Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffymcbang View Post
    I have a question as to when feedback is allowed.

After offering a item in someones thread that is from there ISO, along with a price. Then the op accepts the trade, and the trade never occurs after numerous attempts to contact this person.

May I leave negative feed back or at least neutral even though a trade never occured?

Thanks
    Spiff.
    If you've PM'd them, and they won't answer, or they seem dodgy... I'd say leave some neutral maybe? Or maybe negative if you see them actively trading in other threads, but ignoring you.

Touchy really, it sucks when you have both agreed to the trade, but you can't get another response from them or find them in-game... especially if you see them logged on to the forum. However, I have a trade right now that was agreed to over a week ago... we havn't ran into each other online yet... BUT, there have been several PM's and we both ultimatley agreed that we should just do a mule trade.

As for that other thread, were the guy posted the same Perfect anni twice with conflicting stories, I think somebody in that thread shoudl definatley leave negative feedback for him for his misleading info and possible dupes, just to protect other members that may not read over peoples last few trades.

So! Leave that negative feedback!* Its really of more use than positive if you think about it. Most of us who trade regularly already know who we can trade with safely, I wan't the unsafe trades to be pointed out. Also, if someone thinks they are being bashed, they have every right to report false/unjust feedback and pleed their case to the mod.

*if i owe you a trade and i forgot please don't leave me bad feedback, =)

Quote Originally Posted by killian27 View Post
    If you've PM'd them, and they won't answer, or they seem dodgy... I'd say leave some neutral maybe? Or maybe negative if you see them actively trading in other threads, but ignoring you.

Touchy really, it sucks when you have both agreed to the trade, but you can't get another response from them or find them in-game... especially if you see them logged on to the forum. However, I have a trade right now that was agreed to over a week ago... we havn't ran into each other online yet... BUT, there have been several PM's and we both ultimatley agreed that we should just do a mule trade.

As for that other thread, were the guy posted the same Perfect anni twice with conflicting stories, I think somebody in that thread shoudl definatley leave negative feedback for him for his misleading info and possible dupes, just to protect other members that may not read over peoples last few trades.

So! Leave that negative feedback!* Its really of more use than positive if you think about it. Most of us who trade regularly already know who we can trade with safely, I wan't the unsafe trades to be pointed out. Also, if someone thinks they are being bashed, they have every right to report bad feedback and pleed their case to the mod.

I agree with the sediment however, that person then has the opportunity and reason to respond with negative feedback towards you. What if we had an "attention to mods" button where the moderator could intervene and leave bad feedback where warranted? This of course would only apply to trades which were not consumated due to reasons specified in spiffy's post, or when a dubious item is posted.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by killian27 View Post

So! Leave that negative feedback!* Its really of more use than positive if you think about it. Most of us who trade regularly already know who we can trade with safely, I wan't the unsafe trades to be pointed out. Also, if someone thinks they are being bashed, they have every right to report false/unjust feedback and pleed their case to the mod.

Thanks killian,
    It is a gray area I admit.
    It goes like this:

Trade agreed upon as previously stated.
    Look on line for fella a few times the first few days after trade was agreed upon. No luck
    Pm the guy twice to determine if he was still interested or wanted to cancel. Look on line a bit more. 3 weeks later...
    Followed by wallowing in limbo since I have heard nothing? At least respond with "no thanks, don't need any more"

This feed back system is suppose to be rating the type of traders that people are. In real life you don't leave people hanging who you are doing business with? It makes for bad business. So I thought it makes for bad trading.

Thanks for your thoughts
    spiff

IncGamers Member
    My $.02.

If someone agrees to a trade and then backs out to it because they get a better offer (or for some other reason) you have the right to rate them either neutral or negative. People should understand that if you get into an agreement it should be followed - but this is a market driven system and if someone else comes along, blows them away with a better offer, they can decide to sell to the big gun knowing that they're risking a devaluation of their trade rating.

Since you are required to post a link when you rate the buyer/seller to the thread where the deal was done it should minimize retaliation. If someone does retaliate unfairly contact a mod and ask them to remove the rating (I think that's possible) and they can review the thread marked when they get a chance.

Mostly though if you're a good trader and have 20 greens and one neutral/red people are still going to trade with you.

As far as the mad-duper goes I wouldn't bother rating them. If people are going to make trades with someone who is new or who doesn't have any rating then they should know there's a significant risk. I'd also be wary of people using dual logon's who try to 'bid up' the price of items. ie. bidding is moving up at 1-2 hr a post and suddenly someone fires it up 20 hrs... It could be one of the guys around here with hundreds of roons just doesn't enjoy auctions (and that is usually the case) but if it's somebody who doesn't have a history of trading it might be a fake being used to drive up the price.

Basically the rating system acts to eliminate 1-post perfect Anni wonders like the tool on earlier so use it. If members want to risk trading with an unknown that's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by safetypro View Post
    I agree with the sediment however, that person then has the opportunity and reason to respond with negative feedback towards you. What if we had an "attention to mods" button where the moderator could intervene and leave bad feedback where warranted? This of course would only apply to trades which were not consumated due to reasons specified in spiffy's post, or when a dubious item is posted.
    If you look at your own trader profile, there is a button next to each feedback entry "report bad rating"... if someone is giving false feedback just to retaliate, you would use that button and then a mod could get involved and look over what has happened.

I still agree though, that you would really want to be careful leaving bad feedback for a trade that doesn't happen... you'd feel bad if you found out they didn't show up for the trade because they were been held captive by wild orangatans =-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowgat View Post
    My $.02.

If someone agrees to a trade and then backs out to it because they get a better offer (or for some other reason) you have the right to rate them either neutral or negative. People should understand that if you get into an agreement it should be followed - but this is a market driven system and if someone else comes along, blows them away with a better offer, they can decide to sell to the big gun knowing that they're risking a devaluation of their trade rating.

Since you are required to post a link when you rate the buyer/seller to the thread where the deal was done it should minimize retaliation. If someone does retaliate unfairly contact a mod and ask them to remove the rating (I think that's possible) and they can review the thread marked when they get a chance.

Mostly though if you're a good trader and have 20 greens and one neutral/red people are still going to trade with you.

As far as the mad-duper goes I wouldn't bother rating them. If people are going to make trades with someone who is new or who doesn't have any rating then they should know there's a significant risk. I'd also be wary of people using dual logon's who try to 'bid up' the price of items. ie. bidding is moving up at 1-2 hr a post and suddenly someone fires it up 20 hrs... It could be one of the guys around here with hundreds of roons just doesn't enjoy auctions (and that is usually the case) but if it's somebody who doesn't have a history of trading it might be a fake being used to drive up the price.

Basically the rating system acts to eliminate 1-post perfect Anni wonders like the tool on earlier so use it. If members want to risk trading with an unknown that's their choice.
    I agree except for the mad-duper part... once we identify someone as a tool, their trader rating should be screaming tool.. so that he doesn't catch somebody off-guard that did not see the post. I also agree that everybody shoudl be leary of new accounts and read over their thread history... but evenstill, we have a trader rating system, we should use it.

Oh drat, I double posted... now i look like a tool :fortuneteller:

IncGamers Member
    k going back to the original post in this thread...how do I get to the url on the trade pages? Maybe i'm being stupid but I can't figure out how to get to the feedback part of this forum. I have made like 3 trades on here and would like to leave the feedback but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I wouldn't want the people I traded with to think I didn't care about the trade or anything. I just can't figure the darn thing out lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mhashman View Post
    k going back to the original post in this thread...how do I get to the url on the trade pages? Maybe i'm being stupid but I can't figure out how to get to the feedback part of this forum. I have made like 3 trades on here and would like to leave the feedback but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I wouldn't want the people I traded with to think I didn't care about the trade or anything. I just can't figure the darn thing out lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    Click on the little red number underneath the person's name, then on the next page click on "Submit Feedback For <name here>". Then all you have to do is fill out the form and click Submit Reply.

Banned
    heres a great idea, N1gger jokes!!!
    ill start
    two n1ggers decide to jump off a building. who lands first???

who cares LOL

IncGamers Member
    Had a question that could use some input on. What if you trade with someone that claims that their sojs are legit and you leave a positive feedback, but then they poof in a couple of days?? Feedback appreciated