.

I welcome your thoughts.
    I totally agree:
    Look at what just happened to me here.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=586157

Not only do I have my personal black list but I also have a list of people that offer on items that have an accepted bid on them. I also don't do business with the people that bogat trades.

Of course this place is still a fantastic place to trade compared to other places filled with spam and hateful words and scamming.

Maybe we need small list of ethics.....that gives me an idea. Since we don't need more rules but could use a standard of ethics, it might be a good idea to share with others what good ethics might be.

spiffy

IncGamers Member AlabasterFilth's Avatar
    Can someone answer for me what ISO means? I'm still relatively new at trading.